• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
Ken replacement head just dropped
RyiZqMw.gif

http://pfunkk.deviantart.com/art/SF...ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1
LykbZcG.jpg

As someone who thinks Ken's face doesn't even look that bad, this as a replacement is hilariously bad.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That's the problem, everyone's trying to make this game look like 3s when it doesn't need to. You see it with Ken, you see it with Alex.

I think that everyone looks good during gameplay. Characters designed for 2d sometimes just won't look 'right' in 3d. Part of the reason I think capcom should have opted with profile art for the character select, but hey.

Edzi

I think that everyone looks good during gameplay. Characters designed for 2d sometimes just won't look 'right' in 3d. Part of the reason I think capcom should have opted with profile art for the character select, but hey.

All they really have to do to "fix" it is to change the poses/angles in the character select screen.

i prefer art in char. select screen. probably loads faster too.

btw. i dislike all these fan mods. they're respectable for fan mods but i wouldn't want them in the game.

VariantX

i prefer art in char. select screen. probably loads faster too.

btw. i dislike all these fan mods. they're respectable for fan mods but i wouldn't want them in the game.

I agree. There is no need wait for character models to load on the select screen. Its something every 3D fighting game wants to do because it looks nice, but I just think it adds unnecessary load times. The only game I don't really notice the wait for the character select screen to the fight is XRD

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All they really have to do to "fix" it is to change the poses/angles in the character select screen.

Possibly. Maybe they should have fully keyframed the poses specifically on character select. They could have avoided the clipping/ 2p 0g boobgate stuff too with character art though. I like the UI as it is but I think seeing small stuff like that contributed to the perception of the game being rushed.

It feels good to gimmick to death someone who just gimmicked you to death. I played this Gold Birdie and the one trick he had up his sleeve is that he would use jab and EX Bull Revenger at close ranges. It worked great on me because I suck and had a hard time reacting to it. The only time I jumped, I accidentally jumped forward and got no punish. I lose the first game and then I remembered that gimmick that I copied from Daigo a few weeks ago(using HK tatsu to beat throw tech). I start abusing that against the guy and land it repeatedly. By the final round of the 3rd match he was terrified to tech and I landed 4 of my last 5 throw attempts.

Edzi

Watching CEO right now: gosh, Mike Ross' Laura is so basic and rough!
He's not getting her at all.

Both Mike Ross' and Gootecks' main char choices in SFV confuse me. Laura isn't too bad of a pick but Mike seems to rely too much on her gimmicks, and Mika just seems like the antithesis of the "honest" and fundamental based gameplay gootecks used to preach.

JayEH

Both Mike Ross' and Gootecks' main char choices in SFV confuse me. Laura isn't too bad of a pick but Mike seems to rely too much on her gimmicks, and Mika just seems like the antithesis of the "honest" and fundamental based gameplay gootecks used to preach.

Well Mike can't compete anymore since he works for twitch so I don't think he really cares and gootecks doesn't seem to be taking competitive play really seriously since he focuses on crosscounter.

You play like a friend of mine and I don't really like the mentality of backing away constantly, you're basically moving out of your ideal range and resetting the game.
Also there really is no point in backing away> activate v-trigger> charge fireball, you're just wasting your v-trigger there; no super bronze and higher player is ever going to get hit by that.

Instead use vtrigger to make unsafe normals safe (like a blocked sweep) or in a combo for extra damage (easiest one is ryu's target combo, the last hit can be canceled with vtrigger into super).

Thanks for the words man :)

What's Ryus target combo btw?

kasane

played again after 2 weeks

4/5 games people rage quit

honestly i only go to this thread to complain :(. Thsi didnt happen in ultra

Edgeward

Watching CEO right now: gosh, Mike Ross' Laura is so basic and rough!
He's not getting her at all.

He almost beat Justin in the Rumble but then he gambled like Mike Ross does and missed a stun opportunity and proceeded to lose the deciding, final round

It is so weird seeing all the pros complaining about the 8-frames then seeing Justin Wong consistently whiff-punish so much stuff handily.

J.Wong is a beast in this game.

Keylow415

bbuut i want that shiny number with my name :(

in all seriousness i cant help but not play rank since i love that sense of progression even though it doesn't accurately represent my skill.

yea i understand. i hope they really fix the matchmaking problem with the upcoming patch. and one day they will fix the rage quite too. its wired ecase it happens in casual too. i just dont understand why people can't take losing.

It is so weird seeing all the pros complaining about the 8-frames then seeing Justin Wong consistently whiff-punish so much stuff handily.

J.Wong is a beast in this game.

Probably because he wasn't wearing headphones that he could hear the other player's stick and them pressing unsafe buttons all the time. And Karin can out footsie most characters. Her command dash can go right through genocide cutter it's stupid.

what i learn about this game is never ever underestimate this game especially survivor mode
today i just finish hell mode on my first try, then hoping to boost my player level i wanna try playing normal mode, i thought its gonna be a stroll in the park then bam on my 29 stage i got whip by necalli. that really hurt :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom