• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here' s a decent match and a half between me and this good Ken player. Can someone please give me some critique :) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjtENKavvI

(1) The first time that st.hp into EX moonsault didn't work, should have also been the last time. If an opponent has proven they won't let you get away with something, then stop doing it. Same goes for the Ken player the first time his EX divekick got blown up by your EX scythe.

(2) Love how on-point you were with punishing that EX-divekick. Good stuff.

(3)You were jumping just a tad bit-too much for my tastes. That Ken was also fairly on-point with his AAs.

Not a Nash player myself so I might be a bit wrong on this one but you were doing that f+hp a bit too close in some situations. I think he might have been able to punish it once or twice in that video.

(1) The first time that st.hp into EX moonsault didn't work, should have also been the last time. If an opponent has proven they won't let you get away with something, then stop doing it. Same goes for the Ken player the first time his EX divekick got blown up by your EX scythe.

(2) Love how on-point you were with punishing that EX-divekick. Good stuff.

(3)You were jumping just a tad bit-too much for my tastes. That Ken was also fairly on-point with his AAs.

Not a Nash player myself so I might be a bit wrong on this one but you were doing that f+hp a bit too close in some situations. I think he might have been able to punish it once or twice in that video.

Thanks for the feedback. For #1, he got caught by the EX Moonslaught a couple times before because he was anticipating a throw, so I figured it was worth the risk since his punish wasn't very good anyway. For F.HP, he didn't punish it a single time, so I was just fishing for a crush counter, and I already discouraged him from jumping in with my EX Scythe.

As for my jumping, it is still a flaw in my gameplan, but I did teach him to fear me on the ground with my pokes, so I caught him off guard with my jumps a couple times.

Vice

It is so weird seeing all the pros complaining about the 8-frames then seeing Justin Wong consistently whiff-punish so much stuff handily.

J.Wong is a beast in this game.
Whiff punishing isn't too hard in the game. Characterslike Karin, Laura and Vega are monsters at it.

Mediking

what i learn about this game is never ever underestimate this game especially survivor mode
today i just finish hell mode on my first try, then hoping to boost my player level i wanna try playing normal mode, i thought its gonna be a stroll in the park then bam on my 29 stage i got whip by necalli. that really hurt :(

The last stages in Survival Normal are hated by many because they are total trolls.

878c58eed110d7a1ad18e8de2e54ba23dccfd01b_1_690x453.png

So when will we get the new update? And after next update Alex and Guile won't be free??

Somewhere between 28-30 June. Most likely 30th June.

No. You'll have to either purchase them with your FM or purchase them individually with real money or buy the season pass with your real money. (Buying characters individually is a bit of a ripoff)

Damn, Chun-Li dominates the Platinum leagues while Bison torments those poor players who aren't used to blocking/teching yet.

Surprisingly even over all, though I kinda expected FANG to be a bit lower overall than he is, especially for Rookie.

EDIT: And that Cammy though, really proves she takes skill to use effectively.

Steroyd

So random Tatsu's are a thing now? Was playing casual and came across a Ken who just light tatsu'ing every other second, brain couldn't comprehend.

So random Tatsu's are a thing now? Was playing casual and came across a Ken who just light tatsu'ing every other second, brain couldn't comprehend.
When you're playing against a Ken online, there is no such thing as random.

It. Is. All. According. To. The. Flowchart.

FluxWaveZ

Meh, I've lost 300+ points multiple times due to stupid mistakes because of being too tired or whatever. Can't say I really cared. Being "salty" is pointless.

The salt does work in your favour sometimes though. Getting beaten by a Laura got me to work on dealing with a bunch of her shenanigans and I've already learnt how to deal with her cr.mk into whatever mixup.

Edzi

Been playing ranked for the last couple hours after avoiding it for a long time. Seems like it's still kinda garbage and full of long waits and terrible connections, so that new update can't come soon enough.

FluxWaveZ

You sound kinda salty. ;)

? I don't see how. Again, if there's anything that prevents someone from getting better, it's frustration and making a bunch of excuses. Every loss or mistake is an opportunity for improvement and self-reflection. Getting "salty"—resulting in crap like rage quits or elaborate rants—is just a useless wall.

Meh, I've lost 300+ points multiple times due to stupid mistakes because of being too tired or whatever. Can't say I really cared. Being "salty" is pointless.

I made a post about this a few weeks ago. Going on an hour sleep, I felt fine but was dropping combos more than usual and I'm sure my reflexes were way down. My timing was off and only sleep could fix it. Also, I found that I play my best in the morning on weekends after I had a full eight.

FluxWaveZ

I still can't believe you don't main Ryu.

In every single competitive game, I instinctively stray away from the more "vanilla" characters. Whether it's Zerg as opposed to Terran in SC2, whether it's puppet characters in ASW games, whether it's the character who can teleport in Divekick, etc. That tends to mean that I main characters/factions that are eventually considered "gimmicky" by the playerbase, but ah well. It's always primarily about aesthetics for me.

In every single competitive game, I instinctively stray away from the more "vanilla" characters. Whether it's Zerg as opposed to Terran in SC2, whether it's puppet characters in ASW games, whether it's the character who can teleport in Divekick, etc. That tends to mean that I main characters/factions that are eventually considered "gimmicky" by the playerbase, but ah well. It's always primarily about aesthetics for me.
I can understand that. Hell, I Play fang ffs.

It's just that your previous post seems like exactly the sort of stuff Ryu says, about finding meaning in the fight and improving with every battle and stuff.

? I don't see how. Again, if there's anything that prevents someone from getting better, it's frustration and making a bunch of excuses. Every loss or mistake is an opportunity for improvement and self-reflection. Getting "salty"—resulting in crap like rage quits or elaborate rants—is just a useless wall.
Those elaborate rants prevent me from brushing the problem aside and sets a fire in me to find answers while also allowing me to vent. And I'm proud to say that I am now a Mika killer (within reason) after we all had our little discussion about Nash's v-reversal.

FluxWaveZ

It's just that your previous post seems like exactly the sort of stuff Ryu says, about finding meaning in the fight and improving with every battle and stuff.

Heh, though to be fair, Mika also has a similar philosophy when it comes to self-improvement.

Those elaborate rants prevent me from brushing the problem aside and sets a fire in me to find answers while also allowing me to vent. And I'm proud to say that I am now a Mika killer (within reason) after we all had our little discussion about Nash's v-reversal.

Sure, everyone has their own means of improvement. For me, complaining about how annoying a character is or how much an MU seems insurmountable is a waste of time when I could rather dedicate my thoughts to finding solutions to those issues, but I can see how the opposite could work as breakthroughs for others.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's ok, just embrace the animu. Btw, how's the netcode for Guilty Gear?

I'm interested in getting it but only if it's a PSN sale and if the online is good.

I think its pretty good. I've only played a handful of matches though. Haven't had the bad connections yet.

Sigmaah

Yo Ken players, what do u guys go to approach the opponent? I'm having a hard time figuring out what to use to apply pressure and what not.

Help pls.

Pompadour

It's ok, just embrace the animu. Btw, how's the netcode for Guilty Gear?

I'm interested in getting it but only if it's a PSN sale and if the online is good.

Not bad but worse than SFV, on average. The problem is there's like 70 people playing so you'll run into a lot of people far away from you.

Skilletor

Brehs I'm in that Revelator vortex. I.. I don't know if I'm going to make it.

I would be, but it's impossible to play the two characters I want to play most online unless it's the best connection...so I haven't played it despite buying the demo.

Leveling up in SF5, though. Fighting some of the best players in the state getting bodied. Last week 5-0 sets. This week 5-3, 5-4.

Almost time for Ibuki. <3

I implore everyone to play as many fighting games as possible.

I feel far better at fighting games when I play more of them as opposed to just one. Maybe Gundam's focus on the neutral is helping me, I dunno.

Skilletor

I feel far better at fighting games when I play more of them as opposed to just one. Maybe Gundam's focus on the neutral is helping me, I dunno.

I agree. I play almost everything. In my current rotation is sf, sc5, ggxrd, and random old fighters (garou, msh, and alpha 3).

Waiting on t7 and praying to the gods we'll get an sc6.

Pompadour

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. A fighting game may teach me a specific concept that I was aware of but not really interested in pursuing. For example, I knew about Counter Hit combos but that seemed like a lot of work for something that specific so I never bother to learn about them. I didn't see the value until I played Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- where the game really tries to let you know you scored a counter hit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu's j.lk is so broken, beats every anti-air clean. You thought Dhalsim's st.lp is amazing? Eat this combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom