• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

Why? Follow ups on Spin Knuckle hit are more than gracious enough for her to do her business.

Her CA doesn't really need what you're asking for here either. You just have to be aware of which button you using per where the character is. It hits just fine if you aware of that.

Sometimes if you strike an opponent at a distance other than point blank, the stagger of the opponent combined with the pushback means you have to very quickly change the confirm from the safer cr.MP to the riskier st.HP. And there's no real time to confirm this has happened until you're almost out of time to realize it's happened.

Keep in mind it doesn't happen that often.

Also the second thing is just a convenience thing to help in the heat of the moment. When it does whiff, it tends to graze the opponent's hairdo or toes, so adding a few pixels of comfort is fine. Unless you're against comfort. :p

Sometimes if you strike an opponent at a distance other than point blank, the stagger of the opponent combined with the pushback means you have to very quickly change the confirm from the safer cr.MP to the riskier st.HP. And there's no real time to confirm this has happened until you're almost out of time to realize it's happened.

Keep in mind it doesn't happen that often.

Also the second thing is just a convenience thing to help in the heat of the moment. When it does whiff, it tends to graze the opponent's hairdo or toes, so adding a few pixels of comfort is fine. Unless you're against comfort. :p

If it doesn't happen often, then it seems quite negligible to begin with.

I only play Cammy as like 3rd or 4th string character and I have no problems hitting it when I want to do it.

qcf x2

I heard something about some combo exhibition yesterday, does anybody have a YT link? Specifically for Laura, but I'd like to see all of them.

Cammy's cr.MP needs to be 4 frames so she has a frame trap that works reliably against counter reversal jabs instead of being forced to link backwards into st.LP / st.LK to harass people, since no one cares if they get hit by those moves at far range

That's pretty much all I'd ask for, other than maybe small quality of life fixes to some irritating things, like...

Spin Knuckle should push back less on hit
EX Cannon Strike on hit should knock the opponent slightly farther forward so you don't have the opponent crossing you over four times while they're spinning
Vertically increase the hitbox in both directions for the Critical Art so it's less likely to whiff in weird spots like the corner

As for extra moves or such, I have no idea what they could give her that wouldn't break her. Though it is a bit demoralizing that so many characters have overheads and command grabs in this game and she's just kinda left there lol.

Cammy should never have an overhead, but I think she does need a little help. I mean, Ryu can pressure as well as her but with way more tools, more range with normals (why), more damage and of course more health. Not a complaint against Ryu, but Cammy's missing something. The first thing I would do is extend the hit box of her st mk. The second thing I would maybe do is buff her vskill so it's a counter on hit. Before everybody goes crazy, that thing is hard to land. Like, really hard. You can get thrown/blown up on reaction and it really doesn't go through fireballs unless you time it with the first frame or two (aka psychic). If that's too much to ask then let me do air strikes a frame or two earlier, but I'd prefer the vskill buff.

Her defense sucks imo and that's fine, she's the definitive glass cannon of the base roster. But glass cannons should not be getting out pressured by half of the cast. I'm actually thinking about creating my own tier/matchup list for fun and based off my own experience, starting with Cammy. I think she's overall good but she has some of the worst matchups in the game imo.

Skilletor

Cammy's cr.MP needs to be 4 frames so she has a frame trap that works reliably against counter reversal jabs instead of being forced to link backwards into st.LP / st.LK to harass people, since no one cares if they get hit by those moves at far range

That's pretty much all I'd ask for, other than maybe small quality of life fixes to some irritating things, like...

Spin Knuckle should push back less on hit
EX Cannon Strike on hit should knock the opponent slightly farther forward so you don't have the opponent crossing you over four times while they're spinning
Vertically increase the hitbox in both directions for the Critical Art so it's less likely to whiff in weird spots like the corner

As for extra moves or such, I have no idea what they could give her that wouldn't break her. Though it is a bit demoralizing that so many characters have overheads and command grabs in this game and she's just kinda left there lol.

If her c.mp was 4 frames, she could link it from s.lp, and that would be stupid. Haven't checked any other data, but "small" changes like this have big consequences when you apply it to the rest of her moveset.
Spin Knuckle allows you to be in distance for a link after. If you were pushed back less, then she'd be able to get her s.mp, s.hp link on hit. Now it's a semi-easy link on hit with s.mp, and a tighter, but more damaging link with s.hp. If they block it and aren't pushed back, now I am in range of her s.mp shenanigans. That would make the move a bit too good.

She doesn't need either of these changes.

Critical Art...eh, just choose the right button. Changing the hitbox on it would make it difficult to jump away.

4 frame crouching medium punch? Even characters with amazing cr.mp like Karin don't get a 4 frame cr.mp.

Cammy doesn't even need a frame trap. Her neutral game is absolutely devastating with her amazing walk speed, quick buttons and strong confirms. If you wanna catch people pressing buttons, walk backwards a bit and throw out a st.hp (or is it b.hp not sure) into spiral arrow. At worst you'll whiff a quick button and be back to neutral.

Watch some K-Brad videos if you wanna see how hard Cammy can destroy people in the neutral.

Edit: Cammy also has an EX dive kick that hits overhead and is safe on block. Laura mains wishing their only overhead move wasn't slow as shit and really unsafe on block (though admittedly is pretty good in very specific situations).

If her c.mp was 4 frames, she could link it from s.lp, and that would be stupid. Haven't checked any other data, but "small" changes like this have big consequences when you apply it to the rest of her moveset.
Spin Knuckle allows you to be in distance for a link after. If you were pushed back less, then she'd be able to get her s.mp, s.hp link on hit. Now it's a semi-easy link on hit with s.mp, and a tighter, but more damaging link with s.hp. If they block it and aren't pushed back, now I am in range of her s.mp shenanigans. That would make the move a bit too good.

Critical Art...eh, just choose the right button. Changing the hitbox on it would make it difficult to jump away.

Yep.

Nyoro SF

I didn't consider her st.lp when I posted that. That is definitely a problem, if she could do st.LP, cr.MP, cr.MP confirms. If they made her jab +3 on hit instead, so you could still do a counter-hit combo from it into cr.MP instead of st.MP, that would be better, though it would reduce her damage output from counter-hit jab, which would be a rough nerf.

Keep in mind for spin knuckle I said hit only. Funnily enough there is almost no pushback on block with spin knuckle already. I guess it's already a rare occurrence at this point I don't really need a pushback change that could result in egregious damage output.

As for the critical art, just blocking it for a huge punish is fine. It's used rarely as a finisher because most of the cast has some form of move that can stop it once it begins. I don't think there's a need to jump, you can just wait and see what will happen since the whiff recovery is so massive.

FluxWaveZ

A theory fighting question: Does V-Trigger activation affect combo scaling for every character?

Mika Combo #1: MP+MK > st.MP > st.HP > CA = 474 damage
Mika Combo #2: MP+MK > st.MP > st.HP > HP+HK > CA = 428 damage

I had no idea that the scaling would be affected by its activation even if it didn't hit anything. When the CA lands for the first one, scaling is at 80%. For the second, 70%.

I didn't consider her st.lp when I posted that. That is definitely a problem, if she could do st.LP, cr.MP, cr.MP confirms. If they made her jab +3 on hit instead, so you could still do a counter-hit combo from it into cr.MP instead of st.MP, that would be better, though it would reduce her damage output from counter-hit jab, which would be a rough nerf.

Keep in mind for spin knuckle I said hit only. Funnily enough there is almost no pushback on block with spin knuckle already. I guess it's already a rare occurrence at this point I don't really need a pushback change that could result in egregious damage output.

As for the critical art, just blocking it for a huge punish is fine. It's used rarely as a finisher because most of the cast has some form of move that can stop it once it begins. I don't think there's a need to jump, you can just wait and see what will happen since the whiff recovery is so massive.

Umm...I'm pretty sure on counter-hit, her jab can already do just that tho, lol!

A theory fighting question: Does V-Trigger activation affect combo scaling for every character?

Mika Combo #1: MP+MK > st.MP > st.HP > CA = 474 damage
Mika Combo #2: MP+MK > st.MP > st.HP > HP+HK > CA = 428 damage

I had no idea that the scaling would be affected by its activation even if it didn't hit anything. When the CA lands for the first one, scaling is at 80%. For the second, 70%.
Activating CA mid-combo takes an additional 10% off.

If I do a cr.hp xx Shoryuken with Ryu.

cr.hp comes out at 100% scaling
Shoryuken comes out at 90% scaling.

However, if I do a cr.hp xx VT xx Shoryuken.

cr.hp comes out at 100% scaling
VT comes out, takes 10% scaling
Shoryuken comes at 80% scaling.

Doesn't affect it if the V-Trigger leads to/ is the first hit of the combo. If you start a combo with Nash's V-Trigger, then it doesn't apply as it's just a mobility tool but doing it mid-combo takes 10% off.

Similar situation with R.Mika's V-Trigger.

And yes, it is universal so it applies for every character.

Nyoro SF

Umm...I'm pretty sure on counter-hit, her jab can already do just that tho, lol!

st.MP is 6F, cr.MP is 5F, counter-hit jab gives +2 extra frames, so in the new scenario, you only get +5 on counter-hit

So rather than do st.LP CH, st.MP, st.HP xx SA
you're forced to do st.LP CH, cr.MP, cr.MP xx SA

which is a damage output nerf.

Lol did someone seriously ask for a 4f cr mp? on cammy no less?

Sure, it's already stubby.
I don't mind if they make it more disadvantageous on block to compensate.

hwateber

I know Ken has a 4f b.MP, does anyone else in the cast have a 4 frame medium? Ken's is godlike, or at least I feel like it is when I throw it out

I know Ken has a 4f b.MP, does anyone else in the cast have a 4 frame medium? Ken's is godlike, or at least I feel like it is when I throw it out
Don't think anyone else has a 4f medium.

And Ken makes up for his lack of a 3-frame normal with a 4f medium. If I do a 4f light and he does a 4f medium, his will win every single time.

Whales

Banned
Don't think anyone else has a 4f medium.

And Ken makes up for his lack of a 3-frame normal with a 4f medium. If I do a 4f light and he does a 4f medium, his will win every single time.

also isn't the range on his back mp pretty freaking short too? it compensates imo

Whales

Banned
considering how guile looked great and was playable he should come out this month

wasn't balrog playable too IIRC? I remember reading something about that

so they're probably not gonna get delayed

considering how guile looked great and was playable he should come out this month

wasn't balrog playable too IIRC? I remember reading something about that

so they're probably not gonna get delayed

The community manager mentioned something about either seeing balrog played or something like that. It was months ago and could've just been during early/middle stages of development or something, not sure.

Mr. X

Who are the really strong players on Gaf?

Flux, that Nash avatar guy? Who else?

I would enjoy a long set if interested.

Whales

Banned
lol @ game matching me with someone named ''explodingwhales''

why does it feels like when I play casual, I get matched with people with same points as me and I manage to do fine

but in ranked I get matched with people who have the same amount of points as me and I get destroyed :/

Do we know they were talking about Boxer or Claw?
It was after release, the person in question was british and news starting spreading about "Balrog being in a playable state, Capcom are just greedy theives for not putting them in the main game blahhhh" so I'm guessing Boxer.

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but seems like our friend Ono is at the Capcom UK HQ for something..

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/724624924468371456
MyV8cLw.png

cHaotix8

Cammy is one of he best characters in the game hands down, lol. I remember people complaining about her in super sfiv and she was top 2 there. Watch kazunoko and k-brad and understand how and why they are getting hits.

qcf x2

Cammy is one of he best characters in the game hands down, lol. I remember people complaining about her in super sfiv and she was top 2 there. Watch kazunoko and k-brad and understand how and why they are getting hits.

I'm not sold on KBrad at all and I feel Kazunoko is sticking with her out of stubbornness. I see Xian being top 4 with Fang before Kaz wins a major with Cammy. Her risk very slightly outweighs the reward right now.

Ooohhh, something's gonna happen. Hopefully the patch is coming out soon, rather than them announcing a release date.

Patch + Makoto as a bonus DLC character this season as a gift to fans for being patient and understanding. lol

LOL!

cHaotix8

I'm not sold on KBrad at all and I feel Kazunoko is sticking with her out of stubbornness. I see Xian being top 4 with Fang before Kaz wins a major with Cammy. Her risk very slightly outweighs the reward right now.

K-brads footsies and anti air still aren't top level yet but his ability to open the opponent up and get the hit is exceptional. The pax round Robin Friday is a good example of that.

Kaz has done great with Cammy, though I do think she struggles against Ryu.. Still, you can't deny the consistent success he has had with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom