• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Is this fuckin Naruto now?

Bison was Orochimaru before Orochimaru knew what a jutsu was. Come on, man.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/M._Bison

SFA 3 said:
By the time of Street Fighter Alpha 3, the Psycho Power begins pushing M. Bison's body to its limits. Having predicted this event, he had his scientists engineer a body that he could transfer his essence into in the form of Cammy: a genetically engineered girl created using M. Bison's DNA as a template, and part of his elite squad of Dolls, brainwashed young women who serve as assassins.

SF4 said:
M. Bison takes the bait and returns, his soul transplanted to yet another new body (again not as powerful as the one from his Alpha days). Though his scientists try to dissuade him (their reasoning being that, in time, a new body could be created that could hold the Psycho Power in its entirety), M. Bison chooses the weaker body instead of remaining dead any longer, stating that he never imagined that Seth would go so far and it will only be a matter of time before M. Bison would inhabit his body, anyway. He then takes part in Seth's new World Warrior tournament, completely incapacitating his opponents in the qualifying rounds.

This isn't new.

KAL2006

Banned
Aside from moving dialogue along I don't see why he's any more important than Azam or Mel or Eliza. I just don't see the appeal or the reason for speculation.

Well Ed does seem to have a mystery behind him unlike the other characters. From the first time he appeared in SF4 when Balrog found him.

However I'm personally not a fan of his design. If prefer some new characters and I'm not talking about Ed or Azam. I just want fresh new characters as Necalli, Laura and Rashid were great.

Or because the idea of new characters is really cool and makes things more interesting. I mean, why bother Necalli, Laura, Rashid or FANG? Might as well just take the characters from 2 and remake the game over and over again without adding any characters that didn't exist then.

We can assume that a minor character that keeps showing up and seemingly has an important role in the story will eventually become playable. How far-fetched!

It's weird, every SF has added new characters, yet for SF5 some seem to be averse to new people filling out the roster, even disregarding them already being part of the story.
Heck with SFA we got 13 new characters, and that grew to 20 in SFA3.

SF4 was more on the conservative side because they wanted to avoid another SF3 scenario, but we still wound up with 9 new characters there (11 if you count poison/decapre).

SF5 has a healthy balance between SF2 (8), SFA (4) and SF5 (4), with the dlc adding 3 from SF3, 2 from SF2 and 1 from SF4.
Really wouldn't be surprised if the next batch has a few of the new people shown in story mode and even more so if one of those was Ed.

jett

D-Member
Just realized modders gonna be playing the shit out of Urien and Juri lel. I wonder if Capcom can do anything to stop that. Probably not.

I wonder how long until we get the Rival Schools girls modded into other characters too.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Well Ed does seem to have a mystery behind him unlike the other characters. From the first time he appeared in SF4 when Balrog found him.

However I'm personally not a fan of his design. If prefer some new characters and I'm not talking about Ed or Azam. I just want fresh new characters as Necalli, Laura and Rashid were great.

I'm open to him being a new character providing he gets redesigned into something compelling. As he is i just dont get it.

Xeteh

It's weird, every SF has added new characters, yet for SF5 some seem to be averse to new people filling out the roster, even disregarding them already being part of the story.

SF4 was more on the conservative side because they wanted to avoid another SF3 scenario, but we still wound up with 9 new characters there (11 if you count poison/decapre).

SF5 has a healthy balance between SF2 (8), SFA (4) and SF5 (4), with the dlc adding 3 from SF3, 2 from SF2 and 1 from SF4.
Really wouldn't be surprised if the next batch has a few of the new people shown in story mode and even more so if one of those was Ed.

Its not even that I want Ed to be the first new character added through DLC, I don't really care one way or the other but he just seems like a logical choice. I just like the idea of new characters in general.

This goes out to all the Karin mains who were disappointed with her alt outfits.
I don't understand how a beach alt for her doesn't even feel pervy. Karin is truly da bess.
Beach_stage.jpg

I'm fucking dying at how good this stage looks, holy shit Capcom.
Some people kept denying it, but how much more proof do they need to accept that Karin is the best girl? She brings the Ohoho, non-pandering design, Kanuki stage, a beach stage and now she even gives us Rival Schools cameos. No wonder she is the most played female character online.

Karin>*
"Hey Boss, how do we make Urien cooler?"

"Hmmmm...., fuck it, just make him stand on top of an anti-air rocket."

dClxVpV.jpg
Urien's diaper has been sealed.

RIP
Wait, Karin's new costume means that everyone will eventually get summer costumes? Hello Mika!
Alex needs at least one costume that isn't terrible.

Capcom's SF4 newcomers went over like a lead balloon, so they were probably wary of pushing more new characters. Juri was the only one that is remembered fondly with bland Abel being neutral. Even 3S had several newcomers that are remembered fondly to this day like Makoto, Ubuki, Alex, the twins, Dudley, Q, Urien, Hugo and Sean (for whatever reason). As it stands SFV newcomers had precisely four more slots than SF3 characters did at launch. That alone sucks ass.

Mizerman

Yeah, I have a feeling that Ed might be playable somewhere down the road. They could've easily written him out if they wanted. But I guess they have some plans for him.

I don't understand how a beach alt for her doesn't even feel pervy. Karin is truly da bess.

Considering that her outfits are freaking conservative for the most part, I'm not surprised.

Capcom's SF4 newcomers went over like a lead balloon, so they were probably wary of pushing more new characters. Juri was the only one that is remembered fondly with bland Abel being neutral. Even 3S had several newcomers that are remembered fondly to this day like Makoto, Ubuki, Alex, the twins, Dudley, Q, Urien, Hugo and Sean (for whatever reason). As it stands SFV newcomers had precisely four more slots than SF3 characters did at launch. That alone sucks ass.

I feel SF5's roster is completely fine, you have your safe SF2 characters, your long absent SFA characters that deserve another go, and fresh blood. The "favourites" from sf3 coming in later is perfectly ok considering they showed up 2 games in a row now.

Though personally I'd like to see more original characters/decapre/SFA than SF3.

Whales

Banned
my stick came a day early

Just by messing around like 1 hour in training, I already know this is going to take a whiiiile to learn

anyone for a lobby against me? im probably like a rookie/bronze player with the stick lol

my stick came a day early

Just by messing around like 1 hour in training, I already know this is going to take a whiiiile to learn

anyone for a lobby against me? im probably like a rookie/bronze player with the stick lol

Welcome to the club. What made you decide to switch to stick?

Ame

Haven't been around these parts in a while, but wtf is going on with this game online. Been playing SFV more frequently again these last couple of weeks. Every match is in shambles mode. So many lag spikes! Playable matches are rare. Please tell me this isn't just me.

Whales

Banned
Welcome to the club. What made you decide to switch to stick?

I've wanted a stick for like 2 years, they just look and feel so awesome

I was also getting tired of my inputs being real bad with my DS4 because I use the analog ( I really can't use the dpad at all, Im horrible with it). a stick feels like a much better version of the DS4 analog pretty much

Also just the quality of the stick is amazing and I had the money to spare, so why not? I know it's gonna take me a while to learn, but i'm ready for it

I already feel like, with 1h of usage, my inputs in training mode are already way more precise than when I was playing with a DS4.

I've wanted a stick for like 2 years, they just look and feel so awesome

I was also getting tired of my inputs being real bad with my DS4 because I use the analog ( I really can't use the dpad at all, Im horrible with it). a stick feels like a much better version of the DS4 analog pretty much

Also just the quality of the stick is amazing and I had the money to spare, so why not? I know it's gonna take me a while to learn, but i'm ready for it

I already feel like, with 1h of usage, my inputs in training mode are already way more precise than when I was playing with a DS4.

Switching to stick from 360 controller was mind blowing. Welcome to the cool club.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I never know if it's a good or bad sign if people want to play me over and over in Battle Lounge...

Edgeward

Haven't been around these parts in a while, but wtf is going on with this game online. Been playing SFV more frequently again these last couple of weeks. Every match is in shambles mode. So many lag spikes! Playable matches are rare. Please tell me this isn't just me.

Didn't play over the weekend but since the last maintenance it's been fine for me

Whales

Banned

Didn't play over the weekend but since the last maintenance it's been fine for me

look at this great netcode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gSEtlQuZs

look at it

this guy was a 5bar too

its def mind blowing even if I have to relearn like everything lol! I seriously feel like a guy who just started playing SF now. Oh well

You'll get the hang of it in a couple days probably. Especially in a game like SFV where inputs are more lenient that if you tried to go to revelator and pull off zato corner pressure.

Ame

Every time I play I end up thinking the problem is on my side. I checked my internet connection and everything is fine. I have no problem playing anything else. It's just been really bad for me lately.

I just read that the story update is gonna include some network fixes. Hopefully it gets better post patch or I'm gonna lose it.

look at this great netcode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gSEtlQuZs

look at it

this guy was a 5bar too

I've been getting this a lot. Shitty connections masquerading as 5 bars or 5 bar connections dropping to 2-3 bar in between matches.

Ryce

I’m sure it’s been brought up, but that definitely isn’t the nighttime Shadaloo Base stage. Shadaloo Base has a starry sky, a completely different jet design, and a lack of cranes and light poles. I wonder if that’s a new stage we’ll be getting with Urien or just something made up for his art. It looks like some kind of secret Shadaloo testing site, like Area 51 or something.

Can't wait to buy Karin's beach costume and only have colors 1 and 2 available. I can't believe they haven't come up with a compromise for the Survival Mode colors. I'm sure a lot of PS4 users would be willing to pay a couple bucks for the Hard Survival colors. It's easy money for Capcom.

TheOGB

Banned
I’m sure it’s been brought up, but that definitely isn’t the nighttime Shadaloo Base stage. Shadaloo Base has a starry sky, a completely different jet design, and a lack of cranes and light poles. I wonder if that’s a new stage we’ll be getting with Urien or just something made up for his art. It looks like some kind of secret Shadaloo testing site, like Area 51 or something.
Groznyj Grad coming to SFV this fall

That you're the wrongest person who was ever wrong and Juri is the best addition to Street Fighter 4.
ounym.gif

But I almost mained her late in SFIV when I decided to get back into it and she is the only character I am currently looking at to team up with my Nash, so you may be right.

Considering that her outfits are freaking conservative for the most part, I'm not surprised.
The person I'm quoting below hits the nail on the head.
I'm not really a fan of the fan service-y costumes normally but Karin's swimsuit straight up looks like something that she'd wear, its fucking awesome.
It helps that she isn't a titty or ass monster. Now if Capcom just let us mix and match hairstyles she might actually look really good with her premium alt hairdo.
If you think Hakan isn't the greatest Newcomer to come to SF4. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong.
Twenty-five percent of Hakan's fanbase wants him because they legitimately enjoy using him and the other seventy-five percent just wants to see a 3D model of his hot wife. You know this to be true in your heart.
I feel SF5's roster is completely fine, you have your safe SF2 characters, your long absent SFA characters that deserve another go, and fresh blood. The "favourites" from sf3 coming in later is perfectly ok considering they showed up 2 games in a row now.

Though personally I'd like to see more original characters/decapre/SFA than SF3.
I'd rather see Rival School characters take the place of anymore new characters. Modern Capcom mostly misses the mark with their new characters and Rival Schools has a lot of neat designs that could be put to good use.
It's crazy how Chun/Karin, who aren't an issue at all, even in revealing clothes, came out of the same design team that gave us Laura's cringiness. (Mika is so OTT that it crosses into ridiculous territory.)
Chun was definitely fodder for the fetishists and her look is even more unattainable than that of supermodels. I'll admit she isn't as cringe inducing as Laura or as silly as Cammy with the pant phobia. Mika's OTT is truly just right. Karin really stands out compared to the rest of them. Juri will probably look OTT with the villainy/posing, but her design is closer to Karin's than the rest of the females from what we've seen so far.
Can't wait to buy Karin's beach costume and only have colors 1 and 2 available. I can't believe they haven't come up with a compromise for the Survival Mode colors. I'm sure a lot of PS4 users would be willing to pay a couple bucks for the Hard Survival colors. It's easy money for Capcom.
I beat survival mode with all the characters in normal mode, but I couldn't pass level 38 even with Karin or Alex (main and secondary). Hard survival mode can eat a donkey turd.

God, I'm gonna need a ton of Fight Money.

100K- Alex
100K- Balrog
100K- Ibuki
70K- Vegas Stage
70K- Karin's Beach Stage

I think I'm gonna grind survival easy and normal for the next week :(

kirblar

Chun was definitely fodder for the fetishists and her look is even more unattainable than that of supermodels. I'll admit she isn't as cringe inducing as Laura or as silly as Cammy with the pant phobia. Mika's OTT is truly just right. Karin really stands out compared to the rest of them. Juri will probably look OTT with the villainy/posing, but her design is closer to Karin's than the rest of the females from what we've seen so far.
Chun's initial design was definitely "We really really love legs!" w/ the initial SF2 design(the anecdotes are hilarious) but in the process they accidentally created a character w/ an atypical body type. That's actually not something you see w/ female characters often in games-they're normally just a traditionally built athletic female, and I think that part of her design ended up transcending its origins and helped get her that iconic status.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Chun's initial design was definitely "We really really love legs!" w/ the initial SF2 design(the anecdotes are hilarious) but in the process they accidentally created a character w/ an atypical body type. That's actually not something you see w/ female characters often in games-they're normally just a traditionally built athletic female, and I think that part of her design ended up transcending its origins and helped get her that iconic status.

IIRC it was actually bengus' thigh fetish that made this happen

Here's a glimpse at Balrog's story (including what's likely Urien's story alt & confirmation that the white suit w/ gold gloves will be Balrog's story alt).

gQFmbcg.jpg
Damnit. So that means one last chance/costume for him to be in his classic roman-greco setup? After Ibuki, I can't be 100% positive he'll get his og costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom