• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still sucks there is no way to buy the survival colors. Come on Capcom.

O yea, Alex other outfits still suck.
Btw, lost in the 8f discussion, Topanga boys did ask Sugiyama if they could implement something for colors. They and the jpn chat voiced their dislike over the current survival mode method.

mbpm1

Chun's initial design was definitely "We really really love legs!" w/ the initial SF2 design(the anecdotes are hilarious) but in the process they accidentally created a character w/ an atypical body type. That's actually not something you see w/ female characters often in games-they're normally just a traditionally built athletic female, and I think that part of her design ended up transcending its origins and helped get her that iconic status.

thx bengus

Damnit. So that means one last chance/costume for him to be in his classic roman-greco setup? After Ibuki, I can't be 100% positive he'll get his og costume.

He just needs this costume
4929853-1614772290-Apoll.jpg

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Is there a more lopsided match then dhalsim vs zangief? I'm trying to learn zangief and holy crap playing against dhalsim is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I dont watch anime, but I have seen eyepatches on otherwise "cute" anime characters a few times and concluded/assumed that it is meant to make them more attractive somehow.

The fact that Juri's outfit specifically exposes her toes seems conspicuously fetishistic, is all I'm saying

... Where's yo head at fellas? Damn.

Remember Juri uses TKD, and all those kicks require good balance. Being able to freely move all your toes means better balance.

Eyepatch is surely meant to look exotic at most. The whole "what's under there" thing adds a layer of (albeit superficial) mystery. In this case, we know it's her Feng Shui.

Personally I think it looks badass. I don't get why Sagat can get away with a patch for years, but then a female member of the cast appears in one and it's all "lol anime fetish shit".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .. Guess am the only guy who loved his 3S voice. It was really unique , it looked like they had some sort of voice filter on it to sound like that.

Loved his 3S voice. He was so mean! "YOU DIE! AHHAHAHAHA" always made me laugh at how ridiculously forced it sounded (in a good way).

Urien's old VA supposedly moved on to live-action acting, thus making him a unionized voice actor (Capcom typically avoids unionized VAs).

What are you talking about, Urien's actor in 3S (and CFJ since that game was mugen), was Lawrence Bayne, who is also known for voicing Cable in both the 90s Fox X-Men cartoon and in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

He also voiced Gill.

Interesting stuff! Thank you both for the insight! No wonder Cable also sounded great.

Super serious.

They were already planning on letting Ibuki be in so why not Balrog as well.

I realise times are changing, but I believe they should stick with their principles for such a major tournament. For smaller events obviously it should be up to the organisers, but it seems irresponsible to allow such characters so soon after their release.

The fact that certain pros have been able to spend some time with them before they're launched also seems kind of unfair. They can easily pocket some tricky shenanigans in time for EVO and clown their way through pools before switching to their main for the important matches. Seems dodgy to me, but let me know if I'm being over paranoid.

Zackat

Is there a more lopsided match then dhalsim vs zangief? I'm trying to learn zangief and holy crap playing against dhalsim is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced.

That Snake Eyez murder that occured this weekend would probably lend credence to it being the most lopsided. No green hand probably makes it wayyy too rough.

mbpm1

The open toes could be fetishistic. For some reason there's a juri foot focus going on from SF4 and this is the studio that gave us Laura.

Personally I don't mind either way.

Coda

I mean Street Fighter always makes characters have big feet no matter what. Exposed or not, it's so you can see the movement of your opponent clearer.

Skilletor

... Where's yo head at fellas? Damn.

Remember Juri uses TKD, and all those kicks require good balance. Being able to freely move all your toes means better balance.

Eyepatch is surely meant to look exotic at most. The whole "what's under there" thing adds a layer of (albeit superficial) mystery. In this case, we know it's her Feng Shui.

Personally I think it looks badass. I don't get why Sagat can get away with a patch for years, but then a female member of the cast appears in one and it's all "lol anime fetish shit".

Sagat has an eyepatch because he lost an eye.

Juri has an eyepatch because this isn't even my final form.

So 1 out of every 2 DLC chars has come with their own stage. Will Urien or Juri get their own stage too?

Ibuki came with a stage alternate and "technically" Alex has the City in Chaos stage since he was an NPC. A bit of a stretch but there it is.

Balrog comes with his own stage, so it's only fair to assume that Juri and Urien might get either their own stage or a stage variation.

Skilletor

So we'll go with "hideous infection".

Either way, if it floats one's boat then great. More fun for them!

I mean...I don't care either way, but eye patch concealing true power is absolutely an anime trope.

But yeah, if you enjoy it, it's whatever. But also, don't deny that it is what it is. Own that shit. :p

I realise times are changing, but I believe they should stick with their principles for such a major tournament. For smaller events obviously it should be up to the organisers, but it seems irresponsible to allow such characters so soon after their release.

The fact that certain pros have been able to spend some time with them before they're launched also seems kind of unfair. They can easily pocket some tricky shenanigans in time for EVO and clown their way through pools before switching to their main for the important matches. Seems dodgy to me, but let me know if I'm being over paranoid.

Capcom let the Evo organizers decide on letting Ibuki be played. They then let the people vote on it.

I don't think anyone has gotten any substantial time with her or Balrog, especially any lab time. And I've been told by a friend who is big into the FGC and has participated in several major tournaments over the years that people clown their way all the time out of pools. They do anything (gimmicks, cheap/abusive tech) to get out of pools until they hit the point where that stuff doesn't work anymore.

I honestly think there wont be an Ibuki in top 32 (Maybe Balrog ala PR Rog), but there is always a chance for possible upsets; it is Evo after all.

Zackat

Capcom let the Evo organizers decide on letting Ibuki be played. They then let the people vote on it.

I don't think anyone has gotten any substantial time with her or Balrog, especially any lab time. And I've been told by a friend who is big into the FGC and has participated in several major tournaments over the years that people clown their way all the time out of pools. They do anything (gimmicks, cheap/abusive tech) to get out of pools until they hit the point where that stuff doesn't work anymore.

I honestly think there wont be an Ibuki in top 32 (Maybe Balrog ala PR Rog), but there is always a chance for possible upsets; it is Evo after all.

wonder why they didn't just send out a thing to all registered players. I am sure they all signed up with their emails (I have no idea how that works). That's who should be voting, not stream monsters.

JayEH

Sagat has an eyepatch because he lost an eye.

Juri has an eyepatch because this isn't even my final form.

well juri lost her eye too that's why she had FSE. I'm wondering if she will have it in this game though...would be weird to take away an obvious v trigger.

Skilletor

well juri lost her eye too that's why she had FSE. I'm wondering if she will have it in this game though...would be weird to take away an obvious v trigger.

Yes, and Kakashi lost an eye, had a sharingan implanted, and always keeps it covered until SHIT GETS SERIOUS!

...why are we defending an anime trope? lol.

It is what it is.

Already got the stage and it's been set as my stage ever since it came out :p
Guile isn't really my style, and so I won't spend more FM on him than I have to. If Daily Challenges give me a lot of money, then I might buy him.

You need to buy Guile. For no other reason other than to pick him as the dummy when you want to practice something non-character specific in training mode as Nash.

EDIT: Top of the page, so Imma do a callout.

Garrett Hawke, we need to update the OP once the update comes out. Remove all mentions of Zenny, include some screenshots of the 4 DLC characters that have been added and include this picture of the DLC pricings.

I'd help but I have no idea how to do any of that.

Zackat

I am so rusty. I haven't played ranked much at all in like a month and a half or so and I have been going hard today. There are a lot more serious players in casual now. Connections have all been good though.

You need to buy Guile. For no other reason other than to pick him as the dummy when you want to practice something non-character specific in training mode as Nash.

EDIT: Top of the page, so Imma do a callout.

Garrett Hawke, we need to update the OP once the update comes out. Remove all mentions of Zenny, include some screenshots of the 4 DLC characters that have been added and include this picture of the DLC pricings.

I'd help but I have no idea how to do any of that.

B-b-b-but what about Balrog, my (hopefully) future main?

I'm personally hoping for Evil Ryu someday, but it's gonna be a while before he's added :(

B-b-b-but what about Balrog, my (hopefully) future main?

I'm personally hoping for Evil Ryu someday, but it's gonna be a while before he's added :(
You can always just buy the Season pass *nudge nudge, wink wink*

It's cool that you're potentially maining Balrog, I'm curious to see how he plays in this win. And yeah, it'll be a WHILE before E.Ryu makes it in as a full-fledged character.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208548453]
n59w17.gif
[/QUOTE]

Nice one lol.

FANG actually wrecks this matchup. Go a full-screen away and wait for him to either throw out a limb or teleport.

If he throws out a limb, V-skill. If he throws out a teleport, jab and then follow up with big damage.

Either way, he's on the backfoot all the time since he's either not getting any real hits in, or he's getting poisoned.

You can always just buy the Season pass *nudge nudge, wink wink*

It's cool that you're potentially maining Balrog, I'm curious to see how he plays in this win. And yeah, it'll be a WHILE before E.Ryu makes it in as a full-fledged character.

Potentially because while I like the character itself, his playstyle might not fit me as much, as charge characters usually don't. It's all trial and error tho :p Hopefully he keeps his good footsie normals from USFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom