• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially because while I like the character itself, his playstyle might not fit me as much, as charge characters usually don't. It's all trial and error tho :p Hopefully he keeps his good footsie normals from USFIV.

Combo specifically said they are toning down his normals, especially his jab, from their SF4 iterations because it was too easy to get big damage from boxer of them. Still said he is a high damage character which leads me to believe his frame data will be not as good for his normals or else he would be too out of whack with the rest of the cast given his tools.

I'm really excited about Urien and I can't wait to try him even though it looks like everybody else plans on doing the same thing lol. I've only been playing Ryu since the game came out but Urien is a character I really want to try and be good at. I've been a fan of the character since I first saw Tokido blow up Justin with unblockables in 3S over a decade ago. Seth's similarities to him was actually one of the reasons why I learned Seth in SF4. I hope he isn't a charge character, that would actually really discourage me. But I would still give it a try and see how it goes.

Speaking of Tokido. I wonder if he would really drop Ryu for Urien. That was his first 3S character and he did mention in a interview that he was most excited about Urien. But he's been so successful with Ryu. It would be strange to drop a character he's been so good with towards the end of the CPT. I doubt he will but I'd like to see him pick up Urien as a secondary and use him sometimes.

Edgeward

I doubt he will just drop Ryu out of character preference. He wants to win first and foremost and considering the recent DLC output, capcom is cautious about putting out a powerful character so I suspect Urien will be only okay and they will address the shortcomings of Alex, Guile, etc. in the next balance update,

lupinko

Sagat has an eyepatch because he lost an eye.

Juri has an eyepatch because this isn't even my final form.

Sagat also has the tiger shot
gun

ze5rQrs.jpg

Wallach

I've also been looking forward to Urien ever since he was confirmed in the first wave, but at the same time pretty much every character I expected to play in SFV turned out to be iffy or outright wrong. I don't really like playing FANG at all, my old main Bison looks amazing but I have never felt that comfortable, and Guile still feels really awkward for me. Instead I wind up playing a bunch of Alex, someone I didn't particularly care much about either way.

So right now I expect I'll probably like Balrog the most out of this first wave or something even though favoring charge characters I've never really picked him up in any SF game.

Kashiwaba

This game is pissing me so much i played over 10 quitters in less than 2 hours and they are not even high rank players mostly silvers with few golds Capcom needs to fix this issue i don't know why they can't do what Fifa is doing with rage quitters if they disconnect with lower health just consider them losers other wise it's a draw.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I mean...I don't care either way, but eye patch concealing true power is absolutely an anime trope.

But yeah, if you enjoy it, it's whatever. But also, don't deny that it is what it is. Own that shit. :p

I won't deny I like anime, but if there's one thing I fully intend to own, it's Urien and his bananahammock.

Capcom let the Evo organizers decide on letting Ibuki be played. They then let the people vote on it.

I don't think anyone has gotten any substantial time with her or Balrog, especially any lab time. And I've been told by a friend who is big into the FGC and has participated in several major tournaments over the years that people clown their way all the time out of pools. They do anything (gimmicks, cheap/abusive tech) to get out of pools until they hit the point where that stuff doesn't work anymore.

I honestly think there wont be an Ibuki in top 32 (Maybe Balrog ala PR Rog), but there is always a chance for possible upsets; it is Evo after all.

Thanks for the reply. Had no idea there was a vote. That's a pretty big landslide so I guess the people have spoken. What your friend says about pools in general makes sense. One little ninja probably ain't gonna cause any massive upsets, and if she does...well, that could be pretty hype, haha.

I'm really excited about Urien and I can't wait to try him even though it looks like everybody else plans on doing the same thing lol. I've only been playing Ryu since the game came out but Urien is a character I really want to try and be good at. I've been a fan of the character since I first saw Tokido blow up Justin with unblockables in 3S over a decade ago. Seth's similarities to him was actually one of the reasons why I learned Seth in SF4. I hope he isn't a charge character, that would actually really discourage me. But I would still give it a try and see how it goes.

Speaking of Tokido. I wonder if he would really drop Ryu for Urien. That was his first 3S character and he did mention in a interview that he was most excited about Urien. But he's been so successful with Ryu. It would be strange to drop a character he's been so good with towards the end of the CPT. I doubt he will but I'd like to see him pick up Urien as a secondary and use him sometimes.

I mean, Infiltration has 4 characters already and the game is only a few months old.

So now that swimsuit Karin is a thing, it's time for Capcom to make good on their promise to provide more sexy "Hot Ryu" style alts for the male characters. The fact that every NPC in the background of the beach stage is female isn't giving me much hope though.

Also, still waiting for Urien thong confirmation.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So now that swimsuit Karin is a thing, it's time for Capcom to make good on their promise to provide more sexy "Hot Ryu" style alts for the male characters. The fact that every NPC in the background of the beach stage is female isn't giving me much hope though.

Also, still waiting for Urien thong confirmation.
To be Available in the august summer beach pack.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
To be Available in the august summer beach pack.

If that's what it takes, then sobeit.

As a straight fella, I can definitely appreciate the designs of some of the female cast even without them needing to show a lot of skin.

But there's something about Urien - a huge Greco-Roman wrestler in speedos - beating up on fools that's so incredibly appealing. There's no one else out there quite like him. Maybe it's the knowledge that he's initially wearing the suit? I dunno. Psycho-analyse me if you want, but bottom line: the more naked he is, the better.

If that's what it takes, then sobeit.

As a straight fella, I can definitely appreciate the designs of some of the female cast even without them needing to show a lot of skin.

But there's something about Urien - a huge Greco-Roman wrestler in speedos - beating up on fools that's so incredibly appealing. There's no one else out there quite like him. Maybe it's the knowledge that he's initially wearing the suit? I dunno. Psycho-analyse me if you want, but bottom line: the more naked he is, the better.

Sexualization is never a bad thing if it's done equally IMO.

If you gave that female character a skimpy bikini, give that male character a skimpy thong.

And while I don't necessarily agree that naked-er Urien is a better-Urien, his thong look is a classic look for him.

Westlo

If Urien aint top tier he aint dropping Ryu....

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
『Inaba Resident』;208562008 said:
I just want the matchmaking fixes to actually work this time

Also, what are the odds that Karin's new hair in her summer costume get added to her default costume?

karincompare.png
Kind of weird how it's the same haircut, but it looks different anyway.

Maybe we're getting revised character models?

Mr. X

Nobody dropping anybody for their old main if they're not better than their current main.

As someone who mocks Capcom for Laura's overly sexualized designs, genuinely curious what Laura's beach outfit will be. She already has 2 outfits that don't leave much to the imagination already. Maybe a Borat swimsuit or a C-kini with nipple tassles.

jett

D-Member
『Inaba Resident』;208562008 said:
I just want the matchmaking fixes to actually work this time

Also, what are the odds that Karin's new hair in her summer costume get added to her default costume?

karincompare.png

Kind of weird how it's the same haircut, but it looks different anyway

Dem outsourced modelers putting in (more) work.

You know, it's really kinda silly that this game wasn't built with accessorizing/customization DLC in mind. Imagine giving your characters different hairstyles, no matter what skin yo use. Capcom is leaving money on the table here!

Dem outsourced modelers putting in (more) work.

You know, it's really kinda silly that this game wasn't built with accessorizing/customization DLC in mind. Imagine giving your characters different hairstyles, no matter what skin yo use. Capcom is leaving money on the table here!

You think you want this but you don't

jett

D-Member
『Inaba Resident』;208568802 said:
You think you want this but you don't

I wouldn't pay a cent for this shit probably, but it'd be funny to see. :p Or even a smalll thing like shades. Why can't you choose for Guile to wear his shades on his alternate skin?

Sounds very similar to his SF2 theme, which automatically makes it top 3 Street Fighter themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoDLFKoqyk

I like the original arcade version better. But yeah this is a great arrangement.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Even stupid Tekken-level customization would be fine if each player had the option to disable their opponent's outfit on his own end.

Village

Even stupid Tekken-level customization would be fine if each player had the option to disable their opponent's outfit on his own end.

I don't really think this is even necessary

Like unless it makes the character look like they have a weird hitbox by giving them wings or something. Just me personally I never got the request to turn them off, you go " I don't like that outfit" just kind of move on

i hate this silly costume crap. if you add this shit let me toggle it off.

If I remember correctly, SSFIV had an interesting solution to that in the form of optional cosmetic content updates. Basically if you didn't buy the costume, you'd never see your online opponent wear, but on their end they still see the DLC.

VF5FS was the same. If you didn't buy the DLC, costume customization did not appear on your end even if your opponent had them.

If I remember correctly, SSFIV had an interesting solution to that in the form of optional cosmetic content updates. Basically if you didn't buy the costume, you'd never see your online opponent wear, but on their end they still see the DLC.

VF5FS was the same. If you didn't buy the DLC, costume customization did not appear on your end even if your opponent had them.
Oh God. If that means I might never see beach Karin online then I'll have to buy it.

DR2K

Banned

That's because you're also downloading the content when you buy it. The content in SFV is added in patches. That's why we got to see previews of the premium costumes in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom