• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Damn the Bison army is out to get me today lol

20160628113006_1rgui5.jpg

Three 9k+ LP players back to back.

Skilletor

Could've sworn Juri's background was that she lost that eye and the new feng shui was a replacement so...

Yes, and Kakashi lost an eye, had a sharingan implanted, and always keeps it covered until SHIT GETS SERIOUS!

...why are we defending an anime trope? lol.

It is what it is.

Like...why are people acting like this is not an anime trope? Like this doesn't happen a lot. Like if I don't type "anime eyepatch" in google, one of the autofill results will be "girl" and it will bring me a list of top anime girls that wear an eyepatch. She didn't even wear an eyepatch in SF4. She had the buff in that game.

SF is anime.

It's okay. Maybe it tricked you into liking anime, but if that's the case, you should take a look inward and evaluate yourself.

You liked anime all along.

Zackat

Like...why are people acting like this is not an anime trope? Like this doesn't happen a lot. Like if I don't type "anime eyepatch" in google, one of the autofill results will be "girl" and it will bring me a list of top anime girls that wear an eyepatch.
Why is this a big deal that she is wearing an eye patch? I've seen this a few times.

If I remember correctly, SSFIV had an interesting solution to that in the form of optional cosmetic content updates. Basically if you didn't buy the costume, you'd never see your online opponent wear, but on their end they still see the DLC.

VF5FS was the same. If you didn't buy the DLC, costume customization did not appear on your end even if your opponent had them.

Yeah, SSFIV had that and it was totally stupid design decision to go that route. Why would you not still want to at least see the other costume? From a bizness standpoint, it's free advertising to those that don't know about/own it already adn from a player perspective, the alternative is just placing said character in their bland 1P color original costume, so yeah...let's never do that again.

Skilletor

Yeah, SSFIV had that and it was totally stupid design decision to go that route. Why would you not still want to at least see the other costume? From a bizness standpoint, it's free advertising to those that don't know about/own it already adn from a player perspective, the alternative is just placing said character in their bland 1P color original costume, so yeah...let's never do that again.

Because Blanka carnival outfit. :(

Like...why are people acting like this is not an anime trope? Like this doesn't happen a lot. Like if I don't type "anime eyepatch" in google, one of the autofill results will be "girl" and it will bring me a list of top anime girls that wear an eyepatch. She didn't even wear an eyepatch in SF4. She had the buff in that game.

SF is anime.

It's okay. Maybe it tricked you into liking anime, but if that's the case, you should take a look inward and evaluate yourself.

You liked anime all along.

I've dabbled in anime. No shame in it.

All in all, who gives a flying fuck. They wanna give her an eyepatch, then so be it. YOu don't like it, then you can don two eyepatches so you won't see shit.

mbpm1

As someone who mocks Capcom for Laura's overly sexualized designs, genuinely curious what Laura's beach outfit will be. She already has 2 outfits that don't leave much to the imagination already. Maybe a Borat swimsuit or a C-kini with nipple tassles.

She will be nude, but there will always be convenient items placed in the foreground to cover her up

Xeteh

I didn't realize the differences with Karin's face on her summer costume. Its really well done.

She will be nude, but there will always be convenient items placed in the foreground to cover her up

Her costume is basically the intro to The Simpsons movie, things flying across the screen constantly to cover her up.

I didn't realize the differences with Karin's face on her summer costume. Its really well done.

Her costume is basically the intro to The Simpsons movie, things flying across the screen constantly to cover her up.

Until it just shows her exposed vagina for 3 long seconds.

Skilletor

I mean...I don't care either way, but eye patch concealing true power is absolutely an anime trope.

But yeah, if you enjoy it, it's whatever. But also, don't deny that it is what it is. Own that shit. :p

I've dabbled in anime. No shame in it.

All in all, who gives a flying fuck. They wanna give her an eyepatch, then so be it. YOu don't like it, then you can don two eyepatches so you won't see shit.

???

It's like you only read one post, took it out of context, and jumped on me for it. lol.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/06/28/get-a-bigger-scoop-of-balrogs-fighting-style-in-street-fighter-v/

Rog's Vtrig sounds awesome.

If I remember correctly, SSFIV had an interesting solution to that in the form of optional cosmetic content updates. Basically if you didn't buy the costume, you'd never see your online opponent wear, but on their end they still see the DLC.

VF5FS was the same. If you didn't buy the DLC, costume customization did not appear on your end even if your opponent had them.

There was actually a piece of dlc you could download for free which allowed you to view other's bought costumes.

Village

Balrogs story alt is to good

" Hey you know the suit alt and Blinged out alt everyone liked. Lets just put them together"

However his premium bought costume is... eh. It seems balrog wont have the perfect costume streek he had in 4,but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I think Ed might be causing Balrog to transition into a good guy. I'm speculating that he wants to protect Ed because he doesn't want Bison to take Ed's body.

Skilletor

Balrogs story alt is to good

" Hey you know the suit alt and Blinged out alt everyone liked. Lets just put them together"

However his premium bought costume is... eh. It seems balrog wont have the perfect costume streek he had in 4,but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

What's his premium alt? I don't know if I've seen it.

Shadoken

So 1 out of every 2 DLC chars has come with their own stage. Will Urien or Juri get their own stage too?

Am willing to bet the Tomb part of Forgotten waterfall is going to be his stage. They already have things inside that modeled as shown in Cinematic story mode.

Pompadour

Am willing to bet the Tomb part of Forgotten waterfall is going to be his stage. They already have things inside that modeled as shown in Cinematic story mode.

Since Juri and Urien have backgrounds not yet in the game (as far as I can tell) I imagine we will be getting new stages for both. They may even show up in the Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom