• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Cammy is one of he best characters in the game hands down, lol. I remember people complaining about her in super sfiv and she was top 2 there. Watch kazunoko and k-brad and understand how and why they are getting hits.

By bonchan not anti-airing. Duh.

Shouta

Cammy is fine as she is right now. She has all she really needs to be successful, so it's really up to the player.

Xeteh

I've been doing Karin's trials to practice my execution. I went from taking 3 hours to finish trial 6 to being able to do it within a couple tries.

they could fix her face though. The duckface look isn't doing it for me.

You take that back.

her face is better than SFIV tbh

although I still cannot get over how ugly that game was considering SFV is the best looking fighting game currently available imo. such a difference.

Do you even Guilty Gear Xrd, bro?

Shito

I love Xrd characters, but those Revelator stages are... quite ugly, imho.
I don't dig their color tone at all, they're all too flashy and busy.

K-brads footsies and anti air still aren't top level yet but his ability to open the opponent up and get the hit is exceptional. The pax round Robin Friday is a good example of that.

Kaz has done great with Cammy, though I do think she struggles against Ryu.. Still, you can't deny the consistent success he has had with her.

how do you figure?

rec0ded1

My only complaint with Cammy is that everyone pretty much knows what's coming. You have to have your mixups and punishes on point pretty much all the time since there's little variation. The speed helps but still.

Xrd graphics are beautiful anime or not. SFIV was horrible SFV is better but damn on some background and characters yeeesh. SFVII or VIII should be pretty though.

mbpm1

My only complaint with Cammy is that everyone pretty much knows what's coming. You have to have your mixups and punishes on point pretty much all the time since there's little variation. The speed helps but still.

But everyone knows what Ryu is going to do as well.

i just don't get the anime cartoon things. like why would you watch japanese cartoons if you are an adult? it doesn't make any sense.

You might as well say the same about playing video games. I practically stopped watching anime half a decade ago and I still know better than to think such silliness.

The stone age is <- - - - way pal.

Skilletor

SFV has absolutely nothing on Xrd in terms of visuals.

SF5's animation makes it fun to watch. The character models at high fidelity look amazing, too. Really the only negative is many of the backgrounds.

I mean, I prefer Xrd overall, but I definitely wouldn't say it has "nothing" on Xrd.

But, I only prefer Xrd because of how closely it resembles sprites, which is a bias of mine. UNS games are some of my favorite looking games of the past two generations, and that's what I'm reminded of in Guilty Gear.

FluxWaveZ

SF5's animation makes it fun to watch. The character models at high fidelity look amazing, too. Really the only negative is many of the backgrounds.

I mean, I prefer Xrd overall, but I definitely wouldn't say it has "nothing" on Xrd.

But, I only prefer Xrd because of how closely it resembles sprites, which is a bias of mine. UNS games are some of my favorite looking games of the past two generations, and that's what I'm reminded of in Guilty Gear.

I dunno, Xrd is just on another plane of existence for me. Like, there's nothing about its visuals I could complain about, including the intentionally stuttery animations.

SFV looks nice, though. I especially realize that when I look at how ugly Killer Instinct is. It has some issues like clipping, shadows, those horrid background characters and such, but it's nice looking overall. I don't really like how characters overlap each other; I wish their feet were actually on the ground like Rising Thunder.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
cartoons are for children. i won't back down on this.
Cg5ZE-zWMAE_zVz.jpg

What you say boy?

Just got matched with a Platinum Nash in ranked.... I'm Silver.

Still, I took the rematch after getting trashed... imagine how many points I'd got if I'd fluked a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom