• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208643970]I was talking to people in the discord chat this morning about setups to make reversal DPs whiff using Nash, so I thought I'd show an example here:

The idea is slight pause after HK slash, then do a jaguar kick. The strength you can use is different depending on the character, but MK is always meaty if your opponent quick rises and you can combo into bMK xx soul steal. Against Ryu you can use the light jaguar kick to make his DP whiff because his shoryuken doesn't have a lot of horizontal range.

You have to pause after the slash, though. If you do the jaguar kick with reversal timing your opponent's dp will autocorrect and you'll get hit.[/QUOTE]

Hm I never thought of using HK moonsault with delayed timing. Does this beat EX DP as well?

Durden77

Been playing this again today after playing a lot of Overwatch. Feels good man. Still pumping up Guile.

So what's the best sure fire way to punish Katin's Ressenha? Is there one or do you just have to wait and see if she goes for a follow up to decide to punish? I feel like I should know this by now but I still let them abuse it to much.

I thought throw beat it even if she went for the low but I'm not sure if that's the case.

mbpm1

Been playing this again today after playing a lot of Overwatch. Feels good man. Still pumping up Guile.

So what's the best sure fire way to punish Katin's Ressenha? Is there one or do you just have to wait and see if she goes for a follow up to decide to punish? I feel like I should know this by now but I still let them abuse it to much.

I thought throw beat it even if she went for the low but I'm not sure if that's the case.

Rassenha is -4 on block or followup overhead. Low is probably more unsafe.

If you're guile you can get a jab > boom or target combo

If you're a bit pre-emptive you can try back HP crush counter to intercept her in flight > Forward HP

Durden77

Rassenha is -4 on block or followup overhead. Low is probably more unsafe.

If you're guile you can get a jab > boom or target combo

Yeah I know but I'm saying if she goes for the low, will the startup of that beat me jab>boom so do I have to guess if she will use the low? Or should I just pretty much jab>boom every time because it will beat it?

Would test it but my button mashing is too loud for the sleeping lady friend.

Oh you can follow up a b.hp crush counter with a f.hp at the right range? Sweet, I didn't think you could get anything off that.

mbpm1

Yeah I know but I'm saying if she goes for the low, will the startup of that beat me jab>boom so do I have to guess if she will use the low? Or should I just pretty much jab>boom every time because it will beat it?

Would test it but my button mashing is too loud for the sleeping lady friend.

Oh you can follow up a b.hp crush counter with a f.hp at the right range? Sweet, I didn't think you could get anything off that.

I believe you should be able to intercept with a jab on all followups.

I can't say for sure though, been a while.

I only discovered back HP > Fwd Hp when one day I failed to v trigger cancel lol

Durden77

I believe you should be able to intercept with a jab on all followups.

I can't say for sure though, been a while.

I only discovered back HP > Fwd Hp when one day I failed to v trigger cancel lol

Ok I'll test it tomorrow. I still get a little freaked out on how to punish it and never end up doing it. It's so annoying letting them get away with it when I know I can stop it.

And yeah that is super rad about f.hp. I'll be testing that tomorrow too. Thanks, I feel so behind. Got a lot of catching up to do.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208643970]I was talking to people in the discord chat this morning about setups to make reversal DPs whiff using Nash, so I thought I'd show an example here:

VOVYp9.gif

The idea is slight pause after HK slash, then do a jaguar kick. The strength you can use is different depending on the character, but MK is always meaty if your opponent quick rises and you can combo into bMK xx soul steal. Against Ryu you can use the light jaguar kick to make his DP whiff because his shoryuken doesn't have a lot of horizontal range.

You have to pause after the slash, though. If you do the jaguar kick with reversal timing your opponent's dp will autocorrect and you'll get hit.[/QUOTE]

I can't even get the backhand out quick enough to combo after the boom. What's the secret?

New tech for Nash: Incorporating HP Sonic Boom in block pressure.

HP Sonic Boom is -2 on block at point blank range, so it's safe on block. When cancelled into from St.HP, a 3 frame normal can poke during the cancel and trade with the boom, which is a good trade for Nash. Non-3F normals will get beat by the boom, and you'll be able to follow up with B.MK into whatever you want.

If you use the Cr.HP, St.HP xx special block string, and they get crush countered by the fierce, then you'll be able to follow up with F.HP, and if you have V-Trigger, you can cancel that to a 350+ damage, meterless combo.

VOVYp9.gif

What even is the discord chat?

I can't even get the backhand out quick enough to combo after the boom. What's the secret?

It only works when you do the shimmy and walk backwards so the boom doesn't hit on the first active frame. I don't know if it's a standard bnb or not, it's just an idea I came up with today when I noticed the way the opponent spins on a crush counter sFP. Otherwise just do sFP xx ex jaguar kick or something.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208645851]It only works when you do the shimmy and walk backwards so the boom doesn't hit on the first active frame. I don't know if it's a standard bnb or not, it's just an idea I came up with today when I noticed the way the opponent spins on a crush counter sFP. Otherwise just do sFP xx ex jaguar kick or something.[/QUOTE]
Ah, H/sonic boom has a longer startup so by the time it hits, enough time has passed to allow the backhand to connect and combo.

Csr

VOVYp9.gif

Isn't that very punishable if opponent chooses back recovery? Looks good for people who always use neutral though.

Isn't that very punishable if opponent chooses back recovery. Looks good for people who always use neutral though.

Normally I only recommend this tech against characters where you can use the LK jaguar kick because it's safer, but having a level 2 mixup like this is good if you plan on using the meaty MK version.

even a lot of typical meaty normal setups can be punished with back recovery,

Not a thing, I'm just saying there are characters in this game that have everything going for them if not more. Some people are overreacting about Boxer and having all his tools when it's not unprecedented.
This isn't true. I could write a book about the things Nash should have that everyone else does.

Any Examples from this hypothetical book?

3F jab
Faster meter build
Invincible Safe Reversal
Command Grab
Cr.HP should be +5 on Block
Booms have instant recovery

All things that might, just might, make him viable in this climate and protect him from the terror of Gief and FANG. Maybe his dash could be nerfed to 18 frames to accommodate those changes.

3F jab
Faster meter build
Invincible Safe Reversal
Command Grab
Cr.HP should be +5 on Block
Booms have instant recovery

All things that might, just might, make him viable in this climate and protect him from the terror of Gief and FANG. Maybe his dash could be nerfed to 18 frames to accommodate those changes.
3f jab? You serious?
I mean everything else makes sense but what, are you trying to break the character?

Any Examples from this hypothetical book?
-He could use a faster jab than 4 frames.

-His footies get easily shut down by Chun, Ken, Cammy, Karin and Necally.

-He could use more reliable anti-air options.

-I wish he had a DP and wakeup options.

-V-reversal is easily hit and thrown out of, easily the worst in the game.

-V-reversal causes no white damage, again easily the worst in the game.

-He has 950 health and stun which is the second lowest in the game.

-He has one of the slowest walk speeds in the game.

-EX Moonsault can be DP'ed mid-move after the second hit.

-Moonsault/EX moonsault have no invincibility frames and are easily stuffed. I believe Adon's Jaguar Kick did but I could be wrong.

What if he had auto combos and one button finishers like Karin and Laura or unlimited teleport like Dhalsim?

What if his v-trigger paused the game to give a few seconds to counter a jump in or confirm into EX or CA? That would be nice.

What if he had Ryu's power?

Someone posted a chart in here the other day and it spoke for itself. Nash isn't winning at high levels online. The level where people have the best control over their characters and understanding of the game and he had the lowest win percentage at the Platinum level (it only went to Platinum) and he wasn't the greatest in any of the other levels either.

Now I'm not saying that Nash isn't a good character because I think he's great but he definitely isn't OP by any stretch of the imagination, nor does he have more to work with than most other characters.

Don't mistake Infiltration's skill for him coasting on a character. He'll take Dan with two broken buttons into a tournament and have everyone swearing he's top tier by the end of it.

Does "wish" sound better?

-Moonsault/EX moonsault have no invincibility frames and are easily stuffed. I believe Adon's Jaguar Kick did but I could be wrong.

What if he had auto combos and one button finishers like Karin and Laura or unlimited teleport like Dhalsim?

What if his v-trigger paused the game to give a few seconds to counter a jump in or confirm into EX or CA? That would be nice.

Someone posted a chart in here the other day and it spoke for itself. Nash isn't winning at high levels online. The level where people have the best control over their characters and understanding of the game and he had the lowest win percentage at the Platinum level (it only went to Platinum) and he wasn't the greatest in any of the other levels either.

Now I'm not saying that Nash isn't a good character because I think he's great but he definitely isn't OP by any stretch of the imagination, nor does he have more to work with than most other characters.

Don't mistake Infiltration's skill for him coasting on a character. He'll take Dan with two broken buttons into a tournament and have everyone swearing he's top tier by the end of it.

Dawg that entire list is bullshit, but infinite teleports? Do you realize how insanely broken that would be? He would do 50/50s for days, and everything would be safe.

Shadoken

Hold on so is it possible to get Sagat as a bonus character this year?

I mean we got boxer 1 month earlier. Is Juri coming in July? And Urien in August?

Hold on so is it possible to get Sagat as a bonus character this year?

I mean we got boxer 1 month earlier. Is Juri coming in July? And Urien in August?
At this point. Honestly, we have no freaking idea. That timeline that they released is just not applicable anymore Imo.

Vice

Does "wish" sound better?

V-reversals that give movement are very useful. They are a guaranted corner escape, can close a gap if you're being zoned with fireballs, and let you control your position on the screen. Every other v-reversal can be thrown.

Jaguar kicks weren't invincible in 4. But had a better hitbox, and eventually they got nerfed a lot.

He has many useful target combos. More than Laura. If you mean moves with follow-ups those aren't too useful outside of corner carry/frame advantage which Nash can already do.

His walk-speed is aided by his command normals, dashs and V-stuff.

Farseer M

Neo Member
May I ask a simple question?
I use a PS4 fightpad, but I have my old PS3 Madcatz arcade stick closed in the box since the SF5 release: did they patched the timeout issue for legacy controllers?

Neoxon

I use a PS4 fightpad, but I have my old PS3 Madcatz arcade stick closed in the box since the SF5 release: did they patched the timeout issue for legacy controllers?
There is no time-out issue for legacy sticks. Just make sure you have a DualShock 4 connected to the PS4 & you're good.

HiResDes

This isn't true. I could write a book about the things Nash should have that everyone else does.
What the fuck are you talking about Infiltration isn't the only one making it far in majors with Nash. And his strengths more than make up for about 90 percent of your listed shortcomings.

Palom

Just turn off the controller auto-disconnect in system settings so the wireless controller doesn't turn itself off from inactivity.

I don't think words can describe how much I hate Ryu.
Me, too. I would like the game more if he were not in it.

The worst Ryu's to deal with are the one's that have a bit of craziness to them, like Daigo "dash dash tatsu super" crazy.

More Ryu's need to get on board with the gimmicks. It's so good, especially when you know your opponent likes to tech. I always start off matches to see if they tech. When I find out they do, then I start doing dash in tatsu, semi-meaty tatsu on their wake up, and jump in tatsu. My hit rate is like 80%. Eventually some guys I play stop tech'ing and I start landing a lot of throws, it's feels so good.

More Ryu's need to get on board with the gimmicks. It's so good, especially when you know your opponent likes to tech. I always start off matches to see if they tech. When I find out they do, then I start doing dash in tatsu, semi-meaty tatsu on their wake up, and jump in tatsu. My hit rate is like 80%. Eventually some guys I play stop tech'ing and I start landing a lot of throws, it's feels so good.
I just threw up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom