• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

Yeah I know but I'm saying if she goes for the low, will the startup of that beat me jab>boom so do I have to guess if she will use the low? Or should I just pretty much jab>boom every time because it will beat it?

You can stuff anything that comes out next with a 3f or 4f move, though you'll get knocked down if you're late. If you're good at reacting to the counterhit indicator or crouching start of the low, (I think) it'll be a counterhit start, too. If you know the low is coming, you can get a much better punish after blocking it.

So to summarize using Guile as an example:

vs Rassenha (guaranteed no matter the followup):
st.lp > boom

Rassenha > interrupted low:
ch st.lp, cr.mp > boom

Rassenha > blocked low:
st.hp, cr.mp > boom

I'm glad people in this thread aren't balancing this game. Most people's suggestions read like, 'I want my character to have no flaws, fuck everybody else.'

I think everyone here agree that that light AA normal needs to be removed from the game.

Also Laura's J.LK needs to be nerf. Have you seen the hitbox on that? It beats Air to Air and Normal AA that aren't Ryu/Chun-Li/Necalli/Dhalsim/Alex.

I think everyone here agree that that light AA normal needs to be removed from the game.

Also Laura's J.LK needs to be nerf. Have you seen the hitbox on that? It beats Air to Air and Normal AA that aren't Ryu/Chun-Li/Necalli/Dhalsim/Alex.
Ehhh. Some jab AAs are definitely a bit too strong like Ryu or necalli, but I don't think jab AAs should be taken out altogether.

Skilletor

Ehhh. Some jab AAs are definitely a bit too strong like Ryu or necalli, but I don't think jab AAs should be taken out altogether.

^

This. It's not like light AAs are exclusive to SF5.

Spuck-uk

Banned

I don't agree with either of those.

Ryu is stupid. When you have a character with almost all the best options in the game, why does he have 1000 health and huge damage as well?*

*and one of the best dashes, and one of the best walkspeeds etc etc etc

Skilletor

I don't agree with either of those.

Ryu is stupid. When you have a character with almost all the best options in the game, why does he have 1000 health and huge damage as well?*

*and one of the best dashes, and one of the best walkspeeds etc etc etc

With eveybody being designed around fighting Ryu, I feel that making him strong is very important. If you make him weak, everybody suffers as a result.

And he's hard to play at a high level, so...I really have no problems with him at all. Any nerfs to Ryu, like health, will have an impact across the board for the rest of the characters.

those characters already have their crouching Heavy Punch and Dragon Punch as well Ryu having a standing Heavy Kick. And Dhalsim has like 5 AA, Chun Li has the heavy kick that can combo off her V-sim and Alex with his Crouching heavy punch that can combo to his other AA the Air Knee Smash.

These game really doesn't need light AA normal. It removes risk vs reward. There is no risk using Light AA and using it will leave them +.

This. It's not like light AAs are exclusive to SF5.

Look at all the previous hitboxes in the Street Fighter games and then look at SF5's. Then play those games and try to attempt to Jab AA and see they win 100% like in SFV.

BadWolf

those characters already have their crouching Heavy Punch and Dragon Punch as well Ryu having a standing Heavy Kick. And Dhalsim has like 5 AA, Chun Li has the heavy kick that can combo off her V-sim and Alex with his Crouching heavy punch that can combo to his other AA the Air Knee Smash.

Ryu most definitely should not have it.

Skilletor

These game really doesn't need light AA normal. It removes risk vs reward. There is no risk using Light AA and using it will leave them +.

Look at all the previous hitboxes in the Street Fighter games and then look at SF5's. Then play those games and try to attempt to Jab AA and see they win 100% like in SFV.

Eh...I play every SF save 4 all the time. I don't even know why you would compare lk and b+hk with Chun since you would rarely use them in the same situation.

I'm just never going to agree with you on this and many other things you would want changed, so I'll leave it at that.

Does birdie not have a theme for the character profile in the shop? Every other character seems to have one even the Dlc characters but not him.

Gief doesn't have one either.

Spuck-uk

Banned
With eveybody being designed around fighting Ryu, I feel that making him strong is very important. If you make him weak, everybody suffers as a result.

And he's hard to play at a high level, so...I really have no problems with him at all. Any nerfs to Ryu, like health, will have an impact across the board for the rest of the characters.

So, the most popular character should definitely by the most powerful? Don't think you've thought this through.

Skilletor

So, the most popular character should definitely by the most powerful? Don't think you've thought this through.

I didn't say that. I didn't even mention popularity.

Combofiend said that Ryu is ground zero for SF5. Everybody's tools are balanced around beating Ryu. As a result, if you make Ryu weaker, you make everybody else weaker.

A strong Ryu means giving people more tools, not taking tools away when they eventually get around to balance changes.

But yes, I think the character around which most 2D fighting games have evolved should probably be pretty good at everything, personally. That has nothing to do with the what Capcom has said about the game, though.

Bigg_Oggy

Maybe not removed. Just tweaked so the hitboxes aren't absurd (lookin at you Dhalsim).

Jab AAs are insanely idiotic in this game for a lot of characters. Its so easy just to do one as an after thought. There are so many times where I'm doing something on the ground, someone jumps, they (rightfully) try to do a jump in and it should hit me, but then I just tap Jab because its extremely quick and they have to eat a 50/50 as I walk back and forth underneath them.

Jab AAs definitely need to be toned down a bit for some characters. They shouldn't be removed completely but they don't need to work essentially 100% of the time. Makes no sense.

mbpm1

『Inaba Resident』;208670578 said:
Jab AAs are insanely idiotic in this game for a lot of characters. Its so easy just to do one as an after thought. There are so many times where I'm doing something on the ground, someone jumps, they (rightfully) try to do a jump in and it should hit me, but then I just tap Jab because its extremely quick and they have to eat a 50/50 as I walk back and forth underneath them.

Jab AAs definitely need to be toned down a bit for some characters. They shouldn't be removed completely but they don't need to work essentially 100% of the time. Makes no sense.

I wouldn't mind a tweak to jab AAs if they gave heavy/medium AA's better priority

I think I said this earlier but I think Nash is the only character that can AA with every one of his buttons. why b

Ryu can do about as well

mbpm1

Really? When? Where? I missed this

CmHshisUkAE1DSa.jpg:large

on fb

Producer

AA jabs are a bit too strong atm, but i feel that with jump in combos leading to ~300 damage its kinda balances out. And AA jabs lose to characters that can alter their jump arc like Ken, Necalli, Cammy etc.

KAL2006

Banned
My prediction for Wave 2
8 characters as we have a full year now

Wave 2
Sagat - February
C. Viper - March
Kazuya - April (Tekken 7 release same month)
Akuma - May
Cody - July
Retsu - August (30th Anniversary, free SF1 stage remade)
New Character - September
Oro - October

Rebalance Patch called Super - January
8 frame fix
Some characters have added moves eg Ryu Donkey Kick
Selectable V Trigger or Super depending on character
eg Ryu will have selectable V Trigger Evil Ryu but no Super
Chunli will have selectable Kikosho Super but no trigger

Free to Play - March
Free version gives you fight money to choose 1 character. Paying customers get fight money for additional DLC character or whaever they want from tthe store

If you can swing training mode-playable Juri day of, you will be my greatest friend.
If you can play as them in the story mode it shouldn't be TOO hard. Capcom may have intentionally left some files out though like they did with Alex (he was missing a folder, but it was easily enough fixed by just duplicating a similar folder within his files). I guess we'll see :p

Csr

The fight money prices in general seem reasonable but having to pay 20000 for a single color just doesn't feel right. I can't even see how it looks on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom