• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

For 11-15 you have to, actually.

Colors 11 till 15 are purchased with FM. They also have level locks so your character needs to be a specific experience level before you can purchase them.

5,10,15,25,50 respectively.

The Dlc characters don't have these extra colors yet and you can see pictures of what everybody's costumes and colors look like here: https://sfvcolors.imgur.com

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Was hoping they'd added more.

KAL2006

Banned
There's not going to be just 1 new character, and it's mostly going to be characters that are already currently in the story mode so:

Sakura
Viper
Decapre
Oro
Ed
Azam
and then 2/3 more.

Why can't characters be in the story and not be playable. Mortal Kombat has done this. Hell old Street Fighter games done this with random characters appearing in the story such as extra dolls, other members of Team Delta, another Sumo Wrestler in Hondas ending etc.

Also Sagat is getting teased even though he isn't in the story. I think only Ed has a chance out of the new characters from the Story.

Skilletor

Why can't characters be in the story and not be playable. Mortal Kombat has done this. Hell old Street Fighter games done this with random characters appearing in the story such as extra dolls, other members of Team Delta, another Sumo Wrestler in Hondas ending etc.

Also Sagat is getting teased even though he isn't in the story. I think only Ed has a chance out of the new characters from the Story.

I don't think we can say with any certainty who is and is not in the story.

Stop winning. Problem solved.
You know, In casual matches, I always throw the first match. I get some XP, get a read on the opponent and the opponent gets some free XP too.

Then I get serious and win the next two. Works 9/10 times.

But that plan gets ruined when people start RQing in Casual.

Zerojul

You know, In casual matches, I always throw the first match. I get some XP, get a read on the opponent and the opponent gets some free XP too.

Then I get serious and win the next two. Works 9/10 times.

But that plan gets ruined when people start RQing in Casual.

I wish I could run into you online, that would net me a win from time to time :p

3Y6tw.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The OKI tool is actually quite amazing, it does the math for you on stuff like meaties etc.
What it shows automatically is an example for Guile. The interesting part is the ASCII looking block, not the frame data.

But, yeah, it's not exactly user friendly.

Pompadour

Wasn't the original Sagat rumor disproven? What was it again?

I think people expecting Sagat are setting themselves for disappointment. Capcom released a good trailer at a CPT event and suddenly the sky's the limit again.

Skilletor

Haven't heard of anything so far.

Though a lot of players have chosen to just do it offline for the colors just in case Capcom starts cracking down on this stuff.

I forgot all about fight money when I started doing it...

I'm going to do it offline from now on just in case. Need those Ibuki colors on all three alts.

Wasn't the original Sagat rumor disproven? What was it again?

I think people expecting Sagat are setting themselves for disappointment. Capcom released a good trailer at a CPT event and suddenly the sky's the limit again.
The original rumour said that Ibuki and a surprise Sagat will be coupled with the June update and that the Zenny shop would also be included.

2 of these things didn't happen. And honestly, I'd forget Sagat as a possibility if it wasn't for Ono himself teasing this stuff. After Capcom Cup is the absolute earliest in my opinion.

Neoxon

My prediction for Wave 2
8 characters as we have a full year now

Wave 2
Sean - February (The anniversary of Street Fighter III: New Generation)
Crimson Viper - March
Jin - April (Tekken 7 release same month)
Sagat - May
Akuma - July
Sakura - August
Ed or Azam - September
Oro - October

Rebalance Patch called Super - January
8 frame fix
Some characters have added moves eg Ryu Donkey Kick
Selectable V Trigger or Super depending on character
eg Ryu will have selectable V Trigger Evil Ryu but no Super
Chunli will have selectable Kikosho Super but no trigger

Free to Play - March
Free version gives you fight money to choose 1 character. Paying customers get fight money for additional DLC character or whaever they want from tthe store
FTFY, mainly because I want Capcom to make a dedicated Final Fight wave.

One thing that does make me sad about this game is how few Rashids there are :(

It's a genuine rarity to see one online and there are very few notable players that play Rashid. Only ones that come to mind are Lamerboi and Alex Valle and even for Valle, Rashid is a secondary.

-He could use a faster jab than 4 frames.
No doubt, but Nash doesn't have a 3 frame move because he's a slippery character. Characters that are hard to approach get 4 frame lights as a reward for characters that have to fight to get in. It's why Sim and Guile don't have 3 frame moves.

-His footies get easily shut down by Chun, Ken, Cammy, Karin and Necally.
I don't know where you get that from, but Nash's buttons are top class. Sure, he can't play footsies all day because of his walk speed, but he doesn't need to.

-He could use more reliable anti-air options.
Having to pick your anti air for the situation is kind of the drawback he gets for having such a good fireball and so many movement options. Besides, EX scythe is one of the best anti airs in the game and is one of the main reasons his matchup against Ken is good enough that people are using Nash as a counterpick.

-I wish he had a DP and wakeup options.

-He has 950 health and stun which is the second lowest in the game.

-He has one of the slowest walk speeds in the game.

What if he had Ryu's power?
Same justification as his 4f lights.
What if his v-trigger paused the game to give a few seconds to counter a jump in or confirm into EX or CA? That would be nice.
Why? It already gets you out of trouble by itself.

I'm just imagining infinite V-trigger teleports and shivering. You can give Gief that and he'd be terrifying as hell.
Infinite V-trigger Nash mirrors in training mode is the best.
After h.scythe you can throw slow sonic boom and dash once for normal recovery and two times for back recovery on reaction for pressure.
You can also dash twice and do a meatie (or shimmy or whatever) on reaction to the recovery which is a hard ro react to in this instance but doable.
From my experience most good players mix their wake up even if they don't know nash's options very well.
There are many players though who don't mix their wake ups enough and this would be very good against them since there are very few setups against dps so i appreciate you sharing the setup.
Sure thing. I've only been playing Nash for a few days but I like sitting in training mode.
Honestly though, isn't Ryu the best character in the game, hands down?
Yes
Only nerf he (and others) need right now is the AA jab that everyone keeps doing, it should be getting stuffed by jumping hard attacks.

No, it really shouldn't. If anything more characters should have good jab anti airs. You don't deserve to get rewarded for random jump ins. Anti airs are bad enough in this game as it is.

It's Ryu's jLK that's out of whack. Ryu isn't supposed to be able to jump on Sim all day.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208684909]No doubt, but Nash doesn't have a 3 frame move because he's a slippery character. Characters that are hard to approach get 4 frame lights as a reward for characters that have to fight to get in. It's why Sim and Guile don't have 3 frame moves.
[/QUOTE]

I've gotta wonder why a character like Alex is stuck with a 4 framer. Slow normals and no true reversal makes for some frustrating matchups in this game.

No, it really shouldn't. If anything more characters should have good jab anti airs. You don't deserve to get rewarded for random jump ins. Anti airs are bad enough in this game as it is.

It's Ryu's jLK that's out of whack. Ryu isn't supposed to be able to jump on Sim all day.

Eh, I disagree. If we're just talking about Ryu, his st. LP beats almost any jump in cleanly, including crossups, and completely removes the utility of his other AA options. Why cr. HP or DP when a LP lets you react later, works more often, AND gives you a free mixup afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom