• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Cg5ZE-zWMAE_zVz.jpg
Cg6CPVBW0AET-P4.jpg

rec0ded1

But everyone knows what Ryu is going to do as well.

Agreed but he can have multiple personalities. He can turtle, go nuts, do flowchart etc. Cammy can do a tiny bit of turtling but won't last very long (as least in my experiences). At some point you need to apply that crazy pressure.

cHaotix8

how do you figure?

She doesn't have an answer to fireballs without super on reaction. She has to resort to spin knuckle or jumping. Both can be baited and punished on reaction for big damage. Her footsie game is strong but not good enough to deal with Ryu when you factor in fireballs in combination with his strong normals. Her low health combined with Ryu's high damage output and her having to take bigger risks to get damage gives Ryu the advantage imo, though I'd say it's 6:4 his favor at the worst.

Nec is crazy when you think abt it

A dive kick
A command grab
A dp
A projectile (v skill)
A move that counters projectiles
A CC overhead lol
Agree with all except his divekick which is only situationally useful.

Seriously, unless that divekick is angled very awkwardly or your opponent is Bison, anti-airing that shit usually isn't a problem.

I dunno, Xrd is just on another plane of existence for me. Like, there's nothing about its visuals I could complain about, including the intentionally stuttery animations.

SFV looks nice, though. I especially realize that when I look at how ugly Killer Instinct is. It has some issues like clipping, shadows, those horrid background characters and such, but it's nice looking overall. I don't really like how characters overlap each other; I wish their feet were actually on the ground like Rising Thunder.

What's ugly about KI? The photorealism?

V-triggered Mikalli undoes her hair bands and lets the mane flow

Something something "Notice me senpai" joke.
What's ugly about KI? The photorealism?
It can look a bit "flat" sometimes. It makes up for it with the unique character designs and the insane particle effects but some stages in particular make it look like a x360 game that came late in the generation when nothing fancy is going on on-screen.

Agreed but he can have multiple personalities. He can turtle, go nuts, do flowchart etc. Cammy can do a tiny bit of turtling but won't last very long (as least in my experiences). At some point you need to apply that crazy pressure.

cammy is over twice as fast as ryu, has much better normals that have longer range and better hit boxes, and has an near endles loop blockstrong that can only be broken by ryus dragon punch

She doesn't have an answer to fireballs without super on reaction. She has to resort to spin knuckle or jumping. Both can be baited and punished on reaction for big damage. Her footsie game is strong but not good enough to deal with Ryu when you factor in fireballs in combination with his strong normals. Her low health combined with Ryu's high damage output and her having to take bigger risks to get damage gives Ryu the advantage imo, though I'd say it's 6:4 his favor at the worst.

theres very few things in the entirety of the game that give you more time to react than ryus fireballs. she has 2 easy answers to fireballs, one of which is completely unpunishable on block

mbpm1

cammy is over twice as fast as ryu, has much better normals that have longer range and better hit boxes, and has an near endles loop blockstrong that can only be broken by ryus dragon punch

I don't know much about cammy, but something about this doesn't seem right

Mediking

At least Seth was diabolical. Necalli is just a dude who devours people's powers. Either he turns into a good guy in Story Mode or he's gonna get killed... by Ryu.

At least Seth was diabolical. Necalli is just a dude who devours people's powers. Either he turns into a good guy in Story Mode or he's gonna get killed... by Ryu.
Necalli's just a convenient plot device to get rid of the Satsui no Hado.

EDIT: Necalli beats Ryu, Ryu (like a chump) starts succumbing to the Satsui no Hado, Necalli's like AWW FUCK THAT, eats the satsui no Hado.

Ryu realizes that the power inside him was never because of the Satsui no Hado but because of Ken's love the talent within him and proceeds to beat Necalli.

Xeteh

While I don't think KI is prettier than SFV, I do think its a pretty cool looking game. Wish the free version on Win10 let you try more than one character, though.

Mediking

Necalli's just a convenient plot device to get rid of the Satsui no Hado.

EDIT: Necalli beats Ryu, Ryu (like a chump) starts succumbing to the Satsui no Hado, Necalli's like AWW FUCK THAT, eats the satsui no Hado.

Ryu realizes that the power inside him was never because of the Satsui no Hado but because of Ken's love the talent within him and proceeds to beat Necalli.

Ryu should just do what every other awesome Shonen guy does when he realizes he has unchained power... try your best to tame it and unleash it only when necessary.

But this man rather struggle with his power in every game.

Skilletor

Ryu should just do what every other awesome Shonen guy does when he realizes he has unchained power... try your best to tame it and unleash it only when necessary.

But this man rather struggle with his power in every game.

I want Dark hadou install to be vtrig #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom