• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

Wait so when Balrog hits EX charge punches, the screen actually shakes?! I thought that was just a an effect for the trailer.

Fuuuuuucccckkk he has to be my second now. That is was too bad ass. Bye Nash, it's Guile and Balrog now. He was one of my most played in SF4 anyway.

Mizerman

Wait so when Balrog hits EX charge punches, the screen actually shakes?! I thought that was just a an effect for the trailer.

Fuuuuuucccckkk he has to be my second now. That is was too bad ass. Bye Nash, it's Guile and Balrog now. He was one of my most played in SF4 anyway.

Heh. I'm not surprised considering that the dude is supposed to hit like a freight train canon wise.

But this is one of the first times that I'm actually kinda excited for Balrog.

Balrog doesnt have a jab AA, but he does have a fantastic AA normal that he has always had. I think it's cr. Or st. Mp/HP. You just gotta make sure you get your timing down.

In fact, that's sort of the balance with Balrog. You have to know when to jump in on him. Neutral jump really screws up his dash punch offense - I noticed Combofiend kept neutral jump punishing Floe for free whenever he kept trying to bully him with dash punches.

I'm kinda wish they left headbutt in but made it like Guiles flash kick in terms of invincibility. I guess his vskill is supposed to counter it but being able to headbutt into ultra from SF4 was essential to playing boxer competently.

VariantX

Makes sense, he can punch elephants to death

Ryan_MSF

With my shitty PSN speeds i'm glad they've done a preload, but man, knowing it's on my console and i can't play it fucking blows haha.

Wait so Rog's EX Dash Low is neutral on block, and his St.LK is 3 frames, the fastest in the game. That means.....

giphy.gif

Edzi

It's kind of surprising just how many high ranked players have bad internet/wifi, but then again, that might be how they got so high ranked.

SephLuis

When is the update going live on Friday ? I mean, in which timezone midnight ?

I will have Friday free so I am hoping that I can play this during the day.

Wallach

I still have no idea what interval setting in training mode is. Plz?

IIRC it is the interval timing for how quickly the dummy repeats a recorded action. So if you just record like s.HP for the dummy the interval setting determines how many seconds go by before it repeats s.HP.

Durden77

IIRC it is the interval timing for how quickly the dummy repeats a recorded action. So if you just record like s.HP for the dummy the interval setting determines how many seconds go by before it repeats s.HP.

I figured it was something like that, preesh.

God, Survival is such a snorefest.

If you have a non-fireball ranged move or an ambiguous cross-up move, spam it repeatedly.

FANG's poison balls, Birdie's chain, Bison's head stomp followup, Vega's Flying Barcelona.

But yes, it is an complete and utter snorefest and is one of the worst things about this game right now.

If you have a non-fireball ranged move or an ambiguous cross-up move, spam it repeatedly.

FANG's poison balls, Birdie's chain, Bison's head stomp followup, Vega's Flying Barcelona.

But yes, it is an complete and utter snorefest and is one of the worst things about this game right now.

It really, really fucking is. It's just about finding one move that cheeses out the CPU, and using it over and over again. Just to lose in the last round.

Just happened with me with Vega. Hadn't played Survival in months. AWESOME.

The worst thing is playing a character you don't know how to play with. Guile for me -_-.

Tripon

It really, really fucking is. It's just about finding one move that cheeses out the CPU, and using it over and over again. Just to lose in the last round.

Just happened with me with Vega. Hadn't played Survival in months. AWESOME.
Haha, happened with me with Alex today. Round 1-29 was just me spamming V skill into hard hit, then round 30 was Bison AI running auto combos. I forgot that it turns on the last level like that. By the time I realized, it was too late.

As someone who's cleared easy and normal survival with every character and hard with two, I'd like to share some advice.

In order to beat Bison at level 30, you gotta play defensive as all hell.

He'll either dash forward, or cr.hk towards you. If he dashes, press buttons. If he does the cr.hk, punish that shit.

If you try to jump at him, he'll anti air unless it's a cross up so be weary.

Use V-Reversals to get out of pressure if he gets going.
Throw in a knee bazooka here and there and yeah, you got me :p
That's pretty much how Guile is played in this game lol, so it's not surprising.

Edzi

Is online running like shit for anyone else tonight? Every game I've played over the last 30 minutes has been a nightmare, and it's not the usual rollback lag, but straight up choppiness with dropped inputs everywhere.

Zerojul

Is online running like shit for anyone else tonight? Every game I've played over the last 30 minutes has been a nightmare, and it's not the usual rollback lag, but straight up choppiness with dropped inputs everywhere.
It's morning here so I can't say how it is right now but I played a few rounds before going to bed a few hours ago and they were quite smooth.

Edzi

It's morning here so I can't say how it is right now but I played a few rounds before going to bed a few hours ago and they were quite smooth.

Weird, it's never been this bad for me. Maybe something is wrong with my connection, though I doubt it.

HardRojo

I'm glad I got Guile's Normal survival out of the way earlier today. I have yet to finish Hard survival with any character, let alone Extreme/Hell.

Zerojul

I'm glad I got Guile's Normal survival out of the way earlier today. I have yet to finish Hard survival with any character, let alone Extreme/Hell.
I finished easy and normal with everyone but I won't attempt hard or extreme as long as it is how it is now. Too much frustration and the fm is not worth my time. I wish I could buy the colors I'm missing though.

Our Saviour Ono, please guide Shadow_Lord as he passes through the valley of Psycho Power.

May his Sonic booms be clean and his Flash Kicks true.

EDIT: HUZZAH!! Thank you based Ono.

Raitaro

I've been too busy moving house to keep up with this thread to check if anyone else mentioned this, but what if that latest Ono teaser pic is not actually for Sagat but for Heihachi instead? (I mentioned this in the Balrog thread as well but that one seems to have quieted down.)

Sagat tease?

13438948_822656524500683_9157780578432590571_n.jpg

This would make sense for a number of reasons:
- Heichachi is the counterpoint to Akuma in Tekken 7 so far in terms of promotional materials;
- Akuma in Tekken 7 would open the door for Heihachi in SFV;
- Heihachi wears a Tiger emblem of course;
- SFV currently is lacking the traditional old man trope character like Gen or Gouken (unless you count the now bearded Dhalsim), so maybe they saved this slot for Heihachi?
- Ono might be trying to get back into his patented misleading tease game and this one would make sense.

Just a thought.

How's the story mode by the way? I'll have to wait until we get our new place ready to join the fun unfortunately... Edit: oh so it's not playable yet. Guess we'll have to wait together then.

I've been too busy moving house to keep up with this thread, but what if that latest Ono teaser pic is not actually for Sagat but for Heihachi instead? (I mentioned this in the Balrog thread as well but that one seems to have quieted down.)

- Heichachi is the counterpoint to Akuma in Tekken 7 so far in terms of promotional materials;
- SFV currently is lacking the traditional old man trope character like Gen or Gouken, so maybe they saved this slot for Heihachi?
- Ono might be trying to get back into his patented misleading tease game and this one would make sense.

Just a thought.

How's the story mode by the way? I'll have to wait until we get our new place ready to join the fun unfortunately...
If Akuma hadn't shown up in Tekken 7, then I'd say it's stretching it but honestly, this is definitely not outside the realm of possibility. A part of me still hopes for Sagat but Heihachi would be a very welcome addition to this game.

And the story mode is downlodable but not playable. It'll be playable when the update hits on Friday 12 AM PST, which is 24 hours from now. EDIT: It's actually 24 hours, not 37.

Raitaro

If Akuma hadn't shown up in Tekken 7, then I'd say it's stretching it but honestly, this is definitely not outside the realm of possibility. A part of me still hopes for Sagat but Heihachi would be a very welcome addition to this game.

And the story mode is downlodable but not playable. It'll be playable when the update hits on Friday 12 AM PST, which is 37 hours from now.

Yeah, I just caught up with it not being playable after all and had edited my post, but cheers for the confirmation.

Zerojul

I've been too busy moving house to keep up with this thread to check if anyone else mentioned this, but what if that latest Ono teaser pic is not actually for Sagat but for Heihachi instead? (I mentioned this in the Balrog thread as well but that one seems to have quieted down.)

- SFV currently is lacking the traditional old man trope character like Gen or Gouken, so maybe they saved this slot for Heihachi?

Just a thought.

How's the story mode by the way? I'll have to wait until we get our new place ready to join the fun unfortunately... Edit: oh so it's not playable yet. Guess we'll have to wait together then.

The Heihachi theory is interesting, and could make more sense as an "extra", between seasons character than Sagat, but as someone who is not a fan of Tekken I'd rather have my muaythay king, thank you very much :p
Good luck moving houses, it's always exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom