• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Yo so urien 3s outfit is premium outfit that you may get with season pass ?
It's actually a model that exists on top of Urien's base model (the model with clothes).

9Mpleic.jpg

It appears in Story Mode as a precursor to the character 12 imitating Urien.

So you can play story mode offline on ps4 right now it seems, but in doing so, won't you forfeit any ability to earn fight money and levels and thus have to do it over again?

You can play it offline but you won't get any fight money from it.

You can however, play it again when you're online and then get the FM.

Ferrio

Banned
Floe keeps losing at the
Juri section
to keep using them.
He's in love, she looks badass. Way better than SF4 imo.

//ARCANUM

You can play it offline but you won't get any fight money from it.

You can however, play it again when you're online and then get the FM.

Can you skip the cinematics? Basically can I play it now and then play it again online but not have to watch everything? Just quickly go through the matches?

So without getting spoilery- no surprises in the story mode character files

getting spoilery...

Abel, Azam, Ed, lots of cops, military, shadaloo, all the dolls, etc.. pretty much everyone we've seen in trailers. Turns out no Gen (was just seeing it as an abbreviation for "generic")

noticeably missing 3D models- no C. Viper, no Oro, no Eliza- so if there's any suprise cameos... they're either pre rendered or an illustration.

also Mel Masters is fucking adorable!

http://i.imgur.com/DwHYduv.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm not sure but I think they buffed the graphics overall. Or maybe it's the night time lighting and lack of npc's that's making things look better.

Can't login to server. Does anyone know if fight money is attached to story mode?

If you want Fight Money for any mode then that mode needs to be played online. You can play it offline and then replay them online in order to get the FM.

The servers will come online on 12 AM PST, which is 4 hours from now.

30k for beating Story mode on regular difficulty and 50k for beating the extra hard difficulty which is unlocked after beating regular.

mattp

so, what are the matches in story mode like?
same as character stories? (stupid easy, pre-filled meters, one round)

Dinjoralo

I'm kinda hoping they do the thing Xrd did, and have some of the characters from story mode come in as DLC. They've got the models, though whether they'll work for gameplay is up for debate...

Ploid 3.0

Lol this seems so silly. Why the hell not just make it a normal match? Like.... How is that more difficult to program?

After one time through you unlock the harder difficulties. Probably did this for the casual players that just want story. Would be nice to have a option from the start like survival.

Lol this seems so silly. Why the hell not just make it a normal match? Like.... How is that more difficult to program?
Well I feel like rounds would ruin the flow of a story mode. Its like "oh Nash, you shall be destroyed by the mighty bison, but I have to win two rounds first."

Big Brett

Guys, the story is miles harder than the joke they had in earlier. It's not insanely difficult per se, but it's absolutely more challenging.

Neoxon

I guess the lack of suit-ripping for Urien is the unfinished part of him. The model files clearly show that it's part of his model to show his classic Roman underwear.

El Sloth

Banned
Urien has 3-bar V-Trigger.

Also guys, Juri still has normal fireballs without activating trigger. You can stack each strength (with an indicator next to trigger bar - similar to Ibuki's Kunai's) and use them accordingly.
Think you could hook us up with a quick vid showing them? Really want to see how they look.

Zackat

I was clearly still unpacking the files and couldn't verify stuff from filenames a caught a glimpse of...

... but cool I get shit on while Garrett is praised as a god...

I for one love all of these things. Thanks for all of the stuff Scrub.

People just being lame because video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom