• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

Just been trying out Juri in Story mode and I just keep dying on purpose to replay the match so I can keep trying her moveset out. I love her already, I love characters with cool and unique moves.

Gren

Patch is already up but the servers go online at 12 AM PST, 3 and a half hours from now.

Thanks for the ETA, was just gonna post asking about it.

It'll only be around 9 PM for me when it goes up. Downloading the content now, will mess around with Rog & Ibuks; will resist temptation & hold off on Story until I can at least get paid for it :)

SSReborn

As a continuation of what I said earlier there does seem to be some braindead fights but I thinks it's based on design with regards to who your fighting so obviously the random grunts are not gonna do anything to you lol

Coda

Lemme know when you figure out what her anime meter is.

For sure! You can actually throw fireballs not just in V-Trigger but when she's normal. Not sure exactly what I'm doing to do it though. Need to do further testing, it's some kind of delayed input thing.

Her shoryuken kick can be a combo ender for a lot of stuff which is really cool. Her standing HP is a godlike kick anti-air too.

Just been trying out Juri in Story mode and I just keep dying on purpose to replay the match so I can keep trying her moveset out. I love her already, I love characters with cool and unique moves.

Just tried her out and enjoyed her too. I like that you can store a charge for each strength of her qcf+k and have them change the move itself afterwords.

For sure! You can actually throw fireballs not just in V-Trigger but when she's normal. Not sure exactly what I'm doing to do it though. Need to do further testing, it's some kind of delayed input thing.

Her shoryuken kick can be a combo ender for a lot of stuff which is really cool. Her standing HP is a godlike kick anti-air too.

You have to qcf+lk, and an icon will show up above her super bar. After that you can just qcf+lk again and she'll throw out her projectile. You have to stock it and then use it. It's different for mk and hk too.

Coda

Just tried her out and enjoyed her too. I like that you can store a charge for each strength of her qcf+k and have them change the move itself afterwords.

You have to qcf+lk, and an icon will show up above her super bar. After that you can just qcf+lk again and she'll throw out her projectile. You have to stock it and then use it. It's different for mk and hk too.

Ahh thanks! That makes sense.

HardRojo

So-It-Begins.gif

Wallach

Are people only playing on PS4 side? I checked my Steam version and I'm updated, but there's no Balrog or Story Mode or new stage or anything.

I am interested in what does Uriens Vtrigger does. When you pop it you get a timer like Cammy or Ryu etc. But i saw on the video when activated you get a reflector. So can you keep throwing reflectors while in V trigger mode?

Big Brett

Down for maintenance and yes, coming back up at 12 AM PST, which is 3 hours and 10 minutes from now.

You better be getting paid for this. Hourly

I am interested in what does Uriens Vtrigger does. When you pop it you get a timer like Cammy or Ryu etc. But i saw on the video when activated you get a reflector. So can you keep throwing reflectors while in V trigger mode?

Only 2 reflectors,but you have that much time to use them

Wallach

I think you get 2; one immediately on activation (which does not consume any of the VT timer) and then it slowly drains until you use a second activation or it drains out.

Zackat

Are people only playing on PS4 side? I checked my Steam version and I'm updated, but there's no Balrog or Story Mode or new stage or anything.

there's a box you have to check on the library page of SFV for steam. It should start downloading after that.

You better be getting paid for this. Hourly

Only 2 reflectors,but you have that much time to use them

I think you get 2; one immediately on activation (which does not consume any of the VT timer) and then it slowly drains until you use a second activation or it drains out.

Thanks for the info brett and wallach. Makes sense now. If you can keep throwing out reflectors it would too op lol. But 2 reflectors in each round is not bad too.

Furi is free with PS+, The Metal Slug Anthology is coming to PS4 next week, this freaking update for Street Fighter 5, I got a vacation for 2 weeks, tomorrow's my birthday and Eid is coming up next week?

This is like the best 2 weeks EVER.

Guess Who

Banned
Is it possible to download the Story Mode DLC on PSN right now? I know people were doing it yesterday, but I can't find it in the store.

Wallach

there's a box you have to check on the library page of SFV for steam. It should start downloading after that.

Ah, yeah thanks. Apparently it downloaded 8 GB earlier and now is downloading another 7.4 GB for this. Weird way to deploy it but whatever.

Coda

I want to play Story now but I also want my FM to count. ><

I just got to the 2nd Act where you can play as Juri and Urien just to try them out. I just skipped the cutscenes for now to get there quick. I'll play it legit when the servers are back up.

TheOGB

Banned
Lord have mercy I am missing everything

Do you get FM after each stage like the Prologues? Or could I start Story mode now and finish when the server's up to get the reward?

HardRojo

So 3 more hours? Damn, I was hoping it'd be one more hour :( Got a presentation tomorrow at 9 am, the servers will be up by 2 am... if I finish Story mode then it'll be 6-7 am. Yeah, I'll have time for a quick shower and breakfast before I head out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom