• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSReborn

So 3 more hours? Damn, I was hoping it'd be one more hour :( Got a presentation tomorrow at 9 am, the servers will be up by 2 am... if I finish Story mode then it'll be 6-7 am. Yeah, I'll have time for a quick shower and breakfast before I head out.
Don't do it to yourself! Lol

So 3 more hours? Damn, I was hoping it'd be one more hour :( Got a presentation tomorrow at 9 am, the servers will be up by 2 am... if I finish Story mode then it'll be 6-7 am. Yeah, I'll have time for a quick shower and breakfast before I head out.
I'm telling you man, you'll only be thinking of Urien when you step up to do that presentation.

"And our projections indicate that with this new business strategy, The Aegis Reflector, we'll be well on our way to vanquishing our foes. Thank you."

Btw, for those of us who are killing ourselves with the anticipation, keep an eye on the Steam/PSN store.

You never know when the stuff might become available for sale.

Gren

Aw crap, no Rog or Ibuki. I had hoped that whatever season pass key/data I had on my PC would be sufficient to unlock them.

Eh, guess I'll go for a jog tonight after all.

so many new pages..,,, you guys were hungry!

anyway, i hope the patch upgrades the netcode. this past week was shit wireless users turning my game into shaky cam fighter V at 5 bars. i don't want to play these people anymore.

Moaradin

They certainly put a lot of effort into this story mode. Lot of unique assets, music, and even the non-playable enemies you fight have unique movesets.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Not gonna lie. I skipped every cut scene to get to play as the new characters. Urien is amazing. I kept losing on purpose to keep trying him.

Very small spoilers about maybe half the story, quality wise.

It didn't turn out like I thought, but it's even better than I expected.

I fucking love this.

Zackat

Very small spoilers about maybe half the story, quality wise.

It didn't turn out like I thought, but it's even better than I expected.

I fucking love this.

I am shook by how good this turned out being. I was expecting a big pile of shit. lol

like what?

Exactly what you would think. There's one bad one in particular, the rest aren't so bad.

tribal girl using a spear

so from 1-10 what you rate it? Also how good is it compared to MK story mode?

A small review without spoiling too much

From a story perspective, the MK games have had issues with a major plot line or two ruining it for me. Like in 9 where Sindel kills a ton of the cast, or fucking kids bopz kids being too front and center.

SF has none of that. It has some problems explaining things, but everyone gets screen time, and it's like the SF cartoon without being too stupid.

In short, it's super fun and just wacky and enjoyable.

Village

Are we trying to find something new to be offended by?

I'm not trying to find anything to be offended by.

I as a black man am not fond of outdated ass stereotypes of african or african related people in my media, or... related to peoples in general

I am not finding anything, I am offended by something.

If you don't like that you can get on out of here.

From a story perspective, the MK games have had issues with a major plot line or two ruining it for me. Like in 9 where Sindel kills a ton of the cast, or fucking kids bopz kids being too front and center.

SF has none of that. It has some problems explaining things, but everyone gets screen time, and it's like the SF cartoon without being too stupid.

That is all I wanted to hear.

Kp3f6D9.png

MlHm0Zg.gif

HUGE SMOILER

http://i.imgur.com/2cXWQcZ.jpg give it a day before someone model swaps him onto Urien's skeleton...

Mizerman

That's just awesome.

Neoxon

Music to my ears.
I'm glad that they avoided some of the pitfalls that even MK9 & MKX fell into.

Good that's exactly what I want. A cheeseball story that doesn't take itself seriously. MK takes itself too seriously and I think most of the time it doesn't work. Especially MKX story.

As a secondary note, it seriously feels old school capcom. It's littered with references, throwbacks, and some the fights contain some cool moves.

Besides one that's pretty offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom