• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

As a secondary note, it seriously feels old school capcom. It's littered with references, throwbacks, and some the fights contain some cool moves.

Besides one that's pretty offensive.
Yep besides that one I liked them all

The loudspeaker one lol

Mik317

yeah the CPU stops playing around near the end....or I just suck.

Probably the latter...but Bison just styled on me hard

Durden77

Lol this story has me hooked. It's like exactly what I wanted. I wish the transitions were better, but I can't stop smiling. And all the new characters were amazing with the tiny time I got with them.

Wallach

It gives his special moves an armor frame and his skin turns black.

sheeeeeeeeeeit.gif armor on anything except fireball? Makes a lot of sense, as he's always been a meter hog, and that would be a very time efficient way to build gauge (getting V-Gauge for damage through armor + V-Skill bonus for hitting on modified move).

it looks like he keeps his old s.HK overhead, which is now back + HK; what's his new s.HK?

SSReborn

yeah the CPU stops playing around near the end....or I just suck.

Probably the latter...but Bison just styled on me hard
Lol no my friends said he watching floe's stream and cpu is bodying him.
He was like:
"why is cpu playing real"
"I'm scared to touch a button"

Loool

For those that have played already: who are the most commonly used characters in story mode? I know everyone gets used at least once but I figure Ryu and Charlie would be the main two.

Neoxon

Garrett, can you check the other Urien costumes to see if the SFIII Naked Urien model is tied to those, as well?

Moaradin

『Inaba Resident』;208838506 said:
So without spoiling stuff, what do people think of story mode? I'm waiting for the servers and I want impressions but I'm afraid I'll see spoilers if I go searching.

Very good. Surpassed my expectations for sure.

Zackat

So without spoiling stuff, what do people think of story mode? I'm waiting for the servers and I want impressions but I'm afraid I'll see spoilers if I go searching.

I liked it. It was way better than I was expecting. There's some silly stuff, and I enjoyed it a lot. I'll replay it again to get all the fight money.

Xeteh

I finished it, it wasn't bad. There were some good moments and some pretty awfully written ones too. It was solid though.

Mik317

Most fun I have had with the game so far actually. Not super hard (until late...but I may just suck at this point), the story is fun and stupid and you can tell a lot of effort went into it.

"It's too late, Capcom. I wanted to buy your game, but now I'm just going to wait for Super."
Which is unfortunate. Because I know with arcade mode, story and another mode called extra fight or something, trials, survival I think that's a lot of offline modes. But like you said yeah that's gonna be the next excuse when and if arcade gets added.

Xeteh

How did you feel towards the ending though?

As far as the story? A lot of it is very predictable, where basically everything is telegraphed. A lot of FANGs scenes make up for the monotony, same with Zangief. Like TheSpoiler said, they do a kind of shit job explaining some things but eh, it could have been worse. It was fine.

Last couple of fights turn in to their versions would in survival. The AI reads inputs and it can be frustrating if you aren't familiar with the character you're using. I can see hard giving me trouble.

Xeteh

『Inaba Resident』;208839040 said:
Thanks for the impressions guys. From here and some the impressions from pro players I'm getting from a quick clance at twitter, it seems that they actually did a good job.

Its a strange beast but I'm glad they did it. It isn't great by any stretch but it was the dumb fun I was hoping for.

I love this way of releasing content. The end of every month has been like a mini launch for the game and it has been exciting every time no matter if I have been personally interested in the content or not.

On explanations for things like who won SFII (as in, who reached Bison), and a bunch of other bigger things,
this game doesn't really answer it like I hoped for.

And in terms of how it links with the other stories from the other games
it feels self contained but probably because this is the first time they gave a shit. Too bad there are a ton of retcons though :(

I definitely want to play on all the stages that show up in the story. Give it to me, Capcom!

As far as the story? A lot of it is very predictable, where basically everything is telegraphed. A lot of FANGs scenes make up for the monotony, same with Zangief. Like TheSpoiler said, they do a kind of shit job explaining some things but eh, it could have been worse. It was fine.

Last couple of fights turn in to their versions would in survival. The AI reads inputs and it can be frustrating if you aren't familiar with the character you're using. I can see hard giving me trouble.

More towards how:
They did the final fight with Bison, with the way he was basically defeated. Plus his 'story' costume was never used.

And towards the very end:
With Gil making an appearance.

But yeah, I definitely agree with you on Zangief/FANG. Especially with 'Gief. The story really made me enjoy his character a lot more than I have before, which wasn't much.

Nice to know about the AI. That's definitely going to be annoying as hell on hard.

Oh shit, the final boss is
Stage 30 Bison
. We're all doomed.

I legit laughed my ass off.

So do juri and urien seem mostly finished and ready to be released? I'm interested if they're going to give us unbalanced versions of the character to play with then dual them back a bit for official release.

More towards how:
They did the final fight with Bison, with the way he was basically defeated. Plus his 'story' costume was never used.

And towards the very end:
With Gil making an appearance.

But yeah, I definitely agree with you on Zangief/FANG. Especially with 'Gief. The story really made me enjoy his character a lot more than I have before, which wasn't much.

Nice to know about the AI. That's definitely going to be annoying as hell on hard.

I legit laughed my ass off.

The Ryu thing was fine, but it felt like he got over his shit quickly. Which is good since he's been on that shit forever, but still, it could have used more time with the struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom