• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
dawvRgg.png

Ryan_MSF

I can tell it's been a while since i've played this because this
Nash V Bison
fight, I have been getting ruined constantly haha. Story is great though, really enjoying this.

Sapientas

That magical server playing with me. Won 2 matches out of 3 agaisnt a (bad) Ken and when I won I didn't get points, but when he did the servers worked perfectly. Went back a league too.

Menitta

So I really want to dive back in. What's the best way of getting FM? I heard it's through survival, which is a bummer because I'm terrible.

So I really want to dive back in. What's the best way of getting FM? I heard it's through survival, which is a bummer because I'm terrible.

It's through Survival. RIP.

You still get decent amounts through finishing character stories, story mode, trials and demonstrations though.

Mr. Hyde

I bought the game and started out playing Ryu's story mode and the game decides to close out during the Nash fight. Hmm.. Is this game very unstable?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You basically want to get all characters to level up a little bit, since the first levels are the fastest and every level for every character gets you 1000 FM. You can do that by playing their prologue, doing their trials, clearing survival or using them in ranked.

edit: Oh and the tutorials. Probably the fastest way to get FM.

Using them in casual also gives xp
Right, this, too.

You basically want to get all characters to level up alittle bit, since the first levels are the fastest and every level for every character gets you 1000 FM. You can do that by playing their prologue, doing their trials, clearing survival or using them in ranked.
Using them in casual also gives xp

Do you get any character XP for Story mode or just FM?

I already did all the character stories and spent 70k on Guile's stage. I'm debating buying the season pass or just grinding away at Survival.

Just grind it out, IMO. It's really easy to get 3-400,000 FM for the current characters. After that it gets to be a bit more challenging.

Unless you want them right now then SP all day.

Xeteh

I already did all the character stories and spent 70k on Guile's stage. I'm debating buying the season pass or just grinding away at Survival.

If you were thinking about the season pass you should have held off on Guile's stage as it is included with the pass. :(

Which story mode? The new one? No but character specific stories give FM for completing and exp iirc.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

All of the single-player content (demonstration videos, combo trials, prologue story, survival) is "worth" going through for the fight money and EXP. For survival mode, do easy mode with every character, then do the higher difficulties with those you can actually tough it out with.

If you plan to get all the DLC characters, consider picking up the season pass. Each new character you get also comes with their own entries in the single-player modes, meaning that you can win a little more FM back with each new character. I bought the season pass for the characters and then spent all my FM on cosmetics.

Ranked and casual matches (but not battle lounge) give out FM and EXP for wins as well. The amount of EXP is based upon the league of your opponent (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc.), and you still get 25% of the EXP even when you lose.

Skab

So I was thinking about the banana hammock and how it wasn't actually under the costumes section in the files, but was layered under the suit. This has led some people to think that Urien may blow his cloths off in game and it's just not a thing in the story mode version, but I have another thought.

Maybe it is its own costume, but is listed under the suit costume in the files because he gets an opening that rips them off, 3rd strike style, if you have that costume selected?

Menitta

Just grind it out, IMO. It's really easy to get 3-400,000 FM for the current characters. After that it gets to be a bit more challenging.

Unless you want them right now then SP all day.

I mean, I can get Ibuki now and I'll be happy. I'd rather grind it out than spend $30. I'll get the pass for season 2 for sure.

So I was thinking about the banana hammock and how it wasn't actually under the costumes section in the files, but was layered under the suit. This has led some people to think that Urien may blow his cloths off in game and it's just not a thing in the story mode version, but I have another thought.

Maybe it is its own costume, but is listed under the suit costume in the files because he gets an opening that rips them off, 3rd strike style, if you have that costume selected?
But would they create a unique animation for one DLC costume? It's not realistic to me.

SaikyoBro

Anyone else deeply regretting buying so many story costumes with their fight money right now? I was definitely not ready for $6 a character and $4 a stage :[

Xeteh

Am I an idiot? Balrog's first trial has got me stumped.

j.hk, l.p, l.k > m.k > h.k

Seems easy enough but the l.p pushes me out of range for the l.k every single time.

vg260

Anyone else deeply regretting buying so many story costumes with their fight money right now? I was definitely not ready for $6 a character and $4 a stage :[

I have not used any of my fight money until they got the store going and I saw what sort of content and bundles would be available. Still waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom