• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Story mode has actually grossly surpassed my (low) expectations.

Some nice animation, funny moments, cool visuals and length. Having some of the side characters appear and at be SOMEWHAT designed surprised the hell out of me.

kirblar

Oro
Sean
C. Viper
Decapre
Azam
Akuma
Gill
Sakura

Would not be surprised if that's the S2 list, with Sagat and maybe Kuma being added onto S1.

Is there any way to change the type of aa this game uses on PC. Looks so blurry with the default method.

Decapre
seems just as fleshed out as the other dolls to me.

Put AA on low, downsample from a higher resolution = crisp image, no jaggies.

Also
the other dolls only have 1 special move, decapre has her blades and most of her moves cept the up teleport follow ups and the forward stabs (maybe she does, cpu is awful at using moves in general)

Kouichi

Oh my god, the server disconnected just as the (slight story spoilers)
the after credits scene
was just starting. It was so perfect, I almost thought it was a joke.

Kalentan

Is the second fight between
Nash and Bison the final one? Cause holy shit the difficulty spike that just happens. Bison destroys you in a second.

Put AA on low, downsample from a higher resolution = crisp image, no jaggies.

Also
the other dolls only have 1 special move, decapre has her blades and most of her moves cept the up teleport follow ups and the forward stabs (maybe she does, cpu is awful at using moves in general)
She has
her own air grab ffs
. That alone convinced me she's coming to sf and soon.

Also I noticed the "resume bgm" option now works properly, it no longer restarts the bgm when you return to menu.

She has
her own air grab ffs
. That alone convinced me she's coming to sf and soon.

Haha yeah as I did the fight again I got nailed by one, can't wait man!

Marvel

could never
Beat the shit outta a silver ibuki twice lol, omg felt amazing just punching the fuck outta her with Rog (im a bronze somthing). She's a pain in the ass once she gets going, don't even get me started on the fear a bomb makes me feel when it's thrown at my face lol

Well at this rate I won't even get to that one. Because this is just... Insane. This is like everything wrong with final (or near final) bosses in fighting games.

That fight is the hardest in story mode, the other fights arent as hard
as I said earlier, any fight involving Bison is hard in story mode

SkylineRKR

Well at this rate I won't even get to that one. Because this is just... Insane. This is like everything wrong with final (or near final) bosses in fighting games.

Turtle until his V-trigger has ran out. Then keep distance by using sonic booms, sometimes try to sweep him.. he seems to cool down after some time. When you have super, try to v-trigger into it.

Kalentan

That fight is the hardest in story mode, the other fights arent as hard
as I said earlier, any fight involving Bison is hard in story mode

Well that is good... I beat him! Took me a bunch of attempts but finally beat him. Doesn't help that I'm not very good at
Nash.

Neoxon

Oro
Sean
C. Viper
Decapre
Azam
Akuma
Gill
Sakura

Would not be surprised if that's the S2 list, with Sagat and maybe Kuma being added onto S1.
I could see Abel getting in instead of Gill or Decapre (though I would prefer Gill to Abel)
, but I more-or-less agree with what you've said. Given that Capcom has a pretty decent gap between September (the end of Wave 1) & January 2017, they may be able to do more than 6 characters for Wave 2.

Scotia

Banned
I could see Abel getting in instead of Gill or Decapre (though I would prefer Gill to Abel)
, but I more-or-less agree with what you've said. Given that Capcom has a pretty decent gap between September (the end of Wave 1) & January 2017, they may be able to do more than 6 characters for Wave 2.

Agreed.
Im convinced Abel is going to be in the next season of DLC.

FtHTiny

Liked the story for what it was.
Also really liking Ibuki even if i kinda suck hard with her. Have an easier time with Balrog but don´t like him that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Season 2 is

Ed
Azam
Sean
Decapre
Abel
Gill

just remembered theres likely to be 8 charcters next year what with there being more months to release in

adding

Crimson Viper
Oro

If they intend a season 2 story

Akuma so Ryu can show him the power of nothingness

Pachinko

Hey guys and gals , I got a question for those who've spent more time with fighters in general that can offer any tips.

So we all know how to do the basic special cancel , which would be a crouching normal into a hadouken or a tatsu. That's pretty easy to do because you've got a third of the input already locked in by crouching. Similarly , doing a DP special cancel by holding forward first also isn't too hard.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any hot tips on how to do a standing special cancel when , for example a player (me for example :p) is trying to say go from a standing LK with Chun Li into a lightning legs/ EX lightning legs.

I'm just having one hell of a time there and it seems to be mostly an input timing thing , like I physically can't seem to throw in an entire QCF motion within the (assuming) 3 frame window I have to throw it out.

Is there a trick to doing this or do I just need to work it out 1000 times in training in the hope that my fingers just suddenly start doing it ?

Quesa

Anyone else having trouble with Balrog's first trial? Can't nail the LP/LK at all. whiffs.

Nevermind: got it by holding forward after the jump-in. Be nice if the game mentioned that, haha

Neoxon

My guesses for Wave 2 are...
  • Crimson Viper
  • Sean Matsuda (to honor the 20th Anniversary of Street Fighter III)
  • Oro (see Sean)
  • Akuma
  • Sakura
  • Decapre or Azam
  • Abel
  • Gill
The English voice actor they hired for Gill (Liam O'Brien) is too high profile to not make him playable at some point. And given that they teased that the 2nd Cinematic Story will either retell the events of Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact or cover the Illuminati's rise to power, Gill is pretty much necessary for this. I'm caught between Decapre & Azam since the former had a ton of unique moves, while the latter was pretty damn prominent in the story & has a unique design.

Edzi

Also very impressed with the Juri design. She looks a step over every other female character in the game.

I'm insanely happy that they went with the black latex, and it became clear why they chose that route after seeing a pic of her with that modded back to skin. I'm convinced it had nothing to do with censoring and was more because it just looked horrible without the black latex.

Here are pics, in case some of you are curious:

eZ262Oj.jpg

uhoxt3g.jpg

kirblar

What's with the
Abel
support?

Is he that prominent in Story mode?
I'm insanely happy that they went with the black latex, and it became clear why they chose that route after seeing a pic of her with that modded back to skin. I'm convinced it had nothing to do with censoring and was more because it just looked horrible without the black latex.
A lot of the costumes in this update seem to be them finally realizing that less (skin) is more when it comes to costumes.

Xeteh

What's with the
Abel
support?

Is he that prominent in Story mode?

A lot of the costumes in this update seem to be them finally realizing that less (skin) is more when it comes to costumes.

If you want to know why:
He's been working undercover in Shadaloo, he's in the story mode.

Here are pics, in case some of you are curious:

Goddamn that looks stupid. I don't care what anyone says, the latex makes it look awesome.

Alienous

If anyone has the Story mode grayed out try this (for PS4):

Start the game on your account, and get to the main menu.
Hold the PS Button a switch user to another account (perhaps the one that downloaded the story pack. I haven't tested)?
After they are logged in, switch user again back to your account.
Go back to the menu of the game on your account.
'General Story' should be available then.

(At least this is the fix that works for me).

Alchemist

Think I'm in the minority here but I'd much prefer known characters get in before new ones.

Prediction:
Decapre is fully playable by the end of the year.

Scotia

Banned
My guesses for Wave 2 are...
  • Crimson Viper
  • Sean Matsuda (to honor the 20th Anniversary of Street Fighter III)
  • Oro (see Sean)
  • Akuma
  • Sakura
  • Decapre or Azam
  • Abel
  • Gill
The English voice actor they hired for Gill (Liam O'Brien) is too high profile to not make him playable at some point. And given that they teased that the 2nd Cinematic Story will either retell the events of Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact or cover the Illuminati's rise to power, Gill is pretty much necessary for this. I'm caught between Decapre & Azam since the former had a ton of unique moves, while the latter was pretty damn prominent in the story & has a unique design.

And given they they teased that the 2nd Cinematic Stroy will either retell the evens of Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact or cover the Illuminati's rise to power...

What? When?

Also

I personally feel Ed has a pretty good chance for Wave 2

Xeteh

Think I'm in the minority here but I'd much prefer known characters get in before new ones.

Prediction:
Decapre is fully playable by the end of the year.

I don't know, I feel I've seen more people who make lists guessing on S2 characters not including the possibility of anyone new more than the opposite. I like the idea of new blood.

Hey guys and gals , I got a question for those who've spent more time with fighters in general that can offer any tips.

So we all know how to do the basic special cancel , which would be a crouching normal into a hadouken or a tatsu. That's pretty easy to do because you've got a third of the input already locked in by crouching. Similarly , doing a DP special cancel by holding forward first also isn't too hard.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any hot tips on how to do a standing special cancel when , for example a player (me for example :p) is trying to say go from a standing LK with Chun Li into a lightning legs/ EX lightning legs.

I'm just having one hell of a time there and it seems to be mostly an input timing thing , like I physically can't seem to throw in an entire QCF motion within the (assuming) 3 frame window I have to throw it out.

Is there a trick to doing this or do I just need to work it out 1000 times in training in the hope that my fingers just suddenly start doing it ?

You actually have far more time than you think to perform the cancel. From my experience we unconsciously tend to wait for the normal animation to end before attempting the special cancel. Try to perform the combo, the normal canceled by the special, without looking at your screen. You'll realize you can perform the special motion sooner than you thought, our eyes actually hold us back. Hit the normal button, then start the special move instantly afterward. It will give you the sense of the timing.
The trick is: it's not about the speed of the special motion, it's about starting it early. Then just repeat the combo endlessly, you'll eventually get it, muscle memory will do the work for you.

Alchemist

I don't know, I feel I've seen more people who make lists guessing on S2 characters not including the possibility of anyone new more than the opposite. I like the idea of new blood.

All the lists I've seen today have included Azam and even Ed. The latter doesn't seem realistic at all to me.

As a skin for Cammy
Kappa.gif

Her moveset is too fleshed out to be skin. She even has her own theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom