• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I picked up the game on PC as well
because I have a problem
to get time with Urien.

Any of you guys on PC have any recommended settings I should be playing at? I have a 980ti, 16GB RAM, 1440p gysnc monitor, etc., etc. so power isn't an hurdle in regards to this game just looking for overall best options regarding smoothness of gameplay, ini tweaks, vsync etc.

Thanks

Zackat

because I have a problem
to get time with Urien.

Any of you guys on PC have any recommended settings I should be playing at? I have a 980ti, 16GB RAM, 1140 gysnc monitor, etc., etc. so power isn't an hurdle in regards to this game just looking for overall best options regarding smoothness of gameplay, ini tweaks, vsync etc.

Thanks

I put post-processing to medium because I didn't like all the motion blur. Other than that everything is cranked up

Gbraga

because I have a problem
to get time with Urien.

Any of you guys on PC have any recommended settings I should be playing at? I have a 980ti, 16GB RAM, 1140 gysnc monitor, etc., etc. so power isn't an hurdle in regards to this game just looking for overall best options regarding smoothness of gameplay, ini tweaks, vsync etc.

Thanks

post proc. on medium if you dislike the motion blur.

I personally play with vsync off as well, as I do for every competitive game, but you might not like it if you're playing on both platforms. It might make things worse for you.

fernoca

Well, started the game finally:
-Couldn't connect at first to create an account, so had to retry a few times. Once logged in, hasn't disconneted.
-Beat each character's story, which translated in around 130k FM (enough for one character).
-Midway through the Story Mode, is good but the frequent short loadings are a bit disappointing. Is still well done. Once finished, along a few matches could translate into another character.
-But I want Rashid's alternate...love the guy.

Already played the game (friend's copy), but glad to finally have this. Now to finish the story mode and do a few more Survival Rounds. Maybe try online, but I rarely play fighting games online with randoms.

Coda

Juri in this game is wonderful.

Just played through about half of the story today. Really enjoying it so far, it's cheesy as it's supposed to be but also has some greats references and emotional moments.

K cool. That's what I was assuming.

Cuz while there's some pretty bad ones (Laura, Ibuki, Ryu), overall the English cast is pretty great.

Mika is best VA.

I'll make sure to put post processing on medium as I can't stand motion blur 90% of the time. Especially on a gsync monitor.

Do any of you downsample the game or just run it at native?

SephLuis

Finished the story mode and I liked it. Goofy, but in a good way.

I was just hoping that some characters would have more importance. Chun, Dhalsim, Necalli and others.

Tested Juri and I liked it, but it's clear she still needs more work. I liked her mechanics of keeping the charge and how it changes the attack depending on the button.

The V-skill I also liked, though I was secretly hoping for her taunt attack from SF IV and that we could choose where to go. V-Trigger, as far as I could test it, allows her to use her charge specials without having to actually charge them .

Her rising pinwheel.....I just hope they change the command to a simple qcf instead of srk motion. I haven't got the opportunity to properly test how comboable this attack is.

I really wish they could let us use the dlc characters in training without the CPU even. I will probably buy the season pass next month and leave the FM for the next season.

Steroyd

Finally beat elite mode, my thumb hurts so much from Bison's block strings holy shit they never end when the AI goes ham.

Makes me absolutely fucking terrified to try Survival with unfamiliar characters now, dat PTSD. :(

She feels awful. Really incomplete. I don't know what she's supposed to do.

I'm super sad right now.

Yeah, I'm not an ibuki player, but I can tell she has serious problems. That change really screws her over because it kills her momentum when she has to sacrifice pressure after a knockdown in order to refill. Plus, she's missing moves that would have helped balance that

Xeteh

Oh yeah, fucking missed you survival.

CmTlg3-UkAArFmo.jpg

LegendX48

Finally beat elite mode, my thumb hurts so much from Bison's block strings holy shit they never end when the AI goes ham.

Makes me absolutely fucking terrified to try Survival with unfamiliar characters now, dat PTSD. :(
Survival is several rounds of brain dead ai into random God mode, input reading spikes for several fights until the end. Beware the survival mode!

KAL2006

Banned
Urien is amazing. But what the fuck have they done to Juri's movelist. I'm not a fan of the changes. Same with Ibuki as well.

Menitta

I'm trying to give more time to charge characters. I like playing as Alex and Bison and Guile is fun too, but I'll never be able to master them. My brain can't make my hands think with the two seconds of charge, and I constantly fuck up combos. Maybe I'll give Q the time of day if he's added.

So, how do you use alt stages? Bought them from the shop and I see absolutely no way to use them on stage select.

I've never played a "good" survival mode.
The problem is that colors are locked behind a shit mode.

I think it'd be fine if it was like one color locked behind it as a status symbol but fucking colors 3-10? Unacceptable. This is where the PC version comes in handy.

fresquito

I haven't been unable to try the new patch online, but I don't want to go to bed without knowing: Has the online experienced improved in your opinion?

Groof

Urien is amazing. But what the fuck have they done to Juri's movelist. I'm not a fan of the changes. Same with Ibuki as well.

Very different for sure. I'm reserving judgement for when she's complete and out for regular play though.

Someone seriously needs to looking into if modding
decapre
as playable is possible

because I have a problem
to get time with Urien.

Any of you guys on PC have any recommended settings I should be playing at? I have a 980ti, 16GB RAM, 1440p gysnc monitor, etc., etc. so power isn't an hurdle in regards to this game just looking for overall best options regarding smoothness of gameplay, ini tweaks, vsync etc.

Thanks

With a 980ti you can probably downsample from 3200x1800, so do that and set the AA to low, that should give you the best image.

Menitta

Out of curiosity, did you discover the character in sf3 or sf4? Because I find she plays pretty similar to her sf3 version, footsies and resets oriented.

Her 3rd Strike version does have more moves. She's definitely quite different from both versions, I'd say. I still really like her because she plays like Ibuki should play, but she doesn't have her slide neckbreak, her jump flip thing is now her H Dash, and her L->M->H kick target combo is gone. She's more about mixups in this version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom