• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Out of curiosity, did you discover the character in sf3 or sf4? Because I find she plays pretty similar to her sf3 version, footsies and resets oriented.

Good question actually. If it's only the SF4 Ibuki players who are disappointed, then I'll take that as a good sign.

I did not expect to enjoy Balrog as much as I do. He's amazing.

I'm seriously contemplating making him one of my mains after the brief time I spent with him last night.

Producer

Who at capcom though having to refill kunai for ibuki is a good mechanic? She seems so limited based on matches I've watched

I feel like she should have an EX kunai refill so she instantly refills the whole stock.

But then again i just been playing her for a short time so who knows how balanced it is

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I noticed you can cancel off cr.MP now also and cr.MK as well.

Yeah. Cr mp didn't really serve much of a purpose in 3s so i can see why they made it cancelable. Low forward might lose some hit stun. You know what lets not jinx it. I'm just happy he'll be playable soon. His general design is well rounded enough that I think he'll be fine.

JayEH

If I'm thinking of the right trial, then the only part that requires any timing is the first rush punch and the rest is just mashing.

im having trouble hitting the tap in the air and when i do im so surprised i do hit that i miss the first rush punch and then when i hit the first rush punch im so surprised i forget to mash lol.

YAY, finally beat Ibuki's trials.

Stages and story costumes can all be bought with FM. The premium costumes can only be bought with real money so they don't show FM next to them.
But can I pay real money or buy fight money? I want all the stages, but I don't have that much fight money

Big Brett

im having trouble hitting the tap in the air and when i do im so surprised i do hit that i miss the first rush punch and then when i hit the first rush punch im so surprised i forget to mash lol.

There's quite a bit of time to hit the buttons. Try learning the timing slowly it'll be easy after that.

JayEH

There's quite a bit of time to hit the buttons. Try learning the timing slowly it'll be easy after that.

Yeah I'm seeing how easy it is now. I've gotten the juggle a couple of times now but once I did the rekkas with punch instead of kick and the other time I missed the last punch rekka. Too bad I have to go out now I was really hitting a groove there but I think I get it now.

She feels awful. Really incomplete. I don't know what she's supposed to do.

I'm super sad right now.

Yeah. I am glad Balrog came out the same day or I would be super disappointed if we waited that long just for her.

I said that her Kunai mechanic wasn't going to fit into the game very well when they revealed her and I am glad that others are feeling the same way. They really need to add one of her old specials in the game and remove the Kunai limit in the next balance update.

Ibuki's 10th trial was pretty difficult, the timing for the dash into CA needs to be pretty much perfect.

Now it's time for survival...

Is there any tips on how to play charge characters? Mostly how to keep your charge? I really want to learn Rog and Urien when he comes out.

Dubz

Balriog with no head butt is ludicrous. Also quarter circle super is pretty bad. Only one pure charge character in this game, and I hate Guile.

Is there any tips on how to play charge characters? Mostly how to keep your charge? I really want to learn Rog and Urien when he comes out.

You pretty much hold down+b as much as possible when you are in range to attack, so even if you jump, you'd hold down+back right away so you can start charging while in the air.

And the when you use a move that uses charge back, you actually roll it forward in a quarter circle motion ending in down+forward, so you keep your down charge.

Quesa

hey so like

82ff119e83.jpg
don't play story mode with the Juri mod on

Ok I just replayed the
decapre fight
on extreme, and yep they have alll their goddamn moves cept for the
forward blade stabs

The
air throw, ground stomp, ground return, uppercut and dive kick
are all there.

they destroyed me btw; so hype for this character, gonna be playable this year without a doubt.

Someone mod them playable already...

JayEH

It hasn't been updated with Ibuki and balrog yet but prima is having 50% off all e guides so you can get the SFV for $5 if anyone is interested. Use the code 50OFF.

KingBroly

Banned
I hate that stupid quote.
"That's how you start a fight and finish it quickly". Oh yeah? YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Well, assuming it's the same as it was in the beta, it's an innuendo in Japanese but it's not in English. That's why it sucks.

When I do Extra Story Mode, I'll turn on the sorta outdated but not really 'one hit = win' mod.

Also,
Juri drove from Brazil to London. Da Fuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom