• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well, assuming it's the same as it was in the beta, it's an innuendo in Japanese but it's not in English. That's why it sucks.

When I do Extra Story Mode, I'll turn on the sorta outdated but not really 'one hit = win' mod.

Also,
Juri drove from Brazil to London. Da Fuq?
Her feng shui engine lets her fly over the ocean.
Like punisher.
haet.jpg

You pretty much hold down+b as much as possible when you are in range to attack, so even if you jump, you'd hold down+back right away so you can start charging while in the air.

And the when you use a move that uses charge back, you actually roll it forward in a quarter circle motion ending in down+forward, so you keep your down charge.

But do you random dash punch as Balrog? And why does my charge attack sometimes not come out even though I have enough charge?

Xeteh

I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival. I hate survival.

vg260

I think Juri looks terrible in SFV.

I thought she was a cool original design in SFV with the outfit that looked like a stylish take on a Taekwondo outfit. The whole latex bodysuit thing looks stupid.

Her tentative moveset in the story mode is also not very interesting visually. The black move highlights lack any pop and could use some color.

Maybe she'll be more interesting once final, but design-wise I think it's a big step back.

JayEH

Pad yup. Guess it's gonna be a couple of weeks before it becomes second nature to me. But I have plenty of free time to practice. Is charge usually easier with pad or stick?

Stick. Though it's entirely possible to do charge on pad there are a few pro pad players.

Pad yup. Guess it's gonna be a couple of weeks before it becomes second nature to me. But I have plenty of free time to practice. Is charge usually easier with pad or stick?

Stick. Mainly square gates because there are hard corners for you to go back to every time. The top Guile player (from USF4) in the US is pad player though so just goes to show I guess.

Skilletor

Out of curiosity, did you discover the character in sf3 or sf4? Because I find she plays pretty similar to her sf3 version, footsies and resets oriented.

SF3

Even dismissing the removal of all of her moves that don't have a good replacement, she's still missing the ability to cancel from s.mk and SF3 Ibuki had an amazing dash.

I'm going to grind it out his weekend and hopefully I find something in the neutral, but right now, I think she's an awful character. People posting all these Mika like mixups with her vtrig, which is great, but Mika has some awesome normals...Ibuki has nothing comparable.

Is it me or do Ibuki's normals have...like no range at all?

Definitely not just you.

I made some gifs for the moves
decapre does
on extreme, you'll see
the dive kick
yourselves a lot, but these 3 are a bit more rare.

Ground Smash
: gif
Ground Return
Air grab

Finally played, I bought Alex, Ibuki and Balrog, have enough to buy Guile, but will hold on to my fight money for either Juri/Urien...

Played Ibuki and Balrog, Ibuki is fun..

KingBroly

Banned
I have completely forgotten how to do anything in this game with anyone besides Cammy.

Also, read something about Extra difficulty. Apparently
character damage carries over

Is it just me or Urien looks to be more complete than Juri in the story mode.

From the looks of it I feel like they confirmed they would be putting Urien in a while ago. He seems 100% ready to go IMO. They were obviously waiting for story mode to be complete before they showed stuff.

Alchemist

I made some gifs for the moves
decapre does
on extreme, you'll see
the dive kick
yourselves a lot, but these 3 are a bit more rare.

Ground Smash
Ground Return
Air grab

Don't know if it's true but I read earlier all the Dolls file names are just D01 D02 D03 etc but Decapre's is DCP.

SephLuis

Is it just me or Urien looks to be more complete than Juri in the story mode.

Agreed.

It's odd because I feel she's lacking a lot in regards of mobility options, which was what made her awesome in SSF IV. I like her main mechanic of keeping charges without holding buttons, but she's still lacking in other areas.

Really wish I could get some quality lab time with her to determine what exactly I want Capcom to change. For now I will just have to believe them. I didn't liked to much Chun-Li on beta 1 and on beta 2 I though she was great, I am hoping that this also happens to Juri

Durden77

Since getting back from work, servers seems excellent. Haven't played online, but connected no problem and the loading times are just as good as if I was offline.

That the general word or are people still having problems? It would be so good if this shit's finally fixed. Also how's the matchmaking?

Edzi

Since getting back from work, servers seems excellent. Haven't played online, but connected no problem and the loading times are just as good as if I was offline.

That the general word or are people still having problems? It would be so good if this shit's finally fixed. Also how's the matchmaking?

It was spotty last night, but I haven't been hearing any complaints today. I'm curious if the matchmaking improvements are working like they said they would.

This game hasn't been this activate since release. And because of that, ProudNet shit itself as match results fails to upload and the game framerate tanking both singleplayer and multiplayer. I could player play Survival mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv_rMiKAydQ

And I'm still being match from people outside the US.

Well at least you won the first game and were on your way to winning the second one. :) So that's a positive haha

Has anyone finished extra story mode? Do you get fight money and how hard is it?
On normal I had no problem til maybe the last 3 or 4 fights.

Also, if I buy Ibuki is she going to have a story mode, challenges and second outfit?

Edzi

SF3

Even dismissing the removal of all of her moves that don't have a good replacement, she's still missing the ability to cancel from s.mk and SF3 Ibuki had an amazing dash.

I'm going to grind it out his weekend and hopefully I find something in the neutral, but right now, I think she's an awful character. People posting all these Mika like mixups with her vtrig, which is great, but Mika has some awesome normals...Ibuki has nothing comparable.

Definitely not just you.

I never played Ibuki so I have no idea how she compares, but the one thing that I think might turn me off from playing her is the resource management on the kunais. I really dont want to have to deal with that in a game that moves as fast as SFV.

Juri, Urien, and Balrog are all seeming like my cup of tea though.

Asd202

Has anyone finished extra story mode? Do you get fight money and how hard is it?
On normal I had no problem til maybe the last 3 or 4 fights.

Also, if I buy Ibuki is she going to have a story mode, challenges and second outfit?

I did I'm not really a good player but I found it manageable for the most part but the fight
with Bison as Nash near the end is BS.
Good thing about it is that you just try again and not go back like in Survival.

I did I'm not really a good player but I found it manageable for the most part but the fight
with Bison as Nash near the end is BS.
Good thing about it is that you just try again and not go back like in Survival.

Do you get fight money for completing it?

Kalentan

Are the servers acting up?

Cause I'm only searching for people with 5+ bar ping but yet both matches have been laggy. Also it can't retrieve info from my opponent.

Mupod

unlocked Balrog. As a Bison main he just feels right - Alex and Guile seemed really 'off' to me and I didn't like playing them at all. But Balrog seems more my style, which is interesting because similar to Bison I never liked him before SF5. His trials were actually really fun.

He doesn't seem to have a working crossup though - I literally can't get any of his moves to hit as a crossup. Am I doing something wrong?

Also curious what the optimal crush counter punish for him is, outside of 'I was holding turn punch down all along!'

Yeeeeeeh.....fuck extra story mode. Made it to Dhalsim vs Necalli, lost about 10 times in a row and gave up. Everything was crush counters and throw counters, then taking over a 1/4 of my health with his one combo he likes to do over and over.
I guess I can do survival on normal with everyone. That gives you fight money, right? I've already done easy with everyone.

Producer

Except the dive kick I have trouble recalling what moves she doesn't have now.

Juri in FSE is a fucking beast. It's defo one of the best comeback tools as far as Vtrigger goes.

Counter. But yeah i dont feel shes missing specials, she even got her own version of hazanshu too.

Acerac

Banned
So what hoops do I need to jump through to install the story mode on steam? If I start the game up it won't let me play it as it is greyed out. If I select it from the store it launches the game and does nothing else. If I go to download it from the store it asks me if I have Steam and does nothing else.

I shouldn't be surprised at this point, I love the gameplay this game provides and not much else.

*Edit*

It says the story mode is in my library. What the fuck. -_-

*Edit2*

kk, finally got it. Why does this work this way I don't understand.

hamchan

I wonder if they've added anything in this patch to catch the one round survival mod.

Anyways I already threw them money for Hot Ryu and Bikini Karin to make up for all the easy fight money I got.

Mupod

I got to 29 survival on my first try with Balrog, then suddenly Necalli stopped falling for fullscreen low dash punches. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom