• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I wonder if they've added anything in this patch to catch the one round survival mod.

Anyways I already threw them money for Hot Ryu and Bikini Karin to make up for all the easy fight money I got.

They haven't. I honestly don't think they care.

Big Brett

waiting patiently for the online guide to update. I'm going to seriously learn Balrog. He is SO SICK. It'll be my first charge character but I've been practicing charge moves for a while now. Did all of his trials with relative ease.

Xeteh

What colors do you get beating normal with her?

Orange/Purple, Purple/Brown, Teal/Red

CmURKhjVIAUQZgK.jpg

Color 3 and 4

Color 5 and 6

Palom

I hate that stupid quote.
"That's how you start a fight and finish it quickly". Oh yeah? YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
Yeah... Laura's opening quote is poorly-translated. The "Boom" is supposed to be what that line is referring to. I'm guessing it probably makes sense in Japanese; maybe along the lines of "I'll come out attacking as fast as a 'boom,' and end it just as quickly." If it were me, I'd have gone for something like "I'll finish this faster than you can say 'Boom'!" Or, since she revolves around electricity, I probably would have opted for "zap" instead of "boom". But, then again we have wins and "loses". At least it isn't as bad as the Alpha 3 translation, I guess.

Finally beat Normal survival with Ibuki. I swear, it comes down to luck sometimes on how the AI reacts.
I really hope they do something to make survival more tolerable, because the AI is just atrocious. I made it through normal with Ibuki on the first try, and then immediately went through it again with her story mode outfit, and had level 26 Ryu parrying everything I did and punishing with 30%+ damage combos, then got screwed over with a Health Recovery Low to have Zangief open with a pixel-perfect SPD on a whiffed normal. They need to get rid of Health Recovery Low all together, increase the amount Attack and Defense buffs give (Attack 3 should be double damage, and Defense 3 should be half damage, IMO), get rid of the stun resist buff and replace it with something useful like an opponent health handicap, increased hitboxes, or whatever. Keep V-gauge between fights, and get rid of the god-awful button-reading AI. I can't believe it's 2016 and we still have button-reading AI. This is 1993 Mortal Kombat 2 levels of shit AI.

Dinjoralo

Don't know if it's true but I read earlier all the Dolls file names are just D01 D02 D03 etc but Decapre's is DCP.

That's not too weird to me,
since Decapre's the only one who's actually an important character.

I can't wait for her in season 2, BTW. I haven't gotten all the way through the story yet, but it seems obvious she'd be included with a much more fleshed out moveset.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, were we always 1 bar? I remember connections between us being fine before; I hope it's alright now.

Edit: Heh, yeah, this isn't going to work. I can either try hosting, or you could pick a different stage since I bet this one has a bunch of added latency online.

I don't even know how to read this.

Idk what the first column is. Second is the moves notation. 5 means standing and 2 means crouching. S is startup, R is recovery, no clue what T is. Hit, CH (Counterhit), BLK (Block) should be self explanatory. No idea about any of the rest. You'll see he lists multiples of the same move, and that's the frame date for each active frame. St.MK is listed three times, and that means it has 3 active frames. Hope this helps.

I don't even know how to read this.

The numbers represent stick positions mainly used in anime fighters. I'm sure you can figure out what the lp mp lk mk etc are. The first time you see the number and letter represents the first active frame of the move. That's why some have 2 lines with the same first column and other have 3 or more. The blk represents the advantage/disadvantage on block based on the active frame that hits and is where you'll get your data for meaty hits.

Edit: Shadow beat me. Typing on a phone is slow.

The numbers represent stick positions mainly used in anime fighters. I'm sure you can figure out what the lp mp lk mk etc are. The first time you see the number and letter represents the first active frame of the move. That's why some have 2 lines with the same first column and other have 3 or more. The blk represents the advantage/disadvantage on block based on the active frame that hits and is where you'll get your data for meaty hits.

Edit: Shadow beat me. Typing on a phone is slow.

All is good :p I thought of typing it on my phone, then I realized that would be a pain in the ass. Good shit for knowing how to read ToolAssisted's Gibberish tho. Any idea what the rest of the columns mean?

On another note, does anyone else thing that only allowing normal recovery off a sweep is fair? It would encourage the use of sweeps more imo.

Durden77

Oh man, not even gonna front...

When Guile yelled
"Charlie!" When fighting Abel, it got me a little bit. I thought they had written "Charlie" out completely and he was just Nash.

This story is perfect.

Kalentan

Trying Ibuki out. Really like her... But doing some of the trials I still have such a hard time doing any ability that requires moving on the analog stick in some fashion.

Like Kazekiri or Raida. I can't move the analog stick in such a motion and press the button at the same time to land it. I usually can get them to go off but only after enough attempts and so long as they're proceeded by nothing else.

All is good :p I thought of typing it on my phone, then I realized that would be a pain in the ass. Good shit for knowing how to read ToolAssisted's Gibberish tho. Any idea what the rest of the columns mean?

On another note, does anyone else thing that only allowing normal recovery off a sweep is fair? It would encourage the use of sweeps more imo.

T is total frames. The first red number is the damage the yellow next to it is stun. He shows the damage stun for Hit, Counter, and Block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom