• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menitta

I've tried so hard to link Ibuki's overhead to jab and into target combo, but now it's not working and probably isn't the best thing to do. I had it down earlier in training mode, but never in a match.

Oh good catch. One last thing, do you know what the H C B are for after the block frame data?

I believe that is for hitstop. But I could be wrong.

Also was toon lazy to get my stick out so I did balrog trials on a ps4 pad and am surprised I was able to get them all done in around 15mins. Haven't played with a pad in yearssss.

Xevren

For anyone having difficulty with ibuki in survival the AI is pretty free to her st mp>f mk overhead chain, just do that into st lk to lp raida. Dash in and do it again if they quick rise or delay the chain to keep it going, pretty easy stuff.

I tried a few times to remote play into my PS4 while at work today to make sure the update was downloading.

I get home, turns out my PS4 was completely off. I won't get to play it tonight since I'm leaving town for the weekend.

Profound Sadness :(

Option 2: bring my Vita TV with me or use my phone to remote in and deal with the quarter second lag.

So I have a theory about Nadeshiko.... I think she might actually be a ghost. Think about it- she can fly... she has no voice... and
in story mode she shows up in fights but is otherwise invisible to everyone else.

Don't know if it's true but I read earlier all the Dolls file names are just D01 D02 D03 etc but Decapre's is DCP.

If that's true then all the more reason we'll see this character show up rather soon.

So I have a theory about Nadeshiko.... I think she might actually be a ghost. Think about it- she can fly... she has no voice... and
in story mode she shows up in fights but is otherwise invisible to everyone else.

She has a voice.. she says I'll kick your ass in mika's intro, and she yells "mika" when you do the super.

KingBroly

Banned

R. Mika pushed her off the Titantron and she feels guilty over it.

Yeah, that's a really dumb WWE angle reference

She does speak she said "Mika go for it" in the super. but Its funny to think that mika has a ghost friend, but then again they are gettting by something

KingBroly

Banned
I'd say the story is a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. Good in some ways, bad in others. Some characters simply shouldn't be there. Don't like how
Camm'y side of things
was wrapped up, considering all that's going on there.

So many ragequitters today. :C

Yup, DC just after the KO will prevent the winner from getting points and a chance for a rematch. Then there is ProudNet just struggling with the amount of people online.

She's like a Camera Women from WWE.

cordy

Banned
How much money do I get for beating Story Mode? I only have 46k right now so I'm seeing what I'll be able to purchase once I beat it, haven't touched it yet. There's all these costumes and stages I haven't bought.

KingBroly

Banned
How much money do I get for beating Story Mode? I only have 46k right now so I'm seeing what I'll be able to purchase once I beat it, haven't touched it yet. There's all these costumes and stages I haven't bought.

30k for Normal
50k for Extra

Character Stories give you more in total, which is pretty disappointing.

I started the story mode tonight, it's very hammy and as a Street Fighter newbie I have no idea what's going on tbh but I'm enjoying it! Completed act 2.

It's cool seeing like Cammy and Chun just talking and looking badass together though :)

Mupod

I started the story mode tonight, it's very hammy and as a Street Fighter newbie I have no idea what's going on tbh but I'm enjoying it! Completed act 2.

It's cool seeing like Cammy and Chun just talking and looking badass together though :)

model swap every single character for Zangief and put it on youtube

HardRojo

Did the truck in the new York stage always say ssf V?

Seems like a clue to a second season?
Yep, that was always there.

Story Mode has some interesting tracks, stages and alternate stages that I hope we get to see somewhere down the line. Also, I hope they surprise us with Season 2 characters and don't go entirely with the obvious ones from the campaign.

FluxWaveZ

Turn around punch held for like 30-40 seconds. It's a pain in the ass to charge.

That explains it. Doesn't sound like a go-to strategy for the most part, then. The length of time is nuts.

He'll say either 1, 2, or 3 when you release it letting you know the level you charged it for.

Oh, I thought that was him counting where it was performed in a combo. So that's what that is. I'm pretty sure he says "BAM" when it's fully charged, though.

I'm typing all this while holding the buttons down.

NOOOO!!! I have waited so long for this game to get this update and when it does it won't start for me (steam). I don't know what to do, it worked fine before. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling, I turned my anti-virus off and my video drivers are up-to-date. Has anyone else had this issue? I just want to kick Bison in the mush!!!

Reposting question since no answer from a few pages back:

Any images of Alex/new character's 11-14 colors? Wanting to see what they are before I spend fight money on them.

nikos

Ugh, accidentally purchased Balrog with Fight Money right before I intended on purchasing the Season Pass. Feels bad, man.

Is there a combo list yet?

cordy

Banned
30k for Normal
50k for Extra

Thanks.

Just did the stories for Ibuki and Balrog and now I'll start General Story now. I really forgot some of these things are. I also did a few Casual matches and man I forgot that I don't get shit off those, I guess there's other avenues to get money but man the pricing still shocks me. No way am I going to get all of these costumes and colors like this.

HotHamBoy

30k for Normal
50k for Extra

Said this in another thread, but this is bullshit. I knew it would be like this. "Oh, you'll be able to buy all the characters with Fight Money!" Yeah. Technically. Good luck earning enough.

Right now there's 6x100k for characters, 3x70k for Stages, 4x40k for Alt Stages and 22x40k for Story Costumes.

I have 65k after buying a few story costumes a few months ago and I'm pretty fucking sure I bought the Airforce Base too, but it's telling me I still have to buy it. I think I got fucked out of 70k in FM, because I should definitely have more with all I've done.

But I can't be sure because I had put the game down for awhile. Not that there would be any recourse.

EDIT: oh right, don't forget the alt colors in the shop, too. And title cards, profile shit that you used to get just for playing.

Can't wait to grind survival for colors for all 22 characters to get each color for each costume! Of who some characters already have 4!

Hyun Sai

Reposting question since no answer from a few pages back:

Any images of Alex/new character's 11-14 colors? Wanting to see what they are before I spend fight money on them.

dawvRgg.png

The others are on the same page of the post.

JayEH

Said this in another thread, but this is bullshit. I knew it would be like this. "Oh, you'll be able to buy all the characters with Fight Money!" Yeah. Technically. Good luck earning enough.

Right now there's 6x100k for characters, 3x70k for Stages, 4x40k for Alt Stages and 22x40k for Sotry Costumes.

I have 65k after buying afew story costumes a few months ago and I'm pretty fucking sure I bought the Airforce Base too, but it's twlling me I still have to buy it. I think I got fucked out of 70k in FM, because I should definitely have more with all I've done.

But I can't be sure because I had put the game down for awhile. Not that there would be any recourse.

Well I mean they need people to buy dlc, they can't make it easy to buy all the content with FM. They need better ways to get FM though besides survival and the one time you can get them through story. Hopefully the daily challenges will alleviate that.

Finally broke and bought the game since the single player expansion was out and it was on sale. Turns out the single player story is still pretty shit on most accounts but at least I'm having fun with the gameplay. Not blowing my mind yet though. Some things feel off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom