• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

Well I mean they need people to buy dlc, they can't make it easy to buy all the content with FM. They need better ways to get FM though besides survival and the one time you can get them through story. Hopefully the daily challenges will alleviate that.

The FM is overpriced. 40k for the Story Costumes is insane, those should just be gratis when you complete the character's story.

They don't even sell colors 3-10 in shops, that's just fucking cruelty.

But KOFXIV is in August. I could buy the Season Pass for this or I could be halfway to KOF. Hmmmm.

Finally broke and bought the game since the single player expansion was out and it was on sale. Turns out the single player story is still pretty shit on most accounts but at least I'm having fun with the gameplay. Not blowing my mind yet though. Some things feel off.

Not really sure what you were expecting. SF has never been known for its steller story or SP modes. But I'll take the gameplay over Mortal Kombat's any day, if that's the trade.

JayEH

They really need to make it so you can listen to the stage theme online instead of the opponents character theme. All the hype is sucked out of Air Force base or Balrog's stage when you have to listen to Someone like Fang's theme.

The FM is overpriced. 40k for the Story Costumes is insane, those should just be gratis when you complete the character's story.

They don't even sell colors 3-10 in shops, that's just fucking cruelty.

But KOFXIV is in August. I could buy the Season Pass for this or I could be halfway to KOF. Hmmmm.

I agree the stages are especially over priced since some of them are just reused with no NPCs and time change.

I'm also looking forward to KOF.

NEO0MJ

So, how long will it take on average to gather enough fight money for a character based on how you guys are collecting FM? With GMG offering 25% off the season pass I'm kinda considering it. Not sure I can gather enough for more than three max.

jett

D-Member
Goddamn it I was hoping there would no more server issues tonight. These "loading" times are idiotic.

This game is just the gift that keeps on giving.

JayEH

So, how long does it take on average to gather enough fight money for a character? With GMG offering 25% off the season pass I'm kinda considering it.

You can get 2 characters for free if you do all the character stories and the general story. After that you'll have to grind out in the shit survival mode or be good at combos in trials. So it depends on how patient you are when it comes to cheap CPUs and combos.

Tbh I see no point in wasting FM on stages when you can still play on them online even if you haven't purchased them.

True but I like using them for training mode :p

RK9039

Goddamn it I was hoping there would no more server issues tonight. These "loading" times are idiotic.

This game is just the gift that keeps on giving.

And people said Crapcom will fix all the server/matchmaking problems with this update.

Nothing has changed.

Menitta

Just did Laura's survival mode. First time I actually put time into her. I legit feel like I'm about to fall asleep. I don't like her at all.

I did read it. Doesn't change my opinion that they should've added more value to the Season Pass.

"Should've" lol.
More value? Then it would've been more expensive.
It currently has 64 bucks worth of content in there for 30, season passes that give you more than a 50% discount on the content it has are extremely rare

sixghost

So what should my general gameplan be as Ibuki? I've been getting my ass beat and I can't really tell where her strengths are. I'm having a hard time getting in or punishing anything really. Her normals seems pretty bad.

HotHamBoy

Tbh I see no point in wasting FM on stages when you can still play on them online even if you haven't purchased them.

In mind, if one does feel inclined to buy the pass, the stages might be the best use of FM. If you play local a lot, anyway. But maybe people prefer story mode costumes, i dunno. Half are essential, like Guile's and especially Ken's, but a lot are pretty bad.

Speaking of playing local, I know a lot people only buy the DLC characters they plan to actually use, but I like to have the full roster for local play.

Like, let's not forget that Local VS is still the best way to experience fighting games, especially in groups. And it sucks pretty bad when you can't use your main.

SephLuis

So what should my general gameplan be as Ibuki? I've been getting my ass beat and I can't really tell where her strengths are. I'm having a hard time getting in or punishing anything really. Her normals seems pretty bad.

I am not getting her until the next month when I buy the season pass, but I was playing with a friend that was trying to use her.

Her strengths are on mix-up and resets. She is fast and she can break almost any defense pretty quickly. The resets also take a lot of damage if the opponent falls in the them.

I don't think we will see any solid Ibuki for some time, that is, until people start developing said mix-ups and resets for actual matches.

Tripon

For all you lore people:
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130201.html
matsudake.jpg

fabio.jpg

laura.jpg

sean.jpg

kinjiro.jpg

yuichiro.jpg

brenda.jpg

enzo.jpg

manuela.jpg

SephLuis

I kinda wish we could see Fabio fighting to see how it differs from Laura style.

It's also interesting that everyone in the family but Sean and Enzo have common brazilian names.

bumpkin

I'm thinking about getting the season pass, but I want to know, does it give me anything I can't get with Fight Money?

Does having the season pass render Fight Money completely useless as far as unlocks are concerned?

Tripon

I'm thinking about getting the season pass, but I want to know, does it give me anything I can't get with Fight Money?

Does having the season pass render Fight Money completely useless as far as unlocks are concerned?

The preninum outfits for the DLC characters. Those can't be bought with Fight money.

Season pass gets you six DLC characters which can be bought with FM, six premium costumes for the DLC characters that can't be bought with FM, and Guile's stage which can be bought with FM. It doesn't render it useless tho since you can use FM to buy the other stages, colors for costumes, story costumes, titles, and themes and there's plenty to buy in there.

Premium costumes = only real money
colours, titles, profiles = only fight money

Everything else can be bought by either.

New002

So, how long will it take on average to gather enough fight money for a character based on how you guys are collecting FM? With GMG offering 25% off the season pass I'm kinda considering it. Not sure I can gather enough for more than three max.

Why am I not seeing the 25% off? >_>

Momentary

Banned
Are the servers acting wonky for people. Long pauses, errors, no match (Casual) history coming up, etc?

I'm in the San Diego area, using a hardline, with some BOMB ass internet. Game's netcode is still kind of janky.

Zackat

Are the servers acting wonky for people. Long pauses, errors, no match (Casual) history coming up, etc?

I'm in the San Diego area, using a hardline, with some BOMB ass internet. Game's netcode is still kind of janky.

a LOT of people are playing right now. This lag is due to the servers being jammed full I would wager.

SephLuis

Going by steam stats, there are 6x more people playing than usual. The issues is probably because the servers are getting hammered.

I am actually surprised they are handling this very well with this increase. I played some battle lounge today and only had one disconnect.

Cranking up about 300000 fm is very doable, just by completing easy survival and ect. Buying all the characters would only be possible for a dedicated player tho, and leaves nothing for extras.
So, season pass if you want a healthy chunk of stuff, or just fm if you just want a couple things.

Thought I bought Alex with FM already but he's locked.
Say fuck it and buy the season pass. Accidentally hit purchase Alex out of habit of selecting him. S I bought him when I just moments before bough the season pass RIP 100k.

How mcuh can you get through the new story anyways? And any word on dailys or is that idea dead.

Afrikan

When it says that unable to connect to server error stuff after a match, does that mean my win doesn't count? It has happened a few times now.

anyway besides that, does GAF have an Tournaments? or do yall get together for matches? I check the Gaf Community on PS4 but it seems like no one plays anything...lol. might be a glitch.

Just got back into the game and I'm looking for fun matches.

PSN - Afrikan

I've lost 15 in a row to this balrog in lounge. I'm doing random select but he feels like he can just do whatever and win. It's probably because I don't know any damage with these random characters I'm getting.

Cranking up about 300000 fm is very doable, just by completing easy survival and ect. Buying all the characters would only be possible for a dedicated player tho, and leaves nothing for extras.
So, season pass if you want a healthy chunk of stuff, or just fm if you just want a couple things.

I've gotten 569.400 fight money just by beating every story mode, all the challenges except karin, all the easy survival and half the normal survivals. And a little ranked, but not a significant amount.

I did buy two stages, ibuki and some colors and titles and only have 264400 left, so getting all the dlc characters is gonna be tight. 260k is enough for the other three available now so I don't really have to grind until another character drops which is nice.

So am I. It's nice to know another fellow SFV player close to me.

On another note, I was...maybe still am hoping to add Juri to my team. I just finished story mode and died on purpose multiple times during her parts. I'm not sure how I feel about her moves though. I'm trying to remember if Nash was fun for me or not when I was learning him at first.

I don't like needing to set up a move in order to use a move for the same reason I don't care for charge characters. I just want to be free and do what I please as much as possible, not worry about if I have a move charged or pre-loaded up in order to use it. Other than that, she's got some great stuff.

We'll see.

lupinko

I bought:

Battle Cammy
Swimsuit Karin
Battle Laura

I have a question, how do you check character experience status? With each level up you get 1000 FM, and does replaying Survival from easy to hard besides giving you colours for other costumes, does it give your character experience points?

I'm on PS4 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom