• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I just beat the story mode twice, did the trials survivals etc for the new characters but the matchmaking was kinda slow. I just chalked it up to the servers being wonky and went to bed.

How's everyone else's matchmaking experience been so far?

I bought:

Battle Cammy
Swimsuit Karin
Battle Laura

I have a question, how do you check character experience status? With each level up you get 1000 FM, and does replaying Survival from easy to hard besides giving you colours for other costumes, does it give your character experience points?

I'm on PS4 btw.
Pick the character as your preferred character in battle settings, then check your character profile. That's the easiest way.

Every offline mode gives FM the first time you do it online. Every subsequent time, it doesn't give anything. Playing through survival the first time with a character give FM and XP but the second and third time doesn't give that, only unlocks colours for the costumes you used.

EDIT: And Regarding the costumes, I'm just gonna wait for a pack. If they release a genuinely good costume for FANG or Birdie, then I'll snag it up but there's not point for me to pay 4$ a piece for costumes for characters that I'll never use.

Are SRK's forums down? I just wanted to check them out for a bit for day one stuff on Ibuki and Balrog, and they don't seem to actually be there anymore, lol.

Just remember, characters are actually about the same cost as stages. You get an easy 30k fight money per character just by finishing their story, trials and easy/normal survival. Anything beyond that in survival or ranked matches and they cost less than stages.

My god capcom is such a fucking waste .
So i decide to play some rank today after a good while.
First it took forever to get into matches and when i won the game did not give me FM or exp .
This happen for 8 plus games so i just say fuck it .
Online is such a joke in this game after so many months .

EDIT to add getting colors still fucking sucks .

lupinko

So yesterday I just beat the story mode twice, did the trials survivals etc for the new characters but the matchmaking was kinda slow. I just chalked it up to the servers being wonky and went to bed.

How's everyone else's matchmaking experience been so far?

Pick the character as your preferred character in battle settings, then check your character profile. That's the easiest way.

Every offline mode gives FM the first time you do it online. Every subsequent time, it doesn't give anything. Playing through survival the first time with a character give FM and XP but the second and third time doesn't give that, only unlocks colours for the costumes you used.

EDIT: And Regarding the costumes, I'm just gonna wait for a pack. If they release a genuinely good costume for FANG or Birdie, then I'll snag it up but there's not point for me to pay 4$ a piece for costumes for characters that I'll never use.

Yah that's a bummer on the extra experience. For the costumes I'm going to wait for sales on characters that I don't frequently use.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208936213]I've gotten 569.400 fight money just by beating every story mode, all the challenges except karin, all the easy survival and half the normal survivals. And a little ranked, but not a significant amount.

I did buy two stages, ibuki and some colors and titles and only have 264400 left, so getting all the dlc characters is gonna be tight. 260k is enough for the other three available now so I don't really have to grind until another character drops which is nice.[/QUOTE]

I'm really having trouble talking myself out of the season pass. The worst thing is, I have more than eough fm for everything I want if I get the characters that way. Wish there was some middle option here.

SSReborn

First it took forever to get into matches and when i won the game did not give me FM or exp .

You're are getting your FM and xp it's just not reflecting after the match finishes. You will notice your kp has either gone up and down in the next match.

Maybe it's the lag but I'm having a stupid hard time punishing balrog. Just throws out every move in the book without fear.

All his rush punches are around -4 on block. If you have a quick poke like ryu's sLK you can get decent damage.

If you finished the matches the exp and FM will update later. Happens sometimes with the servers syncing up.

You're are getting your FM and xp it's just not reflecting after the match finishes. You will notice your kp has either gone up and down in the next match.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208937995] If you finished the matches the exp and FM will update later. Happens sometimes with the servers syncing up.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks , that is good to know .
Cause that error was really getting to me .

After getting a taste of the 2 remaining DLC characters, I now have faith in Capcom.

Whatever they might fuck up in the future, the characters are not going to be one of them.

BRING ON E.HONDA!

Xevren

I'm doing fine as Ibuki...until balrog comes on. Dealing with him has been a complete nightmare, mainly just because his normals are godly.

Any pics of Balrog's colors?
This album has the colors for Ibuki and Balrog. It doesn't have the colors for the story alts though.

Here's colours 11-15, courtesy of Mistah Garrett Hawke.

0PmQo9C.png

SSReborn

Is ranked broken for everyone right now?
In what sense? With regards to it sending match results or not finding matches in general? If the former yeah, but it still sends your match results, you'll notice that it does go up and down when you look at the lp in your next battle. If the latter I'm not sure.

In what sense? With regards to it sending match results or not finding matches in general? If the former yeah, but it still sends your match results, you'll notice that it does go up and down when you look at the lp in your next battle. If the latter I'm not sure.
Yes, the former. Only one match in about 6 right now has gone through. It sucks because the one that went through lost me a bit of lp, but still...

Maligna

Banned
Oh man. Juri is awesome. Miss her dive kick though.

Her V-skill looks awesome but I think it's super punishable. I wonder when the best times to use it are. I wish you could cancel it while you're charging it too.

Quesa

Oh man. Juri is awesome. Miss her dive kick though.

Her V-skill looks awesome but I think it's super punishable. I wonder when the best times to use it are. I wish you could cancel it while you're charging it too.
You can, I think, with a dash.

Done with rank for the night .
Even when the FM and EXP get add later on seeing error 80001 and 40001 annoying me.

Also think i going to play juri in this game she looks awesome .

LowParry

Doesn't the Season Pass carry over into secondary accounts on the PS4? For some reason it's not showing, making you purchase characters.

Doesn't the Season Pass carry over into secondary accounts on the PS4? For some reason it's not showing, making you purchase characters.

Normally, DLC does. But your PSN Id is tied to your Capcom ID so no sharing of DLC. Only the account that owns the DLC can use it.

mbpm1

Relax guys, looks like you need a counterhit or you don't get anything big from it

But...it has me feeling nostalgic lmao

Zerojul

I'm gonna start playing in an hour or so. Please be nice Capcom Servers.
It's my birthday afterall.
Happy
birthday !

So trying Ibuki made me realise that I have the habit of holding my buttons down after an attack, leading me to throw all my kunais away for nothing from time to time. It's harder to get rid of this habit than it could seem :(

Happy
birthday !

So trying Ibuki made me realise that I have the habit of holding my buttons down after an attack, leading me to throw all my kunais away for nothing from time to time. It's harder to get rid of this habit than it could seem :(
Thanks!

Don't know what to tell you other than practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom