• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Whats a good, relatively cheap ps4 stick? I can feel my ds4 starting to fall apart from my button bashing and am thinking about learning how to play on stick.

Love these costumes and stage.

3159B465C1F3304FB989806E2F4EABDCD62BB220

lupinko

Here's a general PS4 question, any way for the PS4 to detect different controllers? Like not counting the DS4.

Like I can't log into two accounts with two different sticks (Saturn adapter and HRAPV). If you press the PS button it just switches over to said controller.

wow numbers were THIS low on PC before? god damn

that's about what it was on USFIV too. and it sold 700k copies. FGs don't usually have lot of concurrent players. But fortunately all you need is 2 people to get a match going. Even with 1k online on PC and 1k online on PS4 thats still 1k matches going any given time(theoretically).

wow numbers were THIS low on PC before? god damn

That's just how many players are playing the same time though, not the total amount of unique players. As in if you have 6000 concurrent players over 24 hours, that could easily be 50k unique players.

i think most of my damage with ibuki was done via throws. pretty embarassing. until that turtle balrog teched everything. damn him.

oh yea, finished all her trials. not too hard imo. gonna do balrog today.

So matchmaking is now launch month levels of slow for me. Damn it.

Last Saturday was the fastest it's ever been. I was getting matches every 2 minutes or so for hours.

Skilletor

Man, I think ibuki sucks, but worse than that she's boring as fuck. I quit in the middle of a ft5 because it was so boring, and now I'm playing on tilt because, once again, I hate how my favorite character plays.

Fuck.

So damn sad.

FluxWaveZ

How are you liking Balrog?

He's great! Really fun. It's been hard to detach myself from a lot of my Mika habits, and generally adjust my playstyle appropriately, but that'll iron itself eventually as I get used to a more "orthodox" character.

The only match I played against another as Balrog was the one I had with you, and those were interesting. Made me get a better sense of what is safe and what isn't with the character.

Man, I think ibuki sucks, but worse than that she's boring as fuck. I quit in the middle of a ft5 because it was so boring, and now I'm playing on tilt because, once again, I hate how my favorite character plays.

Fuck.

So damn sad.

She sure looks dynamic and cool, though.

Fuck.

So damn sad.
I'm sorry to hear that, always sucks when a character you think you'll like doesn't quite gel with you.

wohooo just beat extreme/hell survival mode
damn that was intense, the final battle against ryu was pure adrenalin. shit I can't believe I beat him, with only 1% of health. suddenly that platinum trophy is achievable. As a reward I'ma gonna buy Ibuki/Balrog and maybe that Karin swimsuite too

fuckin unbelievable

Edzi

damn that was intense, the final battle against ryu was pure adrenalin. shit I can't believe I beat him, with only 1% of health. suddenly that platinum trophy is achievable. As a reward I'ma gonna buy Ibuki and maybe that Karin swimsuite too

fuckin unbelievable

I can't believe you did that to yourself.

damn that was intense, the final battle against ryu was pure adrenalin. shit I can't believe I beat him, with only 1% of health. suddenly that platinum trophy is achievable. As a reward I'ma gonna buy Ibuki and maybe that Karin swimsuite too

fuckin unbelievable
Are you human?
Or a PC player?

damn that was intense, the final battle against ryu was pure adrenalin. shit I can't believe I beat him, with only 1% of health. suddenly that platinum trophy is achievable. As a reward I'ma gonna buy Ibuki/Balrog and maybe that Karin swimsuite too

fuckin unbelievable

idon'tbelieveyou.gif

Started up Story Mode Extra tonight to get that FM, having a hell of a time with the Dhalsim/Necalli fight. Any cheap shit I can abuse for this? I have no idea how to use Sim.

Edgeward

Is anyone having performance issues on PC? Seems like the FPS takes dips in battle online even when I bumped it down to medium.

Skilletor

She seems like one of the most technical characters yet. Maybe that's turning some players off.

Nope, that's what I love about her. I don't think there's anything technical about bomb mixups. It's the same shit everybody has been complaining about with Mika, but suddenly it's cool now because ninja, and none of that 'dynamism' is apparent until she has vtrig.

I'm going to wait to see how she evolves. I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing anything that gives me confidence in that.

fuckin unbelievable

Congrats, that fight money/xp you get is pretty beefy.

idon'tbelieveyou.gif

it took me 42 minutes of srk spam with ken.

Started up Story Mode Extra tonight to get that FM, having a hell of a time with the Dhalsim/Necalli fight. Any cheap shit I can abuse for this? I have no idea how to use Sim.

mk/mp

Nope, that's what I love about her. I don't think there's anything technical about bomb mixups. It's the same shit everybody has been complaining a out with Mika, but suddenly my it's cool now, and none of that dynamism is apparent until she has vtrig.

I'm going to wait to see how she evolves. I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing anything that gives me confidence in that.

Agreed. To me she seems like she relies to heavily on having her vtrigger to get anything going which is a character design flaw in my eyes. Until she has vtrigger ready she seems kind of "boring" to me.

I don't know if this is mentioned already, but I got a US SFV with the US season pass, but I'm playing on an Australian account, and Version 1.04 seems to have locked out the DLC characters.

EDIT> clarified something.

I don't know if this is mentioned already, but I got a US SFV with the season pass on an Australian account and Version 1.04 seems to have locked out the DLC characters.
Dlc isn't sharable in this game. The reason they're now locked out is because Alex and Guile were free for everybody but now that the ingame shop is here, they need to be bought with either fm or real money.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm going to have a really hard time with Extra difficulty if my health is halved the entire way.
Not to mention the PC trainer is useless for all fights where you are Player 2.

So yeah, gonna have to do this the old fashioned way.

I'm going to have a really hard time with Extra difficulty if my health is halved the entire way.
Not to mention the PC trainer is useless for all fights where you are Player 2.

So yeah, gonna have to do this the old fashioned way.
The way our forefathers did it.

Was so excited for Ibuki but she's just not fun. Neutral game sucks and feel like her buttons just lose to everything. The only real time she does damage is with v trigger or using meter.
I'm so sad.
Hopefully someone like Sako can come up with something to get me excited.

I can't get a match that isn't either Ibuki or Balrog and all stages appear to have been pulled from the game except for the beach level.

Not complaining though. I welcome the fresh matchups and I have yet to lose at all today.

Just had my first match against online. Against another Aussie. Man this game does not have great NetCode. At all.

I remember reading on reddit, an Aussie player said the connecting port for Aussie players is like somewhere in Euro 1100 miles away...don't know if it was true..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom