• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Ugh. I forgot how much I hate Chun-Li players who do the whole constant crouching thing. I can just never beat it. There's just something about it that they always counter me and such.

Edgeward

Balrog does ridiculous damage. He can take the last 40+ percent of your life with v trigger and super. And his high/low is real good for now since he can combo off of both of them

cordy

Banned
They really made me wanna play Balrog and never in any SF game have I ever wanted to play this dude, since 2T. Man, dude's a monster. That's one thing I love about this game. Every single character is dope enough that I actually wanna play them to a degree. Well, most characters. I'm still not a fan of Birdie.

RedAssedApe

Banned

makes me think of
latest

Was so excited for Ibuki but she's just not fun. Neutral game sucks and feel like her buttons just lose to everything. The only real time she does damage is with v trigger or using meter.
I'm so sad.
Hopefully someone like Sako can come up with something to get me excited.
Why don't you come up with something?

The birdie vs gief matchup is so depressing. So tough to keep him out of the air with those ridiculously long normals of his and unless the gief is impatient even playing a solid ground game isn't enough.

Tizoc

They gave Boxer TWO themes?
Can I just say that this is the first time I've ever been interested in playing him?

I wanna get good at this game so bad but my execution is just doodoo. DS4 users help me out :/
Practice. Practice. Then just for the hell of it, practice some more.

Man. That Kanzuki beach stage is pretty annoying. Lighting is awful and the water is just flat out annoying.

Finished the story. It was really fun to see all the characters interacting in a cinematic experience. Excited to see what Capcom does next (assuming it does happen in this game)

Xevren

I really like the moonlight cove stage (think that is what it is called). Still not sure how I feel on Ibuki overall, doing ok with her just kind of eh on her moveset in general.

Kashiwaba

I wanna get good at this game so bad but my execution is just doodoo. DS4 users help me out :/

Personally when I'm playing using DS4 or any other controller i stay away from charging characters stick to the basic ones like Ryu or ken...etc but again I've seen people who are very good with charge characters using DS4

JayEH

Go into training mode and just practice. If you have trouble throwing fireballs do 10 fireballs each side in a row. Do the same for any move or combo you have trouble with. Make sure to put input display on to see where you mess up.

Steroyd

Interesting, Ibuki's lp > mp part of the target combo can be a frame trap if you delay it slightly creating mind fuckeries, previous iterations off Ibuki's lk > mk > hk target combo has been replaced with st. mp > dwn Hk > Hk, which feels absolutely fucking weird, I feel crippled with the neutral game though not finding anything that combo's off a cr mk is foreign to me lol.

Non of her normals have range and the ones that do move her forward, lol going to have to constantly get in the opponents face and mix shit up.

KingBroly

Banned
I need some Birdie combos so I can beat this Doll with the Gun. Or some cheap tricks. I've gotten close, but when she gets below 20% she takes some speed pills or something and becomes insane.

I need some Birdie combos so I can beat this Doll with the Gun. Or some cheap tricks. I've gotten close, but when she gets below 20% she takes some speed pills or something and becomes insane.

Keep throwing the can and do medium chain. qcf+mk

cr.mp or st.mp xx qcf+mp is his BnB.

Don't try to grab her cause she'll always avoid it. Try to meaty her with your f+hk overhead or the regular st.hk

Steroyd

Keep throwing the can and do medium chain. qcf+mk

cr.mp or st.mp xx qcf+mp is his BnB.

Don't try to grab her cause she'll always avoid it. Try to meaty her with your f+hk overhead or the regular st.hk

If it's on extra the ai does some next level bullshit like walking into a banana and blocking it or landing on a can and a blocking, twas some grade A bullshit, had to mk and cr hp my way to victory.

100k fight money per character. WTF!?
What's the fastest way to get fight money?

Also anyone wanna play?
PSNID: BumblebeeCody

Character story mode, Trials and Demonstrations, and Easy Survival. Normal and Hard depends on how much you wanna grind or sit through a horribly designed mode.

And the Dlc characters have them too so the cost overall is reduced.

Character story mode, Trials and Demonstrations, and Easy Survival. Normal and Hard depends on how much you wanna grind or sit through a horribly designed mode.

And the Dlc characters have them too so the cost overall is reduced.
Eh done all of those. I was hoping someone found an easy money farming trick.

Thanks anyway. Can you keep doing survival to get money?

if you buy a character, you can almost get all your FM back by doing their trials/challenges/easy/normal/hard survival and ranking them up to 35-40.

-_-

It’s something at least lol...

I haven’t done it with anyone but Ken

Steroyd

Eh done all of those. I was hoping someone found an easy money farming trick.

Thanks anyway. Can you keep doing survival to get money?

Nope it's one and done unless your fave character has an alt costume you want more colours for...

...Remember when colours unlocked just by using a character so many times? I miss those days.

Hueytothe

The birdie vs gief matchup is so depressing. So tough to keep him out of the air with those ridiculously long normals of his and unless the gief is impatient even playing a solid ground game isn't enough.
This match up is in Birdie's favor though
put the banana down and anti air him with cr.mp or cr.hp

This match up is in Birdie's favor though
put the banana down and anti air him with cr.mp or cr.hp
I'll give you the banana but his jump ins are surprisingly difficult to properly anti air with cr.mp.

Need to put some more time in to the match up though. Giefs are rare enough as it is.

pixelish

gamerbee posted on facebook yesterday regarding ibuki. it's in mandarin but someone in my local fgc fb group has translated gamerbee's post

After Kindevu and I researched IBUKI for a certain period, we concluded that she is not strong, so my dream of changing character has been ended T.T I will write down another detailed observation later on because I have insufficient time to digest it.

Pro:
Fast walk spead
3 frame and mid attack can combo
Good cross-up on J+MK
Good anti-air on B+MP, and great target combo

Cons:
Low HP (900)
Low damage
A lot of tricks but not much decisive damage or advantage
Low damage + limited kunai, hard to restock
Looks like V-Skill and V-Trigger are great to use, but the rules of using it are not easy and not much damage

From my experience after playing Ibuki in training with Ryu (in Kanzuki beach), she relies a lot on guessing (VT bomb, qcf K for setup throw, cross side damage or cross-up) and rushdown since she no longer can zone people out due to limited kunai unlike SF4 and low damage.

Her normals are quite short but fast. Found out that her best normals are B-MP, F-MK and F-HK. Her F-MK and F-HK can go through fireball and F-MK is a cancellable mid attack, F-HK can create CC and cancel into dp-K or CA, but dp-K setup not as good as Ken since her dp-K does not have invicibility (except EX ver).

Her target combo are pretty much for hit confirm since she has 2 main target combos (LP-MP-HP and LP-MP-LK). The first one is primary TC and unsafe on block (unless recovering from VT), but rewarding since the TC can cancel into almost everything. The second one if the first combo blocked by opponent on MP and not cancellable.

Her kunai, is shitty (to be frank). Limited kunai, her restock has big recovery frame, and freaking vulnerable to fireballs or even Necalli's VSkill. So just use kunai as cancelling opponent's anti air when jumping forward. Kunai damage is pathetic too.

She has a few options for anti-air. Her dp-K and B-MP are the main option, but dp-K is not invisible.

V-Skill is similar to Karin, but Ibuki has better options in dealing with fireball like F-MK and F-HK. Her df-MK can go through fireballs but unsafe on block.

V-Trigger is one of her best moves too. She can do Jumping HP, LP, MP, HP, VT (1 sec bomb), HP, dp-MK, bomb blast, CA (which cost you about 514 damage) or (ex-dp-K if you're saving meter). Her bomb can also do cross side guessing or setup throw. Bomb is also destructible by throwing kunai at it. Not sure whether or not throwing will cause a bomb blast.

In conclusion, Ibuki is not a beginner character as she relies on setup, rushdown and must be good in hit confirming, otherwise you will be easily hurt due to her ridiculously low 900 HP. If you play her like SF4, good luck. But, she is still fun to play till the point where I can't stop playing her since yesterday.

Suitable for players who like rushdown + mixup and hate fireball games.

Xevren

Some corner stuff with ibuki and vtrigger

Once I saw you can do vskill into vtrigger while vtrigger is activated and still have plenty of time to meaty it's been fun to mess around with. Unless they have a dp that moves them massively forward (or just super through it lol) the bomb can hit them if they do a normal dp which is pretty cool.

It's the best when you can see when someone runs out of ideas.

That feeling when you have someone pretty much cornered and they can't do anything to get out of the corner. Every move is getting blocked, every jump is getting AA'd and punished and every throw is being tech'ed.

giphy.gif

so I haven't touched this game in months and I'm looking to get back into it with this update. are 8 man lobbies in the game now? and how active is the neogaf community?

T.O.P

Banned
I'm also gettin a LOT of matches with 5 bar connection that end up being a laggy mess

Even more than before the patch :(

jwillenn

I'm late to the party, but I am seriously loving Ibuki. Balrog is cool too, but I've already put in more time getting my feet wet with Ibuki. It's funny how the trials kind of promote less optimal options at times. Best example I have now is how her 5th trial has you crush counter (HK) into Ex Raida. Well, why waste the meter doing Ex Raida when you can get more for less by simply comboing into H.Raida off St. Fierce following the crush? I don't see why anyone would EVER use Ex Raida after the crush.

Edit:
I guess with that trial they don't care if you do neutral RH or forward RH to crush. If you do forward, then it would make sense to use Ex Raida since you couldn't get the Fierce to H.Raida followup.

Edit again:
Nope! They actually want you to do STANDING/NEUTRAL RH, not FORWARD RH. So yeah... what animlboogy said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom