• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to make it so you can listen to the stage theme online instead of the opponents character theme. All the hype is sucked out of Air Force base or Balrog's stage when you have to listen to Someone like Fang's theme.

I agree the stages are especially over priced since some of them are just reused with no NPCs and time change.

I'm also looking forward to KOF.

You can tho. Just go to options and set it up. I've had it that way since launch day.

BadWolf

I thought I'd like her but I realize she's not really my playstyle. Mika and Juri are more my wavelength.

Yeah I tried her yesterday and had fun with her (while pressing a billion buttons) but switched back to Mika for a bit and making people taste the rainbow felt so good.

Houndi101

Lab work and watching YT how-to and competition videos.

Also pick Rashidooooooooooooo there's so few of that poor nerd playing on-line.

Welp, I'm getting some bad flashbacks, apparently it doesn't natively support Hori Rap4 so I would have to look into joy2key stuff etc... What a bummer..
My PC never supported my MadCatz TE2 either... Why does this keep happening.

Zackat

Welp, I'm getting some bad flashbacks, apparently it doesn't natively support Hori Rap4 so I would have to look into joy2key stuff etc... What a bummer..
My PC never supported my MadCatz TE2 either... Why does this keep happening.
Madcatz put out a driver for the te2 actually. Works good.

BadWolf

『Inaba Resident』;208970044 said:
Looking at his command list, final Urien might be able to just throw out Aegis for one bar of V-Meter

Without filling all bars first? That will give him an unfair advantage over the rest of the cast, since all of them have to wait for 2 or 3 bars to fill before they can use VT.

Without filling all bars first? That will give him an unfair advantage over the rest of the cast, since all of them have to wait for 2 or 3 bars to fill before they can use VT.

Yep, that's what it implies at least. Notice how it's listed under special moves
8NyrWvX.png

There's another one under the V-System section but it takes the full 3 bars. Probably has something to do with his original look considering how the model is hidden under the current one like Necalli. Probably some type of install.

Or it could mean nothing since he isn't finished. Either way, I'm curious to see how he turns out

EDIT: Actually, Ibuki has something similar listed for her bombs. False alarm.

hwateber

*Ono climbs on to the stage*

"HARRO EVERYONE, PREASE ENJOY THE TRAIRER!"

*Awesome trailer showing a badass Sagat*

" OK, SOMETHING DIFFERENT THIS TIME EVERYONE! INSTEAD OF SHORYUKEN, WE WIRR DO TIGER UPPERCUT!!!"

*Whole crowd and Ono does tiger punch and Ono takes a photo, commemorating a new day with the first EVO that was proper E-Sports and featured a brand new Street FIghter game!"
Damn, I read this in Ono's voice and it actually sounds really plausible lol.

Spent my fight money on balrog and need to save up for ibuki now. Really loving the way he plays so far

So every version of Birdie's Command Grab is grab-invincible, not just the EX one.

In V-Trigger, all versions of bull-head have armor, including EX. Regular bullhorn has armour for the first 2 frames. EX Bullhorn has 2 hits of armor rather than one.

If I wasn't playing this character before, I surely am NOW!

Moaradin

Disconnected from the game server in the middle of story mode.

This game deserves to fail.

At least it isn't survival and you have to start from the beginning. The checkpoints in the story mode are pretty generous. Probably only lost like a minute or two of progress.

kirblar

So every version of Birdie's Command Grab is grab-invincible, not just the EX one.

In V-Trigger, all versions of bull-head have armor, including EX. Regular bullhorn has armour for the first 2 frames. EX Bullhorn has 2 hits of armor rather than one.

If I wasn't playing this character before, I surely am NOW!
Wait, it has armor on wakeup in V-Trigger? (It doesn't normally)

Just like in 4, you can punish Balrog's Dash Punch. Except maybe the kick version because how fast it comes out.

giphy.gif

I gave up on frame data with throws. Sometimes they are and some times they aren't

I gave up on frame data with throws. Sometimes they are and some times they aren't

Only 2 characters have Command grabs in this game that are throw invincible. Zangief's EX SPD, and every version of Birdie's Command grab.

No Command Grab has any armour in this game.

Not that difficult to remember.

I know that in my hearts of hearts that Urien is the one for me.

Balrog is fine but I need to get off the jab fighter 4 shit.

Ibuki could be fun but I'm garbage with her.

So far I feel like sticking with Alex, Balrog, Urien when he arrives, Nash, and Laura. Maybe a pocket Ryu when I feel like winning.

Only 2 characters have Command grabs in this game that are throw invincible. Zangief's EX SPD, and every version of Birdie's Command grab.

No Command Grab has any armour in this game.

Not that difficult to remember.

Only his EX C.Throw is throw invincible. All the other version can be grabbed during it's start up. It's hard to react but it's doable.

Lol who was the one who said there would be no more negative SFV threads :p

Most of the threads are just complaining about arbitrary stuff, but this is one issue I can get behind. Online has been a horrible experience for me for the past 2 days. Just a week ago, it was working perfectly.
Only his EX C.Throw is throw invincible. All the other version can be grabbed during it's start up. It's hard to react but it's doable.
If you're right, that means FAT is an unreliable piece of shit that I won't use again.

jett

D-Member
At least it isn't survival and you have to start from the beginning. The checkpoints in the story mode are pretty generous. Probably only lost like a minute or two of progress.

It's just... It's been five months. Did Capcom never actually fix their server issues? Did it only seem that way because people stopped playing? :p

Huh? You can't, unless the option is behind some kind of Capcpom code I'm not privy to.

Yeah, you can. As stated before, I've been using the stage music during online since forever. At least in battle lounge. I honestly can't remember if it's the same in ranked or casual, as I don't play those as often # but I'm sure there was the option to select between that and well.

Yeah, you can. As stated before, I've been using the stage music during online since forever. At least in battle lounge. I honestly can't remember if it's the same in ranked or casual, as I don't play those as often # but I'm sure there was the option to select between that and well.

Dude, there is no character themes in Battle lounge, only stage music.

Inversely, there is no stage music in Matchmaking, only character themes.

You'd think this is a simple option to add to the game but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom