• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laputa_94

So despite owning multiple fighting games for years and wanting to get into them I never had the internet to support it, but now I finally do so I picked up the game yesterday. I currently am trying to learn Bison (Dictator) and was wondering if you guys had some advice or could lead me to a helpful source to learn him along with other characters.

Neoxon

So despite owning multiple fighting games for years and wanting to get into them I never had the internet to support it, but now I finally do so I picked up the game yesterday. I currently am trying to learn Bison (Dictator) and was wondering if you guys had some advice or could lead me to a helpful source to learn him along with other characters.
For starters, download the V-Frames app. It's a huge help in terms of knowing how quickly your moves come out & if they're safe on block. Also, go look up some YouTube videos on Bison, you should be able to find stuff ranging from combo videos to actual matches using the Dictator. This was a big help for me concerning Karin (who I only messed around with back during the Alpha 3 days). Of course, if you want to fight any of us, let us know in this thread. More likely than not, there's someone else on GAF looking to get a few sets in.

Only 2 characters have Command grabs in this game that are throw invincible. Zangief's EX SPD, and every version of Birdie's Command grab.

No Command Grab has any armour in this game.

Not that difficult to remember.

You're forgetting about Gief's running grab that does have armour in EX.

Yooooooooooooo. I'm extremely happy with Urien. I was really worried as to how they would bring him over and they've done it the best way possible. Aegis reflector, same moveset, old win pose retooled into CA that removes his clothes, great model, fantastic animations, etc. He is extremely faithful to the original design.

Would someone mind explaining to me how I can tell if Juri's V trigger is working properly? Still trying to fix it.

Her normals chain together when V-Trigger is active

Xeteh

Capcom's official character guides, they haven't done them for Guile, Ibuki or Balrog yet.

Bafael's BnB guides for all characters.

Laputa_94

For starters, download the V-Frames app. It's a huge help in terms of knowing how quickly your moves come out & if they're safe on block. Also, go look up some YouTube videos on Bison, you should be able to find stuff ranging from combo videos to actual matches using the Dictator. This was a big help for me concerning Karin (who I only messed around with back during the Alpha 3 days). Of course, if you want to fight any of us, let us know in this thread. More likely than not, there's someone else on GAF looking to get a few sets in.

Capcom's official character guides, they haven't done them for Guile, Ibuki or Balrog yet.

Alright thanks. I would have never known of that app. I certainty would be down for matches in the near future. Though I may not fair out too well, but thats just a part of learning.

Neoxon

This, too. Capcom already did one for Bison, so you should be good on that front. Though overall, Capcom's own guides are a fantastic starting point for anyone looking to pick up a new character.

Neoxon

Alright thanks. I would have never known of that app. I certainty would be down for matches in the near future. Though I may not fair out too well, but thats just a part of learning.
As someone who has been into fighting games since I was 3, the "Trial By Fire" way of learning has worked for me more often than not. As scary as it may be, sometimes you just have to throw yourself into a fight to truly pick up a character. This is why I suggested fighting fellow GAFers, so you won't put your League Points on the line while getting the hang of a character. Of course, you can achieve a similar result with Casual Matches, but you can actually get pointers if you ask for it by coming to us.

Producer

At this point i wouldnt sweat it too much if the app is too much info to digest. Just play, watch some vids, maybe do the in game demonstrations and trials for bison to get a feel for the character.

Neoxon

『Inaba Resident』;208976677 said:
Yooooooooooooo. I'm extremely happy with Urien. I was really worried as to how they would bring him over and they've done it the best way possible. Aegis reflector, same moveset, old win pose retooled into CA that removes his clothes, great model, fantastic animations, etc. He is extremely faithful to the original design.
Here's the thing, the Critical Art we saw as of now is just the chip animation. There's actually a cinematic that's not done, yet (which may be what triggers Naked Urien).

Xeteh

Ibuki normal survival took me ages, more than for F.A.N.G. Guess she's definitely not for me.

She took me 4 tries, I still have her ugly premium to do too.

I want to learn her until Juri comes out but I'm realizing that the fast mixup characters that I like probably aren't the characters I should be playing.

Hmm okay, is there any other indicator? Like any visual ones?

Her eye glows.

BiggNife

Anyone know any good tips for playing against Rog? I'm playing as Vega but I'd be fine with just general advice.

I feel like this matchup is probably 50/50 for Vega but I just don't know which moves to punish yet and Rog is the kind of character that can make you pay for pushing buttons.

Neoxon

That's a pretty clever way to go about it. And it makes more sense that the massive burst of energy caused his clothes to rip rather than he just flexed very hard.
That's what I was thinking. It makes total sense that Urien's own power would be too much for his designer suit to handle.

Here's the thing, the Critical Art we saw as of now is just the chip animation. There's actually a cinematic that's not done, yet (which may be what triggers Naked Urien).

obama-sweating-2-e1427916038978.jpg
i need urien now

Neoxon

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Illuminati's tailor is one rich fucking person.
He'd have to be in order to make Urien a new suit every single match.

Thanks Xeteh
Could you check if you can find any clue of what we can expect from Urien's Critical Art cinematic that wasn't already found in this video? I'm curious to see if the energy pillar is what makes Urien go naked or if the actual cinematic is the one that does it.

mbpm1

Does that work without a counter hit on the shuriken? I can't get it to work without it.

Pretty sure no, which is why it's allowed in.

I think it's going to be relevant only in chip situations fortunately. Or unfortunately for people nostalgic for some cheapness

Could you check if you can find any clue of what we can expect from Urien's Critical Art cinematic that wasn't already found in this video? I'm curious to see if the energy pillar is what makes Urien go naked or if the actual cinematic is the one that does it.
Where does that cinematic happen in the game? Does it happen in Story Mode or something?

I'd pay £5 for a all unlocked colour DLC, that unlocked all colours for all costumes for all characters, if a character or costume comes out later, that too gets all colours unlocked automatically. Dont wanna do survival at all anymore.

Neoxon

Scratch that, it looks like they just put Urien's model on top of Bison. But the fact that Urien goes naked at the end of the Critical Art does show that Urien's finished Critical Art will do the same.

Durden77

Just finished story. Loved it. Was smiling pretty much the entire time, and you can tell they really put in a lot of effort with the assets they have.

Can you find a way to trigger that with Urien's existing Critical Art? I feel like Capcom turned it off for the Story Mode for the sake of consistency for the cutscene after the fight.
I'll have a look once I see about Juri and also grab a screen of Kanzuki beach for that person that asked a few pages back :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom