• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Seph. The connection was better than last time I fought against you, at least. Chun-Li... well, it's Chun-Li. One of the characters I have the most trouble against.

SephLuis

Thanks for the matches everyone.

In the last few fights I didn't lost as fast as the beginning, but I am still unsure if it was me or if the lag was troubling you guys -_-

Any tips for my game ? Did I even evolved something between matches ?

Anyway, GGs and hope we can train again.

What specifically is giving you trouble?

I don't know how to deal with his st.lp anti-air when i try to cross-up and his j.lk stuffs all my anti-airs when he jumps on top of me.

Most of all the oki is killing me. Almost all of Ryu's combo-enders leave him plus on Laura's wake-up where I'm forced to take a 50-50 guess of a throw or a combo and i end up eating like 4 throws in a row because there's no way in hell im taking a 50% combo from Ryu because i pressed a button on wake-up.

Mediking

I don't know how to deal with his st.lp anti-air when i try to cross-up and his j.lk stuffs all my anti-airs when he jumps on top of me.

Most of all the oki is killing me. Almost all of Ryu's combo-enders leave him plus on Laura's wake-up where I'm forced to take a 50-50 guess of a throw or a combo and i end up eating like 4 throws in a row because there's no way in hell im taking a 50% combo from Ryu because i pressed a button on wake-up.

image.php

Where is your avatar from...?

Your shoryiken throw type move counters any jumping attack and see my previous post for what to do on getup v ryu

Also, every characters st.lp counters jump ins

st.LP is just a really good anti air and you're gonna want to avoid jumping from a distance where he can react with it because then he's at advantage on your air recovery to go for a basic mixup and laura doesn't have a real hit invincible option to gamble with other than super. With the wakeup thing all I can say is that Ryu has some of the best meaty throw setups in the game so sometimes you want to opt for no recovery instead of quick rising. Because then he has to go for a manually timed meaty,

While it's not as strong as in 4 delayed tech is also an option. Just very tight do to properly. And the jump back tech OS.

cHaotix8

Thanks for the matches everyone.

In the last few fights I didn't lost as fast as the beginning, but I am still unsure if it was me or if the lag was troubling you guys -_-

Any tips for my game ? Did I even evolved something between matches ?

Anyway, GGs and hope we can train again.

GG's! Early on you got in the habit of activating V-Trigger then doing cr jab to overhead, which I neutral jumped. Later on you started changing it up which is how you started getting more damage on me. Also, I have a habit of walking forward at the beginning of the round and you caught on to that by tagging me with st rh, lol.

I think focus more on trying to incorporate instant air legs to get in and work on anti air. Jumping is the main reason I won.

Xeteh

There's no doubt he's good but there has been a lot of shade thrown on him after Redbull for that performance lol.

For sure. The LAN atmosphere is so different then online. I watched him play a FT10 with Cobelcog, and he's up there with the best Cammy players I've seen in SFV. After 4 rounds, they were 2-2. At the end of the FT10 it was 10-2. Alioune just blew him up. His skill is intense, give him a couple of LANs to settle his nerves.

He legit killed me off three touches in the final round. Greanted, he used a super, but still lol

Where's muh streeeeem?

SephLuis

GG's! Early on you got in the habit of activating V-Trigger then doing cr jab to overhead, which I neutral jumped. Later on you started changing it up which is how you started getting more damage on me. Also, I have a habit of walking forward at the beginning of the round and you caught on to that by tagging me with st rh, lol.

I think focus more on trying to incorporate instant air legs to get in and work on anti air. Jumping is the main reason I won.

Got it. At least it makes me happy that I got a little better.

Will try to practice more on those points. Thanks.

Guys tomorrow around 7 I'm gonna start another room. We got real strong players now, lots of Gd matches.

if Moradin comes back well have a full house lol...

mbpm1

For sure. The LAN atmosphere is so different then online. I watched him play a FT10 with Cobelcog, and he's up there with the best Cammy players I've seen in SFV. After 4 rounds, they were 2-2. At the end of the FT10 it was 10-2. Alioune just blew him up. His skill is intense, give him a couple of LANs to settle his nerves.

Ya he beat some of the best players around back when there was ESGN and it was a lounge type invitational.

image.php

Where is your avatar from...?

Character from Melty Blood/Tsukhime.

Your shoryiken throw type move counters any jumping attack and see my previous post for what to do on getup v ryu

Also, every characters st.lp counters jump ins

laura is among the worst characters in the game IMO, just fyi. avoid using her overhead somersault kick as its easily punishable for high damage. also dont just throw up her energy shield at medium distances as you will get jump punished. her dashing elbow(not punishable on block) into normal into dashing elbow into normal can draw out a dragon punch so mix in blocks with that string and punish. use her energy shield after knock downs and mix in throws, cross ups etc. she also has a tricky crossup combo using her energy shield as a juggle that can draw out dragon punches. her and ryu both have shitty normals with shitty range so they mostly just trade in that aspect. when being pressured by ryu always just crouch block and keep your fingers ready to tech throw. ryu has no good way to break it since his overhead is absolute garbage. it has the most distinct, telegraphed animation in the entire game and you have like a second to just throw him out of it. thats for any character actually. always just crouch guard v ryu and be ready to throw and he cant hurt you.

It's tough because i get thrown meaty on wake up 4 times in a row so crouch guarding doesn't exactly work and I'm way too paranoid to take the risk of eating a 50% combo because i tried to tech the throw on wake up.

st.LP is just a really good anti air and you're gonna want to avoid jumping from a distance where he can react with it because then he's at advantage on your air recovery to go for a basic mixup and laura doesn't have a real hit invincible option to gamble with other than super. With the wakeup thing all I can say is that Ryu has some of the best meaty throw setups in the game so sometimes you want to opt for no recovery instead of quick rising. Because then he has to go for a manually timed meaty,

While it's not as strong as in 4 delayed tech is also an option. Just very tight do to properly. And the jump back tech OS.

Delay get up might be a smart idea to ocassionally throw off the timing.

Might also just have to consider picking up a second character that matches up better with characters like Ryu and Chun. Laura got some of the most fucked up match ups in the game outside of Gief.

FluxWaveZ

Christ, cHaotix8, this is impossible. One small mistake and I'm dead, and you have the defense of a robot. I can't break through, though I'm trying my 100% (or at least my 90% 'cause I've been playing all day) and it just isn't working. I'm at such a freaking loss as to what to do... it's not even quite MU knowledge, but you're just a player who's on another level than I am.

Maybe it's just not the kind of skill I can develop only by playing online...

GGs, though. I think you're the best player in our community right now by far.

It's tough because i get thrown meaty on wake up 4 times in a row so crouch guarding doesn't exactly work and I'm way too paranoid to take the risk of eating a 50% combo because i tried to tech the throw on wake up.

Delay get up might be a smart idea to ocassionally throw off the timing.

Might also just have to consider picking up a second character that matches up better with characters like Ryu and Chun. Laura got some of the most fucked up match ups in the game outside of Gief.

What do you mean thrown meaty. You only tech throw if he goes for a throw. You have more time than you think. Keep your fingers right over the buttons

cHaotix8

Christ, cHaotix8, this is impossible. One small mistake and I'm dead, and you have the defense of a robot. I can't break through, though I'm trying my 100% (or at least my 90% 'cause I've been playing all day) and it just isn't working. I'm at such a freaking loss as to what to do... it's not even quite MU knowledge, but you're just a player who's on another level than I am.

Maybe it's just not the kind of skill I can develop only by playing online...

GGs, though. I think you're the best player in our community right now by far.

GG's Flux. Thanks for the praise, but I'm sure there's people in here around or past my skill level, they just don't post much lol.

Yeah, Karin can take advantages of mistakes hard so you really have to be on point against her. One thing I notice you're not taking advantage of are the blocked Tenkos. Those are -10, so anytime I guess wrong on a cr MK or drop a combo you should get a free clap combo or command throw guaranteed. The recovery frames are kind of weird though so you should practice it in training mode to get it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom