• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait how do you get color 15? Is that the Japan only color bullshit?

Get to level 50 for the character.

Colors 1,2: Unlocked by Default

Color 3: Unlocked by Easy Survival

Colors 4,5,6: Unlocked by Normal Survival

Colors 7,8,9,10: Unlocked by Hard Survival

Colors 11,12,13,14,(15): Unlocked by buying in shop.

Extra Color: Currently JP only.

Unlocking Colors for the Shop:

Color 11: Unlocked by Default

Color 12: Reach level 5 (with a character)

Color 13: Reach level 10

Color 14: Reach level 25

Color 15: Reach level 50

Skab

you need to get to level 50 with the character

Get to level 50 for the character.

Colors 1,2: Unlocked by Default

Color 3: Unlocked by Easy Survival

Colors 4,5,6: Unlocked by Normal Survival

Colors 7,8,9,10: Unlocked by Hard Survival

Colors 11,12,13,14,(15): Unlocked by buying in shop.

Extra Color: Currently JP only.

Unlocking Colors for the Shop:

Color 11: Unlocked by Default

Color 12: Reach level 5 (with a character)

Color 13: Reach level 10

Color 14: Reach level 25

Color 15: Reach level 50

Gotcha, thanks

AlanOC91

Trying to use R.Mika but getting my ass handed to me. Can't get any grabs off. Opponent hits me out of doing it every single time.

Can manage a throw here or there with a follow up combo if they bounce off the screen but that's it.

Really wanna get good with her but her moves seem to get countered constantly by fast paced opponents :(

Kunai is -2 on block. Why is this a limited resource, again?
You realize that that's already way better than other fireballs, right? Not to mention that Kunai have the fastest travel speed of any projectile in the game and a shit ton of variations including being the only aerial projectile.

I honestly think you're just looking for excuses to shit on a powerful character because she doesn't fit your concept of her and it's starting to come off as disingenuous.

LegendX48

Oh man, first time playing online in months and first person I get paired with is playing Ibuki and their ultra bronze like me... and I win 2/3

Feels good man

I get anti aired so often from it
Im honestly not trying to be an ass when I say stop jumping.

Quoting a post I made earlier.
Bison REALLY isn't that difficult to deal with to be honest.

Every single time you see him dash, press a medium button. As FANG, I press cr.mk. As Birdie, I press either st.mp or st.lk.

Both his grab and his HK have startup so unless your reactions are completely shot or the connection is a laggy mess, there are ways to get a button or a move out beforehand to counter anything he might try to do. And you might even get a Counter hit off of it.

Once your entirely focused on countering the dash, you start to realize that Bison doesn't really have that many good ways of getting in. He can capitalize on a mistake sure, but it's pretty damn difficult for Bison to break through a solid defense.

EDIT: and really, don't press buttons after his st.hk or df.hp. St.hk is +3 oB, and df.hp is +1 oB. Respect this man's normals. Bison has arguably the best normals in the game. Not the furthest reaching ones possibly, but definitely the safest and with the very good hit/hurtboxes.

Asd202

Balrog seems fucking stupid strong man. Like, I have no idea how to tackle him. All his shit is safe and he has a great AA

I remember Combofiend saying his defence is not that good, he's got big hurt boxes and his normals aren't all that safe. I could be wrong though :p.

Bunch of Frame data for Balrog:

LP Straight: -4
MP Straight: -6
HP Straight: At least -7

V-Trigger Cancels:

LP Straight: On Block: -2/ On hit: +3
MP Straight: OB: -5/ OH: +3
HP Straight: OB: -5/ OH: +4

St.LK: +3
Cr.LK: +4
St.MP: +10
Cr.MP: +10
St.MK: +10
Cr.MK: +8
St.HP: +5
Cr.HP: +7
St.HK: At least +11
Cr.HK: +6

St.MK>MP: +7

St.LK>MK: +4
St.LK>MK>HK: +7

Cr.MK>MK: +4 or +5

V-Skill Punch: OB: +9 or +10/ OH: At least +11
V-Skill Kick: OB: +6/ OH: At least +11

Anything not specified is on block.

Trickster

Im honestly not trying to be an ass when I say stop jumping.

Quoting a post I made earlier.

Why do people assume that pointing out that jumping in on a character can be hard, means jumping in is all they try?

And I'm talking about Balrog, not Bison

I remember Combofiend saying his defence is not that good, he's got big hurt boxes and his normals aren't all that safe. I could be wrong though :p.

I dunno what Combofiend has said, all I can do is judge based on my own experience. And in my experience, Balrog is an iron fortress when he's not pounding my face in. His normals might be unsafe, though honestly they have so long range that my normals can't hit him after blocking.

I swear, the only times I've ever seen you post here are to complain.

And I swear you're the guy that would often quote some of my posts just to point this out. Meanwhile everytime I simply asked for advice on a matchup I would not really get a response.

Skilletor

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209069716]You realize that that's already way better than other fireballs, right? Not to mention that Kunai have the fastest travel speed of any projectile in the game and a shit ton of variations including being the only aerial projectile.

I honestly think you're just looking for excuses to shit on a powerful character because she doesn't fit your concept of her and it's starting to come off as disingenuous.[/QUOTE]

/shrug

Whatever.

Said my piece. Won't bother talking anymore about it.

Why do people assume that pointing out that jumping in on a character can be hard, means jumping in is all they try?

And I'm talking about Balrog, not Bison

I dunno what Combofiend has said, all I can do is judge based on my own experience. And in my experience, Balrog is an iron fortress when he's not pounding my face in. His normals might be unsafe, though honestly they have so long range that my normals can't hit him after blocking.

And I swear you're the guy that would often quote some of my posts just to point this out. Meanwhile everytime I simply asked for advice on a matchup I would not really get a response.
Oh fuck me, I thought you meant Bison. Sorry that is genuinely my bad.

Trickster

Oh fuck me, I thought you meant Bison. Sorry that is genuinely my bad.

No probs man, I could probably use your post for Bison too, though right now Balrog is so much more common to run into

It's one of the worst AA imo. He has strong offense but no wake up options and bad defense.

See this is where I get confused. Why do you think his AA is bad? The Balrogs I've fought seem to use it to swat me out of the air easily. And his defense seem strong as hell. He can just sit there and throw out normals and charge punches that I can't punish.

JayEH

Balrog's AAs are very limited in their range but he fucking owns that space.

I trade a lot and it doesn't stop cross ups. Maybe I'm not using properly but it didn't seem that good when I've played with him. I also very rarely use stand strong maybe that's my problem.

I trade a lot and it doesn't stop cross ups. Maybe I'm not using properly but it didn't seem that good when I've played with him. I also very rarely use stand strong maybe that's my problem.
Yeah, they're not great for crossups or if the enemy is going to land in front of you. Like I said, limited range.

No probs man, I could probably use your post for Bison too, though right now Balrog is so much more common to run into

See this is where I get confused. Why do you think his AA is bad? The Balrogs I've fought seem to use it to swat me out of the air easily. And his defense seem strong as hell. He can just sit there and throw out normals and charge punches that I can't punish.
his dash punch is at least -4 on block so almost every light attack can hit him. As Mika, if you have any combos that can start from a jab, do it.

As a Mika, respect his normals. Against grapplers and brawlers in general, his normals are a serious threat. Balrog on defense can be scary.

What does his V skill do when his skin turns black?

Adds one hit of armor to his next charge special.

Reposting for top of page:

Bunch of Frame data for Balrog:

LP Straight: -4
MP Straight: -6
HP Straight: At least -7

V-Trigger Cancels:

LP Straight: On Block: -2/ On hit: +3
MP Straight: OB: -5/ OH: +3
HP Straight: OB: -5/ OH: +4

St.LK: +3
Cr.LK: +4
St.MP: +10
Cr.MP: +10
St.MK: +10
Cr.MK: +8
St.HP: +5
Cr.HP: +7
St.HK: At least +11
Cr.HK: +6

St.MK>MP: +7

St.LK>MK: +4
St.LK>MK>HK: +7

Cr.MK>MK: +4 or +5

V-Skill Punch: OB: +9 or +10/ OH: At least +11
V-Skill Kick: OB: +6/ OH: At least +11

Anything not specified is on block.

Skilletor

+10 s.mp on block surely can't be right.

Target combos being + on block has to be wrong, too, right? Lol

Edit: oh, vtrig cancels, I see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom