• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

About to head to bed. But would love to hear what Mika can do agains't a Laura once she starts doing her offense mixup game. Just lost 3 bo3 in a row to some 6k Laura where I just felt powerless the entire time.

Sigmaah

Whoever I'm playing gimme a sec be back in like a minute

Yo I dunno where that came from, let's play again later I'm tryna fight that ibuki

LegendX48

Finally got through normal survival with Laura again for her battle alt colors. I don't care about the fact that this was probably my best run of that mode ever, I can't help but feel angry about my victory >.>

El Sloth

Banned
Question for Rog players, old and new; what buttons do you usually hold down for TAP? Which buttons do you give up in neutral? On block? etc.

Just curious because I've been messing around with Rog and man do I really like the way he feels. The character is sick. I've never played Rog before, so this is my first time using TAP. I'm still not really sure in which situations I should and shouldn't be charging it.

Laputa_94

The struggle of trying to learn combos. I trying to get the hang of combos with Bison (Dictator) I have the motions down I believe, but I assume its a timing issue. The main one I have been trying to get a hang of is: HK, cr. MP xx MK Scissor Kick I have landed it a few times, but no where near reliable yet.

MrCarter

Ibuki is really good and it's only day three! I know she doesn't play like her SFIV-Vortex self but if she did then that would just be boring and lack any sort of imaginination from Capcom. Yes, I know she doesn't have her spinning kicks (which I miss) or neck-breaker but I believe she still has all the tools to be a powerful character in this game. Let's not be negative about a character that doesn't fit out exact needs, instead let's be clever and learn to adapt to change.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, apparently people are more concerned about the stage instead of what is happening in front of it.
I always felt like the training stage is there to help you learn distances etc, but that help shouldn't be there in a real match. Maybe that's just me.

I just watched Mike and Gooey excellent adventures, that Gief player was soooo fun to watch. Seeing them flustered is so funny. When they do the long range SPD it triggers me, that animation teleport. Hope Snake eyes unleashes the Gief in evo.

I just watched Mike and Gooey excellent adventures, that Gief player was soooo fun to watch. Seeing them flustered is so funny. When they do the long range SPD it triggers me, that animation teleport. Hope Snake eyes unleashes the Gief in evo.

Isn't Snake Eyez mostly rolling with Alex and Ryu now? I haven't paid much attention to the competitive scene in the past few months, but that's where it seemed like he was heading.

FluxWaveZ

Are others also only getting players that are around their level in Ranked/Casual match-making?

That's been the case for me 100% of the time since the update, which is really surprising. It's good to know they at least fixed something like that on the online front.

Man I swear every single win I get is either error'd or I get ragequit on. Never happens with my losses though. I guess I'm not lucky enough for that.

I appreciate matchmaking being fixed point-wise, but it still doesn't seem like they've gotten what a 5-bar connection is down yet. SFV ranked is suffering.

Kamek

FUCK :'( I ordered the Season Pass and put it on my brother's PSN account because we usually buy all the stuff on his, and now I have none of the characters on my account. I didn't realize this would happen.

I made a terrible mistake and meant to post it in this thread and not in the Story Mode thread. Just a heads up to everyone on the above :'(

I didn't realize DLC worked like this because I don't usually get it.

Xeteh

wow rog sucks.

i'm already getting basically half my moveset parried and the gimmicks around his v-skill are basically free to holding back and blocking

I can't believe your day 4 Balrog isn't up to par. Shut it down.

Damn I can't really do any Ibuki bomb combos but she is so fun to play. I really like her premium costume.

I've been learning some vtrigger stuff but it makes me overthink it right now... and I think you might be the only one that likes her battle costume lol

I've been destroyed by Gold players in lobbies today. I won a few clutch matches, but overall today has been a massive disappointment. Alex feels like garbage compared to Ibuki and Rog. Feels like I wasted six dollars.
wow rog sucks.

i'm already getting basically half my moveset parried and the gimmicks around his v-skill are basically free to holding back and blocking
Losing to the top tier character in the game who has a parry V-skill is not proof that Balrog sucks. He is probably the most tournament ready DLC character to date.

Edzi

Remember when people deemed Necalli low tier? My stubby normals.

I remember getting into arguments with people about how he wasn't terrible. Good times.

Speaking of tiers, I've never understood why Gief was considered low tier. He consistently out pokes me, parries with flex into SPD constantly, and then once you're down 50% he just dashes up or empty jumps into an instant super. Oh, and don't even get me started on how BS his V-Trigger feels.

mbpm1

Got back into the groove a bit with Rog. Shook some of the rust off, and I think I am now back to a semi consistent..Silver level.

Oh well, better than nothing.

Rog is hella fun either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom