• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerojul

Does anyone one know when the daily challenges are supposed to be released? Haven't heard any word on that in a while...
No. I guess they might keep em for an update after the last two chars for season 1 are released to make a little buzz before kicking off season 2 but I'm certainly wrong.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209107582]Nash's dash is fine. He's a low health, low damage character with no 3-frame or invincible moves and bad walk speed. His dash is his gameplan. It's not like you can't play around it. It's also fine that his super anti airs because his anti airs in general are situational and he uses more meter to anti air people than most of the cast as it is.

These are strong options, but they don't exist outside of the game's limits. In fact, reducing Nash's dash in speed or range only further homogenizes a cast that is looking desperately for variety in playstyle.

The only option of Nash that I consider anywhere near busted is his cMK.[/QUOTE]
It's not the speed that's the problem, it's that the startup is invisible.

He's got a billion ways of landing the super already.

GUYS, GUYS!!

I got my first salty message on PSN today!! I am one of you now!! I was playing Birdie and he was playing Cammy. He won the first match and then I won the second match by turtling more. And when I won the first round of the third match, he just starting taunting and DPing.

ccwd6Ii.jpg

His "temporary solution" was just crouching a distance from me and hoping I threw out a normal and then whiff punish it. Problem is, You can't whiff punish Birdie's normals when they hit you or when you block them.

Marvel

could never
Christ Fang is hard to use in a real match. Keep panicking aha

I'm all "Yeah this shit in the lab is hotness" then just get bopped in seconds.

Zerojul

GUYS, GUYS!!

I got my first salty message on PSN today!! I am one of you now!! I was playing Birdie and he was playing Cammy. He won the first match and then I won the second match by turtling more. And when I won the first round of the third match, he just starting taunting and DPing.

His "temporary solution" was just crouching a distance from me and hoping I threw out a normal and then whiff punish it. Problem is, You can't whiff punish Birdie's normals when they hit you or when you block them.
My personal favorite was this guy asking me to "stop teleporting like a little bitch" when I was playing Sim against a Ken that would always jump back to hadoken. So hilarious I literally had to stop playing for a while.

My personal favorite was this guy asking me to "stop teleporting like a little bitch" when I was playing Sim against a Ken that would always jump back to hadoken. So hilarious I literally had to stop playing for a while.
That's good lol :D
Christ Fang is hard to use in a real match. Keep panicking aha

I'm all "Yeah this shit in the lab is hotness" then just get bopped in seconds.
Yeah, FANG is quite a technical character and a lot of his setups can fall apart with stuff like DPs, or if the opponent chooses not to press a button.

BlizzKrut

Banned
And I found him again lol, also the mod seems to make the guy RQ at the beginning of the second round so I don't even know why he's playing with Urien in ranked at all.

guys, I know this a noob question, obviuosly but here goes anyway: why the hell bison name is vega on japanese? what's the mixup on the villain side?

guys, I know this a noob question, obviuosly but here goes anyway: why the hell bison name is vega on japanese? what's the mixup on the villain side?

Stolen from GameFAQs forum.

"Here's the story, when USA Capcom ported the game to the U.S. they decided to switch M. Bison name with Balrog because they were afraid they were going to get sued by Mike Tyson. M. Bison ( Boxer) is Mike from the orginal Street Fighter 1."

Vega is also known as Claw.

M.Bison is also known as Dictator.

Balrog is also known as Boxer.

These names make it easier for people used to the game from different regions to not get confused.

Zerojul

Worst thing about this name switch thing is that those characters are now so well established both in and ouside of Japan that we're stuck with the confusion forever (at least while Shadaloo is still around) :p

Of all the characters in the game, I think Ryu is the one in most need of major nerfs. It's not enough to just buff characters up to match him, because I think there's a legit problem with the way he's built. He has zero weaknesses, mostly safe buttons, a 3 frame jab that acts as a perfect AA defense, an air lk that beats out most ground normals and acts as a crossup, crazy damage, a fireball, a parry, and an invincible DP. All this combines to make his optimal gameplan crazy rushdown, which doesn't seem fitting for the character.

The only nerf Ryu needs as well as some characters is the Jab AA, J.LK( The same for Laura with the absurd hitbox) and reducing non ex Dragon Punch's invincibility. They are invincible against everything. It nullifies Cr.MP xx Fireballs without wasting any meter. The only character who can pass through Cr.MP xx Fireballs without any meter use is Zangief with the Lariat and Guile's Flash Kick. While everyone else either has to spend meter to get their own invincible reversal or hold down blocking.

I have no problem slowing down my play style but Dragon Punch by itself is too good of a move. Making Medium Dragon Punch 5f doesn't really help either. I don't remember DP being this good in SF4 and I couldn't M.Sting with Decapre whenever Ryu goes for Cr.MP xx Fireball.

His Parry probably needs a buff. It shouldn't get counter hit.

lupinko

The Capcom USA names really don't work. It doesn't help that to this day Balrog is the Crazy Buffalo and all his moves are all Buffalo / Bull / Bison named.

Spanish name aside, Vega as Balrog works since Balrogs are tall, lanky, scary monsters. What's Vega with the mask on with claw? A tall, lanky, scary monster.

And Bison as Vega is whatever, but you know what they say about the Spanish Inquisition...

The names as they are now are fine because it's been too long, same applies to Gouki/Akuma, which makes no sense really. Gouki made more sense since he is Gouken's brother. Also you literally lose the reference when Akuma becomes Oni, since the Ki 鬼 in Gouki 豪鬼 is also read as Oni by itself.

Oni can be translated as demon, but these kinds of demons in traditional Japanese folklore are more like ogres.

The localized name of Akuma 悪魔 is basically a demon of the Abrahamic religion kind, which is really different.

Way to go Capcom USA! But they own SF now and without their constant pushing of SF we wouldn't have the franchise still since Capcom Japan has no clue on how to run their company anymore outside of failed attempts at mobile, Nintendo moneyhats for Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney and Resident Evil games. So it's a lose-lose anyway you look at it.

Zerojul

I believe you just have to earn 1 mil, you can spend it and itll still count. I remember seeing a poster give proof.
Yeah. I sure hope so because I got all of the new and alt stages and my stack of fm took a huge hit lol.
Now that I think about it I have to beat extreme survival if I want to get the plat, which I'll probably never do so that doesn't matter so much if I never get that particular trophy either.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah. I sure hope so because I got all of the new and alt stages and my stack of fm took a huge hit lol.
Now that I think about it I have to beat extreme survival if I want to get the plat, which I'll probably never do so that doesn't matter so much if I never get that particular trophy either.
But then you could be the .4 percent!

Quesa

I watched a leaderboard replay that was supposed to be Ryu Vs. Laura but forgot I had the mod that swapped him for Juri. Weird things happened, like a third round after Laura won the first two matches.

Stolen from GameFAQs forum.

"Here's the story, when USA Capcom ported the game to the U.S. they decided to switch M. Bison name with Balrog because they were afraid they were going to get sued by Mike Tyson. M. Bison ( Boxer) is Mike from the orginal Street Fighter 1."

Vega is also known as Claw.

M.Bison is also known as Dictator.

Balrog is also known as Boxer.

These names make it easier for people used to the game from different regions to not get confused.

thanks bro
learn something new everyday in this thread

If I had a nickel...

:)

yeah, I know, never been dedicated SF fan before SFV :)
long time MK fan lol

Scotia

Banned
Decide to play online for the first time in weeks and I get a lvl.8 Ryu. I then proceed to have one of the laggiest matches of my life where the guy could get to the other side of the screen within half a second due to just buggy teleporting and does this while spamming random hadokens for the entire match. There was nothing I can do to stop it so I end up losing. Probably not going to bother with online for awhile.

fresquito

Decide to play online for the first time in weeks and I get a lvl.8 Ryu. I then proceed to have one of the laggiest matches of my life where the guy could get to the other side of the screen within half a second due to just buggy teleporting and does this while spamming random hadokens for the entire match. There was nothing I can do to stop it so I end up losing. Probably not going to bother with online for awhile.
You should always tick the ask first option. The online automated filter is terrible.

Im guessing that dude was playing on WiFi. I don't think there's a whole lot capcom can do regarding idiots.

I hope you won't let that experience sour online for you but it's your choice.

fresquito

Im guessing that dude was playing on WiFi. I don't think there's a whole lot capcom can do regarding idiots.

Well, they can have a log for the connection in the last five mins and pair people accordingly. You are a wifi warrior? Ok, good luck finding matches that are more than one or two bars. What it does now is take a sample of the moment, so it may be good now, but not 10 secs later.

Scotia

Banned

I'm not a big online player anyway so one laggy match isn't going to make me stay away forever. I'll just go on when I'm in the mood. That match just cut my mood short is all.

LakeEarth

Still waiting on Capcom to fix Survival before trying to get the Extreme trophy. If I get the 1 million FM trophy before they do, I'll bite the bullet and sacrifice a few hours of my time to try to repeatedly SRK to victory.

Also need to sacrifice some time to watch 50 replays. Sounds more fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom