• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresquito

Still waiting on Capcom to fix Survival before trying to get the Extreme trophy. If I get the 1 million FM trophy before they do, I'll bite the bullet and sacrifice a few hours of my time to try to repeatedly SRK to victory.

Also need to sacrifice some time to watch 50 replays. Sounds more fun though.
If you are on PC, mods are your friends.

Skab

In case of doubt, the answer is never turtle, lol:

And I try not to. But when you have a Karin or a Laura or a Ryu just constantly going ham on you, I just dont see what hes supposed to do outside of v-reversal. And even then it's like, ok, I got them off me, but it only takes a slight opening for them to immediately get back on top of you, and now you're in the same position as before just without the v-guage and you're fucked.

Granted, I know trying to block some of their mixups online is going to be harder than usual, but still.

It's just really frustrating when you're trying to learn the match ups, and you just get turned into a training dummy and never have the chance of learning anything.

Oh crap, I just beat Zangief's V-Trigger with Birdie's F.HP

It hit me, got blocked by the armor and then I hit Zangief. I think both of us were really startled by that.

Xeteh

I know there's a ton of other things Capcom's time would be better spent on but I'd really enjoy being able to create/share trials for different characters. I legitimately enjoy going through old trials for characters I like and being able to mix it up would be fun.

Also for those that care, Balrog's info is up on the Prima Guide now.

fresquito

And I try not to. But when you have a Karin or a Laura or a Ryu just constantly going ham on you, I just dont see what hes supposed to do outside of v-reversal. And even then it's like, ok, I got them off me, but it only takes a slight opening for them to immediately get back on top of you, and now you're in the same position as before just without the v-guage and you're fucked.

Granted, I know trying to block some of their mixups online is going to be harder than usual, but still.

It's just really frustrating when you're trying to learn match ups and you just get turned into a training dummy and never have the chance of learning anything.
Oh, but you have ways to learn, even in defeat. in fact, in defeat is when you will potentially learn most.

I can help you with Karin, as I main her. She has really bad antiair options, so, unless you jump in the most predictable ways, you can probably start pressuring her from the air. Most angle attacks from Karin can be countered by vertical jumping, so, whenever you are in a position where she can start doing her stuff, do it and punish hard. She doesn't have great reversal tools, so, once you start pressuring her, she either needs to burn V-Trigger or Ex through Rashenha, which you can read and punish hard.

I find hard to fight against good Bisons because his high mobility and his tricky jump (he's got a lot of air to air priority as well, which makes my antiair game so much worse) are easy ways to start his pressure on me. Besides, his buttons, when well timed, can counter most of my attack options. Of course they are weak under pressure, but you can't have it all.

mbpm1

Oh crap, I just beat Zangief's V-Trigger with Birdie's F.HP

It hit me, got blocked by the armor and then I hit Zangief. I think both of us were really startled by that.

Did you know you can drop a banana and the V-trigger will suck in the banana and hit Gief first, and nullify it in a disadvantageous position for gief

eJSp4HH.jpg

met my first "premium" ken. he didn't disappoint. slight convenient lag which made his garbage largely unpunishable. well at least he didn't ragequit.

can't wait for more of these guys. is cowboy next?

I was with you until that god awful Juri edit.

Not a fan of that model too but I can't deny it looks great in these downsampled screenshots. Plus that Chun-Li costume is excellent. Why does she get all the great looking costumes?
Just got to Bronze with Ryu and basic stuff. Pretty rewarding
Keep at it friend. Always nice to see someone advance the ladder with fundamentals rather than gimmicky stuff.

Zackat

That Juri edited costume is no good compared to the original. The latex suit is where its at. Those screenshots are amazing though.

Oh and that Chun skin is as good as bought.

Heh, well I mean, with that attitude, how far were they expecting to go?
To be entirely frank, he doesn't expect to get that far. Life's kinda gotten in the way of practice so he doesn't that much experience with the game.

He's just going there to have fun and to see how far he can get.

Been away for 2 months and rq is still not fixed wtf..

I am weak so bought Seasonpass so I can spend fight money on stages etc. Damn you Capcom for trapping me.

Wanna try Balrog but Karin is to cool and fun still Oo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom