• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I think I'm going to stop playing for a bit now. The game has just devolved into safe buttons spam into tick throws for me. -_- I'm so bad.

Zerojul

I really liked story mode and I hope we get "seasons" for it too. I think it's nice,dumb fun, all the more if you already know/like SF lore and chars. And it made guys like Rakshid and F.A.N.G. evolve into full-fledged SF characters in my eyes. Definitely worth the the three hours I put into it

I really liked story mode and I hope we get "seasons" for it too. I think it's nice,dumb fun, all the more if you already know/like SF lore and chars. And it made guys like Rakshid and F.A.N.G. evolve into full-fledged SF characters in my eyes. Definitely worth the the three hours I put into it
I'm torn honestly.

On the one hand, it's certainly a fun mode and really great to see story brought to street fighter.

But on the other hand, I'd like to see them put this effort into other stuff, like more characters or stages or costumes. Or even new modes and features.

Fuck it, I can't resist Cammy pulling stuff out of her butt, I'm all in for story mode.

That came out wrong btw.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I desperately need a region filter for lobbies, this is the single worst systemic thing about SFV for me. I'm literally kicking 10 people from around the world before someone from Europe even joins.

CountBlack shoutout in the latest EA
https://youtu.be/w3qHGzlwQ-Q?t=21m33s

E6HKFJi.gif

CD'S BAR

The only remaining items available to purchase with fight money that aren't on the shop yet are urien and juri battle costumes and colors, at lest for season 1. Correct?

The only remaining items available to purchase with fight money that aren't on the shop yet are urien and juri battle costumes and colors, at lest for season 1. Correct?
Urien and Juri story alternate costumes and colours 11-15 for their default, yes.

That's the expected at least, there will almost definitely be more stages/stage alternates.

CD'S BAR

Urien and Juri story alternate and colours 11-15 for their default yes.

That's the expected at least, there will almost definitely be more stages/stage alternates.

You think they'll add more alternate cosutmes that you can get with fm? I figured since all the new battle costumes and seems like all the beach costumes are real $ only, any future would be as well until season 2.

Real talk though, Kanzuki beach stage might have shitty lighting and incredibly annoying water but dear God, that music is sooooooo good.

Even if one hates the game and wants to see it fail, even they can't deny just how on-point the soundtrack has been for this game so far.

You think they'll add more alternate cosutmes that you can get with fm? I figured since all the new battle costumes and seems like all the beach costumes are real $ only, any future would be as well until season 2.
I mean, it's possible. Truth be told, I kinda don't expect more than one FM only costume per character but there's a chance they might release it in the future. All the remaining costumes are premium costumes which are $ only.

kirblar

There could be more stages in the future or a surprise character.
Sagat.
Given the shockingly complete
Decapre
seeing them both before the end of the year isn't out of the question, especially given the soft 2:1 M/F ratio they've had going on.

Xeteh

Real talk though, Kanzuki beach stage might have shitty lighting and incredibly annoying water but dear God, that music is sooooooo good.

Even if one hates the game and wants to see it fail, even they can't deny just how on-point the soundtrack has been for this game so far.

I mean, it's possible. Truth be told, I kinda don't expect more than one FM only costume per character but there's a chance they might release it in the future. All the remaining costumes are premium costumes which are $ only.

I bought Kanzuki Beach last night and yeah, wow... the lighting is something else, everything seems so blown out.

Given the shockingly complete
Decapre
seeing them both before the end of the year isn't out of the question, especially given the soft 2:1 M/F ratio they've had going on.

I mean... she has specials but all the normals are still Cammy's. I don't disagree that she's likely in the next season though.

Durden77

Is there an easier way to beat extreme survival besides spamming Ken's shoryuken yet? I want that damn trophy but I've tried that a few time before and die at like round 70 every time.

Edzi

This game requires stupid ass reaction times for anti airing. by the time i'm seeing ryu jump i get counter hit. blech.

The game heavily favors offense over defense - something I'm starting to realize I don't really like. That's why you'll see most people constantly jumping/moving forward, since there's very little to discourage you from doing so. I'm hoping this will change as the game matures, but I sort of doubt it at this point. No choice but to practice those godlike reads/reactions.

Xeteh

Is there an easier way to beat extreme survival besides spamming Ken's shoryuken yet? I want that damn trophy but I've tried that a few time before and die at like round 70 every time.

Not without being on PC but since you're saying trophy you're not.

Big Brett

The game heavily favors offense over defense - something I'm starting to realize I don't really like. That's why you'll see most people constantly jumping/moving forward, since there's very little to discourage you from doing so. I'm hoping this will change as the game matures, but I sort of doubt it at this point. No choice but to practice those godlike reads/reactions.

If they rid of the shit 8f input delay it'll surely change the entire nature of the game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This game requires stupid ass reaction times for anti airing. by the time i'm seeing ryu jump i get counter hit. blech.
Some anti-airs just get beaten cleanly, especially by Ryu's jumping lk.

Yeah, the "don't jump" advice does not work in this game.

So... How would people feel if a Rival Schools character popped up in Season 2?

That would be awesome IMO.

After seeing decrapee and messing with her on PC it would be cool if there released her at capcom cup as kind of a thanks for people putting up with all the issues this year. As long as they give her at least a majority of new normals.

I just want good and varied characters, they can be from My Little Pony for all I care.

... *puts on ignore*

That would be awesome IMO.

After seeing decrapee and messing with her on PC it would be cool if there released her at capcom cup as kind of a thanks for people putting up with all the issues this year. As long as they give her at least a majority of new normals.

I mean, I always assumed they were part of the SF universe, so with the confirmation.. That definitely made me happy. Honestly, I feel it would pick up a bit if one or two RS showed up. At least that's what I think.

That would be pretty awesome as well, if Decapre was a freebie for all the troubles, and rocky launch. I did love her playstyle in USFIV.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I'm fine with guest characters as long as they actually fit, don't do a KI Capcom.

Final Fight, Rival Schools or Tekken (don't go to Kuma's or that kind of shit though) characters would be fine as long as there isn't more than one per season or two seasons, this is still Street Fighter after all.

DMNBT

Neo Member
I don't think I'll ever be good at this game (or any fighting game for that matter). I was trying to do the character trials and I just ended up with my hands bloody and 3 Ryu trials cleared to show for it. Doesn't help that my hands are only semi-functional in the first place :(

Do you all realize 8F is way overblown in this game? USFIV, where everyone says they could react to everythjng, had 5F of input delay. So if we went back to that, and just reduce it by 3F, you're saying everyone will react better? Just 3F?

JayEH

Do you all realize 8F is way overblown in this game? USFIV, where everyone says they could react to everythjng, had 5F of input delay. So if we went back to that, and just reduce it by 3F, you're saying everyone will react better? Just 3F?

I think it's overblown as well. Maybe for pro players it might make a difference but for most of us it really doesn't. You just need to adjust to the lag that is in the game.

It most certainly does have an effect in footsies, and in whiff punishing.

Hell, it even affects command grab characters because those extra 3 frames can be the difference between them getting a backdash out or walking out of range or just managing to get a jab out.

More than once, I've pressed a button on someone's dash in and have my move be mid-animation before it gets beat by their button. If there had been one or even 2 frames less delay, that move might have hit.

It becomes considerably more noticeable at the higher levels of play though.

kirblar

It's a big deal. It doesn't sound like much, but when you break it down on a % basis after adding in lag from human reaction, it's adding in a sizable %.

i did it with rashid spamming his flying kick thing and v skill to go around fireball stuff. you need a few basic bnb combos to survive close combat though, so you can't rely on gimmicks fully, unfortunately.

Hyun Sai

Feels like all the DLC characters will be pretty average until the balance after Capcom Cup. I think Capcom is afraid of the the pay to win stigma (like Mr Karate / Iori of KoFXIII).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The whole game is based around reactions. Fireballs, overheads, dashes, everything in a fighting game is about that. Yeah it's just 3 frames more, but it's about 140ms in general and that is quite a lot.

F0BC0D91EBF33C2031644BB76817C8790245E8EF

It doesn't make life any easier. The AI will punish
Air Scramble

A few interesting things about
decapre
uppercut
: none of the variations have any kind of invincibility, like how each one had a different kind in SF4, none of the safe on block either.
Ex uppercut
: completely invincible, this monster beats any and every srk clean, CC on recovery. Not really safe on block, but it pushes far enough away that only a long reaching normal hits
Teleports
: medium and heavy not invincible on startup, light seems to be throw invincible on startup (crazy) and standing attacks that hit high will whiff.
Divekick
: all of these, no matter how high you hit, are neutral on block
Ground stomp
: unsafe on block. After this hits, it doesn't matter if you hold up, up forwards or up back, you'll always move forward.
Target combo, interesting thing about the target combo, you can link into it from lp, making it a frametrap on block. will also move forward on jump.

Seems like quite a bit of thought has already gone into the moveset.

As a
Decapre
main, I enjoy this version more. She had shit ton of recovery on all her specials in Ultra. With her now being a motion character, I can play a lot more offensive instead of relying on
Scramble
.I hope that her
Scramble Break
doesn't end up like it is already. The move was already bad outside of meaty wake up and fireball punish.

It's noticeable in high level play. Why do you think people complain about the dashes in this game?

Fuz

Banned
So, my usual question about it:
DId they fix the controls? I mean, are keyboard binds redefinable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom