• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
According to all OG Balrog mains, on day 4 Balrog was deemed "bad".

Well I guess that lowers Eduardo's prospects for Evo. :p

Like Ibuki, and Guile, and Alex, and soon Urien, Juri, etc...

Joke aside, he is not beginner friendly anymore as he lost invincible headbutt, you have to be solid on defense now.

You know what, all DLC characters seem to be shit at this rate...

How’s the characters guys? I haven’t done anything much with my Ken in a while. Will need to catch up on some Momo tech and spar with some people here to get back into shape.

Coda

I guess he's cool; he's pretty fun, but I'm having a lot of difficulty adjusting to him right now so it's hard to really say.

Man you've at least been the most beast Balrog I've played thus far. So many last pixel comebacks that would lead to 70% damage.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gratz. You still playing Chun?

Yeah.

The next step is to stop ragequitting to get to diamond :p

J/K. I don't know you.

OMGitzAndre ragequit on me the other day. Then I ran into him again and he quit out on me on the vs screen lol.

Wolfkrone hasn't ragequit on me lately because he's beaten me every time I've run into him lately. Dude controls midrange space with Laura in a way I haven't seen anybody control that space with that character.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Haha, Ryu's "kussso..." just before the obnoxious disconnect sound is comedy!

Took Balrog online for the first time last night. Felt good going 5-0 against an Ibuki in the lounge :)

I've never really played a full-on charge character before, but finding myself warming to Rog quite a bit. Partitioning the charges and nailing his VT combos is super satisfying. Also using his VS to get through kunai feels pretty swish.

I've found a really good way to acquire muscle memory (with any new character, but especially considering I've never played charge types) is to go through the trials, and after each one try and do it 10 times in a row. Practicing against a dummy is never perfect, but it helps to assign certain punish combos to certain situations in your mind.

I can gradually feel the habits of other (command) characters leaving my fingers, and general knowledge increasing the more I train. It's super satisfying.

Kashiwaba

I'm thinking about switching my main from Rashid to Ibuki but my friend is telling to go for a different kind of character since both ibuki and Rashid are weak damage wise any suggestions?

Coda

Nice fight. That j.hk over the poison wall of FANG in the second round was pretty great... then he gets out of the corner and you throw him right back in. Good shit.

Thanks! I thought he had me big time that 3rd round. I couldn't lose to ski haha.

Edgeward

I'm thinking about switching my main from Rashid to Ibuki but my friend is telling to go for a different kind of character since both ibuki and Rashid are weak damage wise any suggestions?

Play what is most fun. Unless you are a pro player, everything else is irrelevant

Quick question for people on PC using 144hz monitors. Do you guys make a custom refresh rate to match the game? Or just deal with it?

Using a 1440p Gsync Predator myself.

TheOGB

Banned
lTGtIRV.png

More here: zekrom101.imgur.com
Yo godDAMN, this is a great costume.

Goddamn, I am just learning setups by tuning in to PR Rog's stream.

Yeah he's got some good stuff. I've been meaning to watch his stream more consistently but have been busy since Friday. I think if there's one guy who will stick by Rog and show us good tech it will be him. I hope he tries to use him for Evo.

stn

What's Balrog all about in this one? I still didn't DL the updates. Does he still play around a safe dash punch and good pokes?

Neoxon

Apparently this happens if you win on Shadaloo Base with any of the Four Kings (M. Bison, F.A.N.G, Vega, or Balrog).

2wkYHzL.jpg

MrCarter

Apparently this happens if you win on Shadaloo Base with any of the Four Kings (M. Bison, F.A.N.G, Vega, or Balrog).

2wkYHzL.jpg

Yeah it's been apparent for a while now. Very nice feature. Also if anyone notices, the Indian lady in Dhalsim's stage jumps up and down when he only gets a win. Love these little nuances in the stages and it just shows how much Capcom have worked on the design and presentation of this game.

Broke down and bought Balrog. Dude is really user friendly. I completed his easy survival, trials, and even won a few casuals with him day 1, which is insane for me. Almost too simple honestly.
But it's nice to have a third character I'm not embarrassing at.

So right now my characters are:

Nash (Main)
Rog (Co-Main)
Alex (Secondary)

I need to figure out which MUs are best for who. And I need to buy Alex as soon as I get 300K FM.

Neoxon

Yeah it's been apparent for a while now. Very nice feature. Also if anyone notices, the Indian lady in Dhalsim's stage jumps up and down when he only gets a win. Love these little nuances in the stages and it just shows how much Capcom have worked on the design and presentation of this game.
That's because the lady & the kid up front are Dhalsim's wife & son respectively.

Reminds me of my all-time favorite; the npc would slam down his controller when Sakura loses on her stage

z2-sakura.gif

FluxWaveZ

Well... at least I can tell I'm improving. Slowly. Gotta spend more time in training mode. Balrog's mobility, mainly from V-Skill cancels, still eludes me.

Edit: Man, Balrog's Story Costume makes him look smooth. Might actually get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom