• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

After spending all weekend with him, I'm pretty sure Balrogs normals are trash. Footsies in general seems really hard/rare in this game.

Xeteh

As a
Decapre
main, I enjoy this version more. She had shit ton of recovery on all her specials in Ultra. With her now being a motion character, I can play a lot more offensive instead of relying on
Scramble
.I hope that her
Scramble Break
doesn't end up like it is already. The move was already bad outside of meaty wake up and fireball punish.

I hope she's motion in 5. I said it a page or two ago but I tried to play her in 4 and the idea of having to play charge and do it quickly just went over my head so hard. She's super fun though... I started doing "okay" with her and had a blast.

Edzi

Hm, judging by the amount of premium costumes I've been seeing online all weekend, it seems like Capcom is making some serious money.

As a
Decapre
main, I enjoy this version more. She had shit ton of recovery on all her specials in Ultra. With her now being a motion character, I can play a lot more offensive instead of relying on
Scramble
.I hope that her
Scramble Break
doesn't end up like it is already. The move was already bad outside of meaty wake up and fireball punish.

Yeah mained her too, and this version is much more interesting because she doesn't have to stop moving, also yeah
scramble break
needs something, though to be honest, it's pretty damn fast, maybe have the mp version go diagonal forwards?

Steroyd

Hm, judging by the amount of premium costumes I've been seeing online all weekend, it seems like Capcom is making some serious money.

And I contributed to that, I wanted Cammy's battle costume so bad, I could have pre-ordered the Amazon physical edition. :(

Xeteh

Got to level 15 of normal survival with FANG and got DC'd... probably for the better, I was doomed.

And I contributed to that, I wanted Cammy's battle costume so bad, I could have pre-ordered the Amazon physical edition. :(

I'm going to be part of the problem. There's like 4 costumes I want. Trying to hold off though.

That 1 frame advantage is weird.why is it exponentially better.

A 3F jab will always beat a 4F jab. That is fact. This also means a character with a 3Framer has the advantage when the frame advantage is neutral. And if they're +1, nothing short of an invincible move beats out the 3Framer. It is such a severe advantage to have. There are also frame traps that beat 4Framers, but not 3Framers, like Nash's Cr.MP to St.MP. 3F is such a big advantage to have.

And after thinking it through again, I can see why the 8F is a problem I guess.

Korezo

Is there a way to fix nashes voice at character select on pc? It's been busted (muted) since the first character update.

Has there been any progress with getting a fixed vtrigger version of Urien for PC?

Really want to mess around with him some more and being able to get his cancels down without playing story mode rounds would be nice.

A 3F jab will always beat a 4F jab. That is fact. This also means a character with a 3Framer has the advantage when the frame advantage is neutral. And if they're +1, nothing short of an invincible move beats out the 3Framer. It is such a severe advantage to have. There are also frame traps that beat 4Framers, but not 3Framers, like Nash's Cr.MP to St.MP. 3F is such a big advantage to have.

And after thinking it through again, I can see why the 8F is a problem I guess.

Actually Nash's Cr.Mp xx B.MK beats 3f moves. It's 1f faster than using MP. Sadly it doesn't beat dragon punch.

All the fuss about Urien's clothes destroying CA just made me realize that Alex's suspenders could have popped when he does his CA. Seems like such an obvious thing Capcom should have done in retrospect imo. At least it'd make his visual overhaul less jarring.
Sounds like a Persona track.
So... How would people feel if a Rival Schools character popped up in Season 2?
I would like it it if they took slots that I expected new characters to take. It would be okay if they took maybe one SF2 character slot. I'd definitely be pissed if I felt that they took a slot from Makoto or Q.

Why do I get kicked back to Main menu from story mode if my connection drops or I put PS4 in rest mode?

Stupid online bullshit in my single player content?

Almost as bad as during launch getting to round 30 in survival and then server disconnect

Every time I try and get into this game, something makes me hate it

Capcom sucks. Sorry just being honest

Why do I get kicked back to Main menu from story mode if my connection drops or I put PS4 in rest mode?

Almost as bad as during launch getting to round 30 in survival and then server disconnect

While the disconnects are bad and there's no excuse the game is "online" because of fight money and so it can't be exploited offline.

MrCarter

Seeing you keep on whining about SFV's single player content and yet still coming back to it again and again is hilarious. Just accept that the single player content the game has (or doesn't have rather) is not for you and move on.

Think for one second

Ketch

ok so I suck real bad at this game, but luckily for me there are some people who are just as bad in the online, and playing against people instead of the AI is so much more fun.

like that feeling when you've conditioned someone to jump and then you anticipate the jump and flash kick them.... pretty good feeling.

Durden77

I'll definitely be being Gief's when I get payed on Friday. Dunno about any others. I've already got Guile's from the season pass.

Son Of D

For someone who might as well be a newbie at SF is a charge character harder to learn than an input character? I don't actually have SFV yet (buying it soon) but Urien is a character I want to use.

Neoxon

I bought Karin's summer outfit, but I may hold off on the others until there's a costume pack.

For someone who might as well be a newbie at SF is a charge character harder to learn than an input character? I don't actually have SFV yet (buying it soon) but Urien is a character I want to use.
It takes a little getting used to, but it's not that bad.

Zackat

ok so I suck real bad at this game, but luckily for me there are some people who are just as bad in the online, and playing against people instead of the AI is so much more fun.

like that feeling when you've conditioned someone to jump and then you anticipate the jump and flash kick them.... pretty good feeling.

it's the best feeling. winning in fighting games is da best.

yo how hard is the transition from fps/moba to sfv

the only experience i have in fighting games is smash bros melee with fox.

You're gonna have a hard time at first but it can be done. This genre is one that takes a lot of practice and mechanical training before you can be proficient like people you watch on twitch. Though as you can see new people are starting all the time like Ketch here. I find it to be extremely rewarding though because every game can be taken as a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom