• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Bought Laura's battle costume and damn she looks fierce. Fought against a guile with the hotttest flash kicks and lost but won against a laggy fang.

I never knew how much I needed a character with fast walkspeed. I can actually shimmy much more easily now than with Nash, which is very fun to do.

Skab

I officially refuse to believe anyone that tries to tell me bison has good buttons.

I wish I could fucking drop this character but I dont have time to learn someone new before Evo.

complete garbage

I officially refuse to believe anyone that tries to tell me bison has good buttons.

I wish I could fucking drop this character but I dont have time to learn someone new before Evo.

complete garbage

Bison has insane buttons, best in the game, easy. If he has bad buttons then who has good buttons?

Skab

Bison has insane buttons, best in the game, easy. If he has bad buttons then who has good buttons?

You are insane. He has garbage range on all but maybe two of his normals, and they all get stuffed by everything constantly.

Wish I never picked this piece of shit up

The Orz

Has anyone experienced frame rate issues on PC with Mika's battle costume? I've had no problem running the game on max settings at 60 fps but pulling up her costume on the character select screen significantly slows the game down. Two battle costume Mika's kill it.

In game they're mostly fine, with a bit of frame drop during the intro, victory pose, and some critical arts. Knocking the shadow detail to low seems to resolve it but it also looks pretty terrible. :/

You are insane. He has garbage range on all but maybe two of his normals, and they all get stuffed by everything constantly.

Wish I never picked this piece of shit up

Fam, what are his garbage normals? And who has better normals? Answer these two questions please and we can have a discussion.

Durden77

I'm just having one of those "why am I so bad at this game" nights. All the way down to the low end of silver now.

I think a big problem with me in SF is I go on autopilot too much. It's especially noticeable if I'm jumping into a real match after playing CPUs. Because I'm doing cheesy shit like sweeps and random flash kicks. Ugh.

I am just loosing to stuff tonight I know I should not be. It's the worst

FluxWaveZ

Does Balrog's st.MK combo into his st.MP or his cr.HP or something? I keep seeing PR Rog doing something like that, but I don't think I could pull it off last time I tried it in Training mode.

Hey did you join a lounge? I'm interested in fighting a silver. IGN: HappyPuppy

GGs, I take back what I said about my Balrog and Rashid being decent, lol.

Really fun games, Necalli scares me. Don't know what is punishable, that charge move that eats fireballs is punishable right? I think I learned that from the match.

Yeah, but there's a couple tricks to making it less punishable...

GGs, I take back what I said about my Balrog and Rashid being decent, lol.

Yeah, but there's a couple tricks to making it less punishable...

One round you started spamming that charge punch move from Balrog, I started spamming MP and was laughing cause it worked really well.
Your Necalli is in another level compared to your alts, couldn't get a match win. Hurt more since I try to do EX SBK and miss the timing and I got hit more, happens waaayyy too often.

joe2187

Banned
Anybody got any strats for Ibuki?

Just general ways to get in without jump-ins?

It saddens me that they took away two of my favorite moves, Neckbreaker and spin kicks. Her V-skill is pretty terrible as well and has no real use. Kind of wish it was more useful.

One round you started spamming that charge punch move from Balrog, I started spamming MP and was laughing cause it worked really well.
Your Necalli is in another level compared to your alts, couldn't get a match win. Hurt more since I try to do EX SBK and miss the timing and I got hit more, happens waaayyy too often.

Hey, don't dis my day 1 rog tech! Charge punch all day!
Also, limiting my use of charge dash is my daily battle with myself. But, you were getting way predictable on those corner ex sbks, yourself. I kept baiting it out with a hop, then getting clipped when I was going for the punish. If I had the timing down though, you'd be eating about 30% every time.

Sigmaah

Balrog is so fun. I love being able to space my punches and be safe. clipping ppl when they walk forward feels so good. Also getting ppl with the overheard gets me hype af.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
In terms of the execution too damage/stun ratio (gonna coin this phrase) does anyone else think that Rog is the dumbest character in the game?
They should make him even dumber and make his overhead safe. Please, Capcom >_>.

In terms of the execution too damage/stun ratio (gonna coin this phrase) does anyone else think that Rog is the dumbest character in the game?
They should make him even dumber and make his overhead safe. Please, Capcom >_>.

Totally. But the juggle combos and the timing on his dodge spin is finicky enough that I wouldn't call him a brain dead character to use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom