• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the shadow resoluton on pc makes my game drop 19 frames when both mika's are on the character select screen with the premium costume.

Also, I can't for the life of me get the jHP in this combo to combo.

Neoxon

You use their modem/router or your own equipment? This is a dumb question but are you directly connected to your router/switch?
I have to use a powerline adapter since there's no ethernet plug in my bedroom.

It's weird, this is the first time my internet has acted up in multiplayer for SFV.

It's weird, this is the first time my internet has acted up in multiplayer for SFV.

I wonder what you're actually pulling from that PowerLine adapter. Could me a myriad of things even related to your brothers minecraft server depending on how many players are in it, what they're doing, how many mobs etc. I've always ran ethernet through floorboards to switches in all rooms to help reduce any issues.

Mizerman

Yeah, that's a thing with powerline adapters. Even a little interference can throw it out of wack.

Don't think I'm gonna be playing any sfv this week.

Between Furi, metal slug anthology, the warriors and GoW3 remastered, I've got too much on my plate!!!

Ever since they patched matchmaking I've been getting matched up with nothing but silver and ultra bronze. I guess I have to start playing ranked again to league up.

I never thought I'd be saying this but I need to play a super gold or higher to get my blood pumping now and I feel like playing nothing but silver and ultra bronze players will make me lose what little skill/edge I've developed over the months.

Maybe I'll hit up some platinum players in battle lounge.

Neoxon

Can we appreciate how sick this shirt design is?

ivon9Z_02WtN38jK9ycT6eV741yT3HuYZ00rwugibfLlsyEcksxjxKhUKErfdGcf5FbotEqC2Q

r/StreetFighter is doing a questionnaire on what shirts they should offer.

Edgeward

Been playing casuals for so long that I forgot you get FM from ranked lol. Could't figure out how I got a jump in money when I logged in

Hustler

Can I just say how impressed I am with the matchmaking now? (Not the failure to send results). I have been consistently matched up with people around my rank. This may sound odd, but it's helped me get better. I've gone from always being ~2000 to ~3300 since the update and actually hung around there for a few days now. Feels good!

Edgeward

Can I just say how impressed I am with the matchmaking now? (Not the failure to send results). I have been consistently matched up with people around my rank. This may sound odd, but it's helped me get better. I've gone from always being ~2000 to ~3300 since the update and actually hung around there for a few days now.

Yes, it's a big reason why I jumped back into rank since you get more even rank matches where casuals is a gambit of different ranks

Skab

GG's guys. Have work in the morning so I need to stop. Will definitely play with you guys again though.

That skab guy's been holding out on us. Didn't expect a ub to pull out some teleport tech, lol.

I was hovering around Silver/SS up until I went on a bad losing streak last night. :[

Some of those setups are thing I picked up just recently and am still trying to get the spacing down. I kept messing them up. :\

I was hovering around Silver/SS up until I went on a bad losing streak last night. :[

Some of those setups are thing I picked up just recently and am still trying to get the spacing down. I kept messing them up. :

When you had him working right, you had me running scared. I couldn't really get the hang of having to surrender the air. And, I'm pretty jump in happy as you could probably tell, lol.

I keep trying to get the hang of ibuki but I don't seem to understand her well enough. I've been using her but I feel like she's not clicking. Anyone got any general pointers? Thinking I might just end up going back to Rashid.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hmm, I've bought the four characters available so far with fight money and have enough to buy the 2 remaining season 1 characters plus some left over. I would buy a stage, but I keep thinking capcom will add one more surprise character at the end of season one....

GGs. Educational matches. I feel that Balrog, like Karin, needs some real good understanding of the fundamentals of the game to do efficiently with. Except he doesn't get a reversal.

Yeah he does. Towards the end you adapted well and I just stagnated and kept going for the same shit and jumping everyone. I need to always keep my cool.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah he does. Towards the end you adapted well and I just stagnated and kept going for the same shit and jumping everyone. I need to always keep my cool.

That's especially important with Balrog. My defense is quite bad, and I still tend to jump a whole lot when I'm cornered, which is pretty much always when I'm using Balrog. What's the button to press to keep opponents the hell away? st.MK? All of his normals are too slow to really be used under pressure; the only real out is V-Reversal, 'cause otherwise it seems most opponents just have faster stuff.

That's especially important with Balrog. My defense is quite bad, and I still tend to jump a whole lot when I'm cornered, which is pretty much always when I'm using Balrog. What's the button to press to keep opponents the hell away? st.MK? All of his normals are too slow to really be used under pressure; the only real out is V-Reversal, 'cause otherwise it seems most opponents just have faster stuff.

St.HP is hella good to just throw out. St.MK buffered to HP Straight is also good for catching limbs. Cr.MK>MK when you have V-Trigger is amazing too.

I definitely need to stop using jab for ant-airing and start using St.MP, cause that is my biggest weakness right now and you got way too much damage off jump ins.

Ketch

I played a lot of casual matches just now as a super mega scrub it's hard to tell if I'm getting better or my opponents are getting worse.

I cannot fathom how much I'd have to play to actually be half way decent let alone good at the game.

Also, I feel like all of the online resources for the game are like just way above my head. I look up guile basics or beginner strategy guile and it's like "here's how to do a 9 hit combo" and I'm lucky if I can just do crouching medium punch into flash kick.

edit: that's not true, I can reliable do crouching medium punch to flashkick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom