• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

serious question, should I just not play against the PC at all? feel like it just teaches me to play randomly instead of trying to read my opponent.

Edzi

serious question, should I just not play against the PC at all? feel like it just teaches me to play randomly instead of trying to read my opponent.

Yes, playing against the PC is one of the worst things you can do. It can read inputs, and isn't like playing a real person at all.

Uh oh. I played with Urien in a battle lounge with a friend. Hope I'm not fucked :(

The worst they can probably do is an LP reset, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Neoxon

Watching Sako & SonicFox has really been helping with my Ibuki combos. Sako in particular has also been helping with my neutral game as Ibuki.

At first I thought you meant the platform and thought wtf. But you mean the CPU right? In which case, you will learn very little playing against the CPU. Work stuff out in training mode and take it online in ranked and battle lounges.

Shadoken

"Punish Harshly" ..... Just like how they punished Rage quitters? Lmao.

I hardly expect Capcom to do anything. Maybe ban a few people or reset their LP , to get people scared and then not give a fuck.

"illegal" seems like an odd word to use in this scenario. Seems like it might be a weird translation thing, but it doesn't change the fact that you probably shouldn't be using their unreleased characters online, that you need to buy with FM or real money.

I think this is a bigger problem , if people can just hack and play characters. Who is even going to bother earning FM or paying money? Could be a big impact on their revenue stream.

Coda

I mean Capcom shouldn't really be surprised by this, put any game on PC and it's gonna get hacked one way or another.

FluxWaveZ

I mean Capcom shouldn't really be surprised by this, put any game on PC and it's gonna get hacked one way or another.

Yes, and it's also normal for companies to respond accordingly to stamp that activity down and punish the players who do so with varying levels of severity in competitive settings.

I think this is a bigger problem , if people can just hack and play characters. Who is even going to bother earning FM or paying money? Could be a big impact on their revenue stream.

Yup.

They're not really surprised by it, since it's most likely why they released the June update for Steam later than PS4 to prevent early leaks.

Bl@de

What's a good arcade stick for a beginner on PC? The Steam controller is nice but a proper stick and 6 buttons would be a lot better than 4 buttons and 2 paddles. But I don't want to invest in those 200€ Mad Catz sticks and I don't want to do it myself (switch buttons on a cheaper stick etc,). Is there anything (maybe used)?

What's a good arcade stick for a beginner on PC? The Steam controller is nice but a proper stick and 6 buttons would be a lot better than 4 buttons and 2 paddles. But I don't want to invest in those 200€ Mad Catz sticks and I don't want to do it myself (switch buttons on a cheaper stick etc,). Is there anything (maybe used)?
I would wait on some reviews for the Qanba Carbon. It's a PC and Android stick that looks like a pretty solid beginner option for $70, but I'm waiting on impressions.

Alternatively, SFV on PC works great with 360 controllers, so you might be able to find a bargain on old Madcatz TEs on the second hand market if you don't mind going that route.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You know you've been playing a lot of Revelator (praise be) when you try to IAD after a fata..i mean crush counter.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209303482]Glad you watched the video. I expect nothing less from an Akumetsu fan.[/QUOTE]

Suiciding after kills kind of loses its' impact when you have unlimited continues.

Quesa

I definitely modded Juri in, but all I did online was watch replays with her as Ryu (i.e., I didn't play). Wonder how they'll seek that stuff out.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Is Honzogonzo manning the SF twitter account now?

This seems especially trolly.

Can someone explain crush counters to me?

Whenever an attack is performed, there are a few start-up frames before the attack can actually hit the other player.

If you hit your opponent during his attack's start-up, you get a "counter" hit, which does slightly more damage and keeps the opponent stunned slightly longer, sometimes allowing you to combo into moves you normally couldn't.

Some of your attacks have a special property that causes a "crush counter" instead of a typical counter. These tend to cause much, much longer hitstun, cause a hard knockdown, or flip the opponent into an air juggle state.

So as long as we don't take Urien and Juri online then we are in the clear of any possible repercussions right? I just use them on PC for training mode purposes.

Ketch

At first I thought you meant the platform and thought wtf. But you mean the CPU right? In which case, you will learn very little playing against the CPU. Work stuff out in training mode and take it online in ranked and battle lounges.

this is what I just did and I think it helped a lot. I'm so bad that my time in training mode consists of sonic booms, flash kick, cr.mp into sonic boom/flash kick, and then cr.mp into sonic boom sonic hurricane. I also set up the 5 recordable training slots with the dummy just doing a bunch of random jump ins and neutral jumps and once you turn on all 5 slots with all different patterns it feels kind of random, that helped a lot.

I would assume so, yeah. They know modders gonna mod.

oh shit, I didn't know you played this game. What's your CFN. I'm 100% sure you'd enjoy destroying me repeatedly.

MrDaravon

Nothing like making a comeback in a set after getting bodied the first game, then have them ragequit when you're about to win the third game lol

I mean I guess it's a compliment, but I want the FM if nothing else :/

kirblar

oh shit, I didn't know you played this game. What's your CFN. I'm 100% sure you'd enjoy destroying me repeatedly.
Kirblar lol

I ordered a fightstick mini that should be arriving today- I took a long break because the Hori FC4 is just not good for this game. Hopefully a Ps4 Saturn pad eventually arrives.

I played SF4 on a hori HRAP3, but SFV is so lenient that I just play on PS4 pad and haven't been bothered at all despite never playing fighting games on pad.

Skilletor

I did half of the challenges on a dual shock 4 just to see if I could.

I could definitely play this game on a pad if I were so inclined.

I'm not, but I could.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yes, and it's also normal for companies to respond accordingly to stamp that activity down and punish the players who do so with varying levels of severity in competitive settings.

If only they had a competent matchmaking and ragequits penalty system in place... like most normal companies.

Edzi

I just realized something about the end of the story. SPOILERS AHEAD:

Gill and Helen mention a prophecy, something about Bison being defeated by a particular person with Gill's/Uriens powers. This wasn't fulfilled in the story, and Gill mentions this at the end, brushing it away by telling Helen/Kolin that it's not a big deal or something... But doesn't that heavily imply that there's more story coming with Bison? Prophecies like that in fiction typically come true, so I'm feeling pretty confident that Bison's (and Nash's) flaccid ending in the story might actually have some kind of planned conclusion coming up, especially since we never really saw a body for Nash or Bison and Bison never got shown with his story costume.

Sheroking

pla tell how the hell you did Nash's 7th trial (dpad?)

I assume the problem you're having is the lk slash?

When you hit the crouch jab, take your finger off the d-pad for a second and then quickly input the qcb+lk. You can't hold down and then do the qcb because the game thinks you're doing qcbx2.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Gill and Helen mention a prophecy, something about Bison being defeated by a particular person with Gill's/Uriens powers. This wasn't fulfilled in the story, and Gill mentions this at the end, brushing it away by telling Helen/Kolin that it's not a big deal or something... But doesn't that heavily imply that there's more story coming with Bison? Prophecies like that in fiction typically come true, so I'm feeling pretty confident that Bison's (and Nash's) flaccid ending in the story might actually have some kind of planned conclusion coming up, especially since we never really saw a body for Nash or Bison and Bison never got shown with his story costume.

The camera lingered on Bison's hat way too long. It definitely means something.

Edzi

The camera lingered on Bison's hat way too long. It definitely means something.

Yeah, I figured there would be more coming up just based on the SF3 villains, but I'm now noticing stuff in the story that heavily imply more happening before the SF3 storyline.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Yep, a blonde character that could do something big in the future...Ed?

are servers busted? got 4002 error twice at round transition.

i have no luck with this game tonight. first three matches were underwater fights at 5 bars.

are replays working for anyone? still can't watch on leaderboards since patch day.

The God

I assume the problem you're having is the lk slash?

When you hit the crouch jab, take your finger off the d-pad for a second and then quickly input the qcb+lk. You can't hold down and then do the qcb because the game thinks you're doing qcbx2.

yeah the slash kick is giving me problems, and I don't know if my fingers are fast enough for that haha

but even if I do land the slash, I have no idea how to input the super immediately afterwards

Skilletor

pls tell me how the hell you did Nash's 7th trial (dpad?)

What part of the combo are you having problems with?

Are you playing on PS4? Maybe upload a vid of you trying it with inputs turned on so we can see what's happening? :)

yeah the slash kick is giving me problems, and I don't know if my fingers are fast enough for that haha

but even if I do land the slash, I have no idea how to input the super immediately afterwards

So when you cancel a special into a super, you can use the first motion of the special as the first part of the super.

So nash's super is qcb x 2 + k. So what you do is qcb+lk, and that will be the slash, and then immediately after do qcb+lk again, and that will cancel the slash into the super.

What a lot of new players seem to do, and I don't know if you are doing this...just guessing because of the questions you've been asking, is try to do 3 qcb motions. One for the slash, and two for the super.

Sheroking

It doesn't take blazing speed to do, just a little practice.

As for confirming into the CA, Skilletor has the right idea but you don't even have to do that. Street Fighter V is very lenient and you can just mash the shit out of the super motion and get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom