• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Well, I decided to give Hell Survival another shot after vowing to not touch that mode again unless it was dramatically overhauled. Lost at 93 to Ken and nearly hurled my stick through my TV. Never again.

The God

What part of the combo are you having problems with?

Are you playing on PS4? Maybe upload a vid of you trying it with inputs turned on so we can see what's happening? :)

So when you cancel a special into a super, you can use the first motion of the special as the first part of the super.

So nash's super is qcb x 2 + k. So what you do is qcb+lk, and that will be the slash, and then immediately after do qcb+lk again, and that will cancel the slash into the super.

What a lot of new players seem to do, and I don't know if you are doing this...just guessing because of the questions you've been asking, is try to do 3 qcb motions. One for the slash, and two for the super.

It doesn't take blazing speed to do, just a little practice.

As for confirming into the CA, Skilletor has the right idea but you don't even have to do that. Street Fighter V is very lenient and you can just mash the shit out of the super motion and get it.
I just beat the trial by accident (or mashing?) but I'll go back to practice it. I noticed that I can use the crouch punch as part of the slash kick but the super was still hard to pull. And yeah I was trying to do three different inputs at first lol

Pics_nao

Just noticed that the OST is up on steam. Does it only come with the base tracks or does it update to include the dlc tracks as well?

Some Ibuki casual fun..
Playing a very good Balrog player, I got bodied first game, in the second game i remembered switching sides fucks up charge characters, i started dashing behind him a lot and it seem to totally wreck his game, from bodied to winning the next 2..

GGs. I would have played longer, normally, but apparently I'm exhausted and I keep dozing off during down times while I've been playing today. Reached my limit.

Balrog mirrors are always interesting. Kind of the opposite of Mika mirrors, in a way.

Mirrors are never not interesting to a point. You learn something new about your character.

FluxWaveZ

Mirrors are never not interesting to a point. You learn something new about your character.

Oh wait, just saw how those two sentences seem like they conflict. I personally have always loved mirrors (even when it comes to the most hated ala Sonic vs. Sonic, Zerg vs. Zerg, Mika vs. Mika, etc.) pretty much for the reason you say, and also because it's the most equal playing field, which is exciting.

It's just that, Mika mirrors tend to be who can be wilder, while Balrog mirrors are very much about the slow approach and punishes. A very different pace. It's kind of the reason why I've had so much difficulty adapting to the character because of how radically different they are (though, with some similarities). I'm getting more used to him now, though.

BadWolf

Okay, what the fuck is wrong with Ibuki's jump ins?

It feels like proximity blocking never activates when I try to cross people up and they just walk away from her.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Yes. just cleared survival normal with Ibuki. On the final fight vs Bison I only had half a life bar and had to use network battles 4 times to get through it lol. I just bought Guile's stage but some of the character costumes like Karin's bikini don't have a price next to them... can these not be bought with fight money?

Mr. X

Going back to Chun. The Balrog experiment was fun.

I would experiment with Ibuki but wow she's annoyingly lacking from her 3S self.

Yes. just cleared survival normal with Ibuki. On the final fight vs Bison I only had half a life bar and had to use network battles 4 times to get through it lol. I just bought Guile's stage but some of the character costumes like Karin's bikini don't have a price next to them... can these not be bought with fight money?

Real money costumes.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Real money costumes.

vader.jpg

Oh wait, just saw how those two sentences seem like they conflict. I personally have always loved mirrors (even when it comes to the most hated ala Sonic vs. Sonic, Zerg vs. Zerg, Mika vs. Mika, etc.) pretty much for the reason you say, and also because it's the most equal playing field, which is exciting.

It's just that, Mika mirrors tend to be who can be wilder, while Balrog mirrors are very much about the slow approach and punishes. A very different pace. It's kind of the reason why I've had so much difficulty adapting to the character because of how radically different they are (though, with some similarities). I'm getting more used to him now, though.

They both have strong corner carry.

FluxWaveZ

They both have strong corner carry.

There's that (though at least Balrog doesn't depend on the corner like Mika does), they both don't have any real reversal options, and their damage output is great. Despite being better with Mika right now, I still feel more confident with Balrog in more MUs because it's so much easier to get in. It's so tough with Mika sometimes.

Steroyd

Greeeeeaaaaaat in order for me to have a decent combo setup for wake up meaty's with Ibuki I have to get good at using special moves from a light attack, which has been the bane of my existance with this game so far.

Getting better, test drived Ibuki in survival mode, and all the training mode combos and stuff just went to shit lol.

On the bright side I can do Ibuki's trial 10 8/10 times and it looks practical to use out in the wild.

There's that (though at least Balrog doesn't depend on the corner like Mika does), they both don't have any real reversal options, and their damage output is great. Despite being better with Mika right now, I still feel more confident with Balrog in more MUs because it's so much easier to get in. It's so tough with Mika sometimes.

I've noticed that you really snipe for that cMK MK target combo.

Fitts

I finally finished up Dark Souls 3 so I started the story mode. Holy shit am I laughing my ass off! Love it so far...
Alex
just picked a fight with
Sim
because he thinks he's a
mugger
!

Has Fang running away from Ken or the piece coming out of Gief's chest hair been gif'd yet? Shit is amazing, man.

Oh yeah and Juri feels fantastic.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished survival normal with Balrog... unlike Ibuki I easily did it on my first try.
Now to give this story hard mode another try to I have enough spare fight money for that beach stage.

FluxWaveZ

stMK hits far enough, + on block and stMK stMK is a trap for 3f normals

Yeah, but my issue is that 95% of the time, I'll do something like j.HK > st.HK > cr.MK xx cr.MK TC instead of the last part being cr.MP > some punch. If I did any punch, that would do more damage, or I could get a KD if I went for the kick version. Instead I'm just left at this awkward position after the TC where I'll probably do cr.LP and then another cr.MK afterwards to try to frame trap them.

Edit: Oh wait, my mind was on cr.MK. st.MK is a whole other type of business.

Noob question incoming. What is the best way to get good at this game? Since launch I've been stuck in super/ultra bronze and I don't use any online resources to learn a character outside of a few random YouTube videos, just in-game tips/trials/training mode.

I see mention of frame data all the time here but that sounds a bit more advanced. Any legit online guide that's good for beginning to get better with a character?

Ketch

So I set it to auto find a casual match while I'm in training mode and it's matched me up with this dude named zerokage multiple different times, and the dude is lvl 509 character lvl 36.... but character lvl 36 on like multiple different heroes... is that the max? because no matter what character he plays its lvl 36

I've probably fought him like 3 or 4 times now and every time it's different character and I've yet to take a single round off him... but somehow he's unranked (obviously doesn't play ranked) but what's even weirder is why does it keep matching me against him? He's obviously out of my league...

I mean it's kind of cool that like now I have like an actual rival, and I added him to my list, but still game pls gimme a break.

Skilletor

So I set it to auto find a casual match while I'm in training mode and it's matched me up with this dude named zerokage multiple different times, and the dude is lvl 509 character lvl 36.... but character lvl 36 on like multiple different heroes... is that the max? because no matter what character he plays its lvl 36

I've probably fought him like 3 or 4 times now and every time it's different character and I've yet to take a single round off him... but somehow he's unranked (obviously doesn't play ranked) but what's even weirder is why does it keep matching me against him? He's obviously out of my league...

I mean it's kind of cool that like now I have like an actual rival, and I added him to my list, but still game pls gimme a break.

Probably used the survival mode trainer on PC to get fight money.

Edgeward

I don't there are max levels for either player or character level, or least no one has reached them. For character level the last color unlocks at 50

Probably used the survival mode trainer on PC to get fight money.

Or used LK turbo on PS4. I keep running into this guy named Darthfightor in casuals and whichever character he has, just spams lk. I eventually win both sets but he gets a little EXP for that too so he can get a lot of characters to a high level with minimal effort.

Or used LK turbo on PS4. I keep running into this guy named Darthfightor in casuals and whichever character he has, just spams lk. I eventually win both sets but he gets a little EXP for that too so he can get a lot of characters to a high level with minimal effort.

I played a Birdie like that the other day. At first I thought he was trolling me. Then it kept going, lol.

Ketch

You can mod it to make Survival 1 round on PC. Capcom hasn't fixed it yet.

ok, but he was actually playing against me online though?

Like the levels are whatever, but what bothers me more is that like he's playing ryu, nicali, and mika and owning me on all three but it still matches me against him 4 times.

also, fuck survival mode. like what the hell. why isn't there just a regular ass arcade with like 12 rounds and continues and bison at the end and shit like that?

Zackat

ok, but he was actually playing against me online though?

Like the levels are whatever, but what bothers me more is that like he's playing ryu, nicali, and mika and owning me on all three but it still matches me against him 4 times.

His MMR is the same as you because he has never played ranked mode. He has just been playing casuals and battle lounges because technically his MMR doesn't even exist. That's what I would expect, because I really doubt casual has any sort of separate MMR at this time.

You also probably have a good connection with him and they value that pretty highly.

kirblar

His MMR is the same as you because he has never played ranked mode. He has just been playing casuals and battle lounges because technically his MMR doesn't even exist. That's what I would expect, because I really doubt casual has any sort of separate MMR at this time.
I'm not sure how much casual mode cares about MMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom