• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

This is all you need to know!!

pmkswhb.gif

not pictured is the massive whiff punish by Dee jay

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209360986]You don't want me to go off on Akumetsu. It's too off-topic.[/QUOTE]

What am I married to Akumetsu? Hate it all you like.

I like the DS4 for the most part. I don't like the triggers though. And my thumbs brush against the sticks more than I like.

I need to get a converter for my dualshock 2s though. That's my favorite fighting game pad. Along with the psone controller.

I like the DS4 for the most part. I don't like the triggers though. And my thumbs brush against the sticks more than I like.

I need to get a converter for my dualshock 2s though. That's my favorite fighting game pad. Along with the psone controller.

If you take the springs out of the ds4, the triggers have more of a direct feel, if you're up for some home modding.
Personally, the clip that holds the spring broke in mine after mkx, slamming on r2 to block all the time took it's toll. I took out the loose spring, and noticed I liked the way it felt just fine afterwards.
Might be worth trying. DS4 is somewhat easy to open and close without too much trouble, even if it feels like you're destroying the unit.

If you take the springs out of the ds4, the triggers have more of a direct feel, if you're up for some home modding.
Personally, the clip that holds the spring broke in mine after mkx, slamming on r2 to block all the time took it's toll. I took out the loose spring, and noticed I liked the way it felt just fine afterwards.
Might be worth trying. DS4 is somewhat easy to open and close without too much trouble, even if it feels like you're destroying the unit.

Hmm. I might give that a whirl.

MadGear

Does the SFV trainer for survival mode still work or did they fix it? I'm still conflicted about using it but ever since the shop works I have been more tempted by it as I would rather play every mosou game on the planet than to play survival mode legit again.

KingBroly

Banned
Does the SFV trainer for survival mode still work or did they fix it? I'm still conflicted about using it but ever since the shop works I have been more tempted by it as I would rather play every mosou game on the planet than to play survival mode legit again.

It works, but there's a 1 round mod that makes it so much easier.

mitchlol

I have the hori pad, great for motion but I get a sore thumb when playing charge characters, oddly I can't play gief on it... On ps4 controller (thumb stick) I can do standing spd no problem but on the hori pad nothing works unless I buffer even then I mess up.. Basically I wanted the ps4 thumb stick with the hori button layout so I got the madcatz fight pad. Hasn't arrived but I'm keen to give it a go I hear the dpad sucks balls

Steroyd

I have the hori pad, great for motion but I get a sore thumb when playing charge characters, oddly I can't play gief on it... On ps4 controller (thumb stick) I can do standing spd no problem but on the hori pad nothing works unless I buffer even then I mess up.. Basically I wanted the ps4 thumb stick with the hori button layout so I got the madcatz fight pad. Hasn't arrived but I'm keen to give it a go I hear the dpad sucks balls

Yeah the "Dpad" isn't even a Dpad, it's as bad as Microsoft's Dpad on earlier Xbox controllers.

Guys, I'm so conflicted. I have like 8 extra $ in my PSN account due to getting a 10$ card by a friend recently.

Do I just cave in and buy the birdie premium as well as the summer premium for him or should I wait until whatever color related announcement Lord Haunts is going to provide us?

vg260

Guys, I'm so conflicted. I have like 8 extra $ in my PSN account due to getting a 10$ card by a friend recently.

Do I just cave in and buy the birdie premium as well as the summer premium for him or should I wait until whatever color related announcement Lord Haunts is going to provide us?

Don't validate their terrible pricing by paying $4 per costume. Your PSN balance doesn't expire.

Pompadour

I imagine they'll just sell the colors for FM on the store so you may not need to save that money.

Just picked up the game today to play with my sister, who was a pretty big SF4 fan. We both tried out a used stick they had hanging around, and we both hated it, so we're gonna stick with pads. Is there anything we can pick up that would be better than the normal PS4 controller? Or is that the top of the line at this point?

Her name is Lara and I main Laura. Every time I win I go "hey look, you won!"
is your name Sean?

vg260

Just make a color unlock for a character by leveling up. Doesn't seem that difficult to figure out. You'd think that's why they have character leveling.

Keep the level requirements low so they can easily be achieved like the colors were in Super/AE/Ultra just by playing a character a little bit. They should similarly be automatically unlocked for any costumes you buy.

Pompadour

Just make a color unlock for a character by leveling up. Doesn't seem that difficult to figure out. You'd think that's why they have character leveling.

Keep the level requirements low so they can easily be achieved like the colors were in Super/AE/Ultra just by playing a character a little bit. They should similarly be automatically unlocked for any costumes you buy.

Colors 3-10 should be tied to Character Level with the last unlock being at 30. So it's a little bit of work to get every color for a character but reasonable.

I'd also like them to overhaul Survival to be easier and shorter even if the FM payouts are decreased to match. I'm not holding out, though.

Hyun Sai

I knew I was smart for waiting and saving myself from the heartbreak that is survival mode

I need dat Fight Money ! I did easy and normal survival / story / challenges for nearly all the characters (4 more to go),and will have enough to buy all characters of season 1 plus some stages.

BadWolf

Got frustrated using Ibuki towards the end yesterday and went back to Mika to cool off, felt so good kicking the crap out of one particular Balrog player who beat up my Ibuki. He spammed me with a bunch of invites after so the salt levels were definitely high.

Sheroking

I need dat Fight Money ! I did easy and normal survival / story / challenges for nearly all the characters (4 more to go),and will have enough to buy all characters of season 1 plus some stages.

Yeah, I've got the stages I want, a couple extra colors and all 4 characters with 260,000FM remaining.

Urien and Juri's stuff will push another 60k. I'm gonna need the dailies for Season 2 though.

how many FM do you have right now for completing all character in easy and normal survival and all the story mode? 1 million FM trophy is a pain in the ass

how many FM do you have right now for completing all character in easy and normal survival and all the story mode? 1 million FM trophy is a pain in the ass
Whatever the amount may be for that, just remember that the trophy is 1M earned overall, you don't have to hoard FM. You can spend it and the trophy will still count as long as you earn that much.

Btw, Birdie's title for reaching level 30 is a picture of a donut with the words "Gastric Bypass".

I don't know, that just sounds a bit too much.

Just give us an option to use your points towards continues and if you have enough points you can keep continuing so you might want to take no supplements instead of attack level 3 each time lol.

or just delete survival mode out of the game, either option is fine.

or just lower the CPU level on Survival Hard/Extreme like 5-9 notches like story/baby mode

I just want black gi laura b

Whatever the amount may be for that, just remember that the trophy is 1M earned overall, you don't have to hoard FM. You can spend it and the trophy will still count as long as you earn that much.

Btw, Birdie's title for reaching level 30 is a picture of a donut with the words "Gastric Bypass".

I don't know, that just sounds a bit too much.

yeah, I know, just want to calculate myself. In total, I only have 500k ish (easy survival with all character, some of the character on normal survival, 2 character on hard survival and 1 character on extreme survival + all character in story mode + DLC story mode). If i have to complete all character on hard and extreme to get 1M FM that would be insane tbh

Palom

Prior to this update, I had done nearly everything available that I could. Character stories all done. All Trials done. Watched all the tutorials. Did Easy and Normal survival with all characters. Did Hard and Extreme survival with my main character. After about 4 months of playing 2-3 hours every day, I was sitting at around 850k Fight Money. I'd guess about 150-200k was from online matches and additional character leveling (I stick to casual matches instead of battle lounges). I bought a bunch of stuff from the store with this update (and have gone through the general story on both difficulties), so I'm down to around 350k or 400k now, but I'm hoping when Juri comes out, doing her content will put me over the 1M cumulative threshold.

I wouldn't mind survival as much if the AI just wasn't insultingly cheap, and was actually a useful tool for learning to play. I felt the AI in USF4 helped me figure out how to play enough before I got my feet wet online. The AI in SF5 is complete garbage and does nothing but have you exploiting one or two tricks that are utterly useless in real play. Reminds me of doing sweep over and over to the AI in Mortal Kombat... in 1993. And the General Story AI is the same way. CPU AI needs a massive overhaul, because right now it is a significant blemish on what little single-player content there is.

kirblar

I grew up on a Genesis pad. Not having the incremental inputs or the ability to use the center w/ charge chars is an issue for me.

Moaradin

Has matchmaking been really good for everyone else ever since they fixed the failed to send data thing? Takes like 10 seconds or less to find a match every time for me.

Has matchmaking been really good for everyone else ever since they fixed the failed to send data thing? Takes like 10 seconds or less to find a match every time for me.

The actual speed can vary but Ive yet to get matched with someone below gold after the update.

Xeteh

Yeah the "Dpad" isn't even a Dpad, it's as bad as Microsoft's Dpad on earlier Xbox controllers.

I don't think you ever used those DPads then. The Hori FC4 works great, I couldn't even get through menus properly with the 360 DPad.

Edit: Nevermind, I misread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom