• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Close. Its
Abdelrahman.

I worked with the PS4 controller a bit last night and I got to trial 5 in Laura's set. EX moves are tricky button presses, man.

If it helps you can always press X+O or Square+Triangle for KKK or PPP for EX moves.

Prior to this update, I had done nearly everything available that I could. Character stories all done. All Trials done. Watched all the tutorials. Did Easy and Normal survival with all characters. Did Hard and Extreme survival with my main character. After about 4 months of playing 2-3 hours every day, I was sitting at around 850k Fight Money. I'd guess about 150-200k was from online matches and additional character leveling (I stick to casual matches instead of battle lounges). I bought a bunch of stuff from the store with this update (and have gone through the general story on both difficulties), so I'm down to around 350k or 400k now, but I'm hoping when Juri comes out, doing her content will put me over the 1M cumulative threshold.

I wouldn't mind survival as much if the AI just wasn't insultingly cheap, and was actually a useful tool for learning to play. I felt the AI in USF4 helped me figure out how to play enough before I got my feet wet online. The AI in SF5 is complete garbage and does nothing but have you exploiting one or two tricks that are utterly useless in real play. Reminds me of doing sweep over and over to the AI in Mortal Kombat... in 1993. And the General Story AI is the same way. CPU AI needs a massive overhaul, because right now it is a significant blemish on what little single-player content there is.

thanks for the heads up. Now I'll just work on the trial. Yeah, I know what you mean, I literally spam throw on survival stage 1-10, and it always work lol

just fucking around

pYWDZr.gif

I wonder if they will ever ban anyone in the PC version for using the 1 round survival mod. Not that they would be mad at people for unlocking the colors but the amount of Fight Money you can earn through that is a quite alot. Now that is eating into potential money they can be getting from people for other things that people are just using their Fight Money to access. It can also be argued when you purchased the game, you "bought" a certain amount of Fight Money that can be earned in the game.

I really doubt Capcom has the actual ability to ban anyone completely at this time.

Edzi

I wonder if they will ever ban anyone in the PC version for using the 1 round survival mod. Not that they would be mad at people for unlocking the colors but the amount of Fight Money you can earn through that is a quite alot. Now that is eating into potential money they can be getting from people for other things that people are just using their Fight Money to access. It can also be argued when you purchased the game, you "bought" a certain amount of Fight Money that can be earned in the game.

I really doubt Capcom has the actual ability to ban anyone completely at this time.

Even if they did (which I doubt) I'm sure they'd give a warning first. The PC audience is probably really small compared to the total SFV base, so it's probably not worth pursuing harsh punishments.

Even if they did (which I doubt) I'm sure they'd give a warning first. The PC audience is probably really small compared to the total SFV base, so it's probably not worth pursuing harsh punishments.

One possibility is that they follow through on "harshly punishing" the people online using Urien and Juri by banning them, then release a message afterwards about banning people from here on using mods on survival mode. I doubt they have a way to find people doing it offline, but at least they would stop people from essentially stealing FM.

And this is all hypothetical since I'm also unsure if Capcom can even ban people in their system.

Sigmaah

Yo so for rog, what's the best way to approach a character who just jumps away/keeps walking or dashing away? I was fighting a Nash and I couldn't get this guy for shit.

I was clipping him with punches but that wasn't enough.

Y'all were right st.mk is the truth, damn good button

How is it people online can just dash up and throw, yet I can't seem to get a button out to stop it? Like, I'll see them dash and hit my button(or throw counter) while they're dashing and still get dunked. Does it have to do with that 8 frames business people mention?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yo so for rog, what's the best way to approach a character who just jumps away/keeps walking or dashing away? I was fighting a Nash and I couldn't get this guy for shit.

I was clipping him with punches but that wasn't enough.

Y'all were right st.mk is the truth, damn good button
You let them put themselves in the corner and win the round. Works really well against Nash in general until they use V-Reversal/V-Trigger

FtHTiny

I seem to not get any better. I go into games and my brain/hands don´t do what i know i should do. After the game i feel terrible because i couldn´t punish stuff i should be able to do.
If you had only 1-2 hours a day to play what would you focus on to get better at SFV?

mbpm1

I seem to not get any better. I go into games and my brain/hands don´t do what i know i should do. After the game i feel terrible because i couldn´t punish stuff i should be able to do.
If you had only 1-2 hours a day to play what would you focus on to get better at SFV?

Focus on the basics, and what you want to learn.

You said you wanted to punish. So you would spend some time training your reactions in training room to punish automatically and then focus on applying this on real matches, paring down whatever else you don't think you can concentrate on at the same time.

Hyun Sai

I don't understand. I heard that Wolfkrone was a rage quitter online, is it true or not ?

Because just saw him being outraged at the fraud who just RQ on him on stream.

???

Edzi

Well I gave him the ol college try but I'm really not feeling Rog at all.

Yeah, I think I'm going to drop him too. Playing him through the weekend was fun, but I think I had more fun with Alex so I'll just continue to stick with him. Juri/Urien will be my tentative secondaries, along with Necalli. Balrog can go into the growing list of characters I feel comfortable to play around with.

Now that half of matchmaking is fixed (getting matched with people of same league) all they gotta do is fix the time it takes to find matches. And I think SFV online from matchmaking aspect will be good.

mbpm1

I don't understand. I heard that Wolfkrone was a rage quitter online, is it true or not ?

Because just saw him being outraged at the fraud who just RQ on him on stream.

???

He is a known RQer since 09.

Just bc you do it doesn't mean you like others doing it lol

Hyun Sai

He is a known RQer since 09.

Just bc you do it doesn't mean you like others doing it lol

Yeah, but I thought you wouldn't act like it was the most pathetic thing, shaking the head, ridicule the guy on screen lol... That was surreal.

Reminds me of a Gaffer here who was caught RQing after endless rambling against it, forgot his name.

Edzi

Yeah, but I thought you wouldn't act like it was the most pathetic thing, shaking the head, ridicule the guy on screen lol... That was surreal.

Reminds me of a Gaffer here who was caught RQing after endless rambling against it, forgot his name.

GootecksShimmy. Those were good times, though I'm pretty sure he changed his name/avatar.

HardRojo

If I backlash (I know it's not invincible) they're supposed to hit me while airborne right? I just got hit while grounded and confirmed into a super, that stupid shit made me lose the match, I got really salty because I already had it and didn't care about getting hit in the air for spacing, but the Necalli caught me in the ground even though I was mashing backdash on my wakeup.

Edzi

If I backlash (I know it's not invincible) they're supposed to hit me while airborne right? I just got hit while grounded and confirmed into a super, that stupid shit made me lose the match, I got really salty because I already had it and didn't care about getting hit in the air for spacing, but the Necalli caught me in the ground even though I was mashing backdash on my wakeup.

Backdash not being invincible means you can get hit grounded. The only thing that won't land while you're dashing are grabs.

Palom

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209393995]Goddamn that's a lot of matches. probably over five thousand total including losses to win that much.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm also including level-ups at 1k FM. Everything but hard and extreme survival get you to 19. My main character is level 58, so that's almost an extra 40k alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom