• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Backdash not being invincible means you can get hit grounded. The only thing that won't land while you're dashing are grabs.
Fuck that shit, I'd rather get hit and reset the situation than submit myself to 50/50s (grab or meaty and back to the 50/50 if grab) while on wakeup. Oh well, Necalli's cr.MK has a nasty range too.

Hyun Sai

Fuck that shit, I'd rather get hit and reset the situation than submit myself to 50/50s (grab or meaty and back to the 50/50 if grab) while on wakeup. Oh well, Necalli's cr.MK has a nasty range too.

Don't forget you can get crush countered while backdashing !

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah, I think I'm going to drop him too. Playing him through the weekend was fun, but I think I had more fun with Alex so I'll just continue to stick with him. Juri/Urien will be my tentative secondaries, along with Necalli. Balrog can go into the growing list of characters I feel comfortable to play around with.

I find his design too loose. He has a few good normals but his neutral is super shaky and offense too guess oriented for my taste. More power to the people who're making him work.

HardRojo

Don't forget you can get crush countered while backdashing !
Ah yeah, there's that too.
I feel bad about this sometimes but if I find a really laggy Ibuki I just close the game. It's hard to keep up with her when the match is laggy as hell. I'm exclusively playing casuals btw, not touching ranked until a proper RQ fix is released.

Xeteh

Trying to get resets on the AI in survival might as well be impossible.

Got to 32 on Survival then got bodied by Rashid... that was by far my best attempt today.

Trying to get resets on the AI in survival might as well be impossible.

Got to 32 on Survival then got bodied by Rashid... that was by far my best attempt today.

Why are you trying to play smart? I literally just sweeped stage 50 necalli to death with chun. Find a good button and make the cpu walk into it.

sixghost

I just give up with Ibuki. Maybe you just need to be a way better player than I am, but she has basically nothing until she gets VTrigger.

Xeteh

Why are you trying to play smart? I literally just sweeped stage 50 necalli to death with chun. Find a good button and make the cpu walk into it.

I don't know. I tried the whole DP spam thing and between my thumb getting tired and the AI just started blocking everything it never seemed to work. I was aiming for cross-ups but towards the end I was getting AA'd or they were just defensive gods.

Hyun Sai

Speaking of Laura and Mika, I would love having some help with those match ups as a new Guile player.

PSN : Hyunsai

Whenever any of you maining them can. I have decent (that's the best I can do) connexion with Us east coast.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Speaking of Laura and Mika, I would love having some help with those match ups as a new Guile player.

PSN : Hyunsai

Whenever any of you maining them can. I have decent (that's the best I can do) connexion with Us east coast.

I'll be on in a few minutes. Is your CFN the same?

I'm gonna start playing Necalli because his Halloween costume alt is 2 strong

Any good tutorials you folks would recommend?

I just mostly used combo videos to find ones I could make use of.

ahmz's
Bafael's

I also spent a bunch of time watching various Necalli pros like Heitani for tips.

... or you know, just Haunts commenting on reddit.

I'd look up Alucard's old Necalli shenanigans too. He had the hypest corner reset, that I only just got used to using myself.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here ever tried changing their CFN id? Apparently an e-mail is enough. Did they do it without hesitation and how long did it take?

FluxWaveZ

I cannot overstate how much I love that fireball spam is no longer an issue with Balrog like how it was with Mika. The Ryu MU is so much more manageable now, it's crazy.

I also learned this recently and its a fun reset so I made a quick clip.

I don't know what Alucard's corner reset is but the one above I learned from a random stream I had been watching recently.

That's fucking good! The one I was thinking of was ex grab, standing M punch, into h grab.

I'm seeing colors for Urien and Juri's costumes posted everywhere, but does anywhere have a pic of Urien in his thong for each of his different costume colors?

Laputa_94

Spent a lot of time in ranked today. I am finally able to perform a couple combos in real matches, feels good. I have also ascended from being a rookie to a bronze. Things are looking up it seems.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I cannot overstate how much I love that fireball spam is no longer an issue with Balrog like how it was with Mika. The Ryu MU is so much more manageable now, it's crazy.

Flux, what are Rog's best buttons so far for you? I keep reading st.MK--I assume cuz it's +2 but how do you usually follow it up after a block? I'm trying to learn some basic set-ups. I know HK is good as well. I have seen a combo after a overhead (dunno if it was TAP or his VT move into HK) where you do cr.jab and then a cr.mid into straigh dash punch after, but can't seem to get it in Training. I did it last night while playing online and now can't seem to replicate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom