• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Flux, what are Rog's best buttons so far for you? I keep reading st.MK--I assume cuz it's +2 but how do you usually follow it up after a block? I'm trying to learn some basic set-ups. I know HK is good as well. I have seen a combo after a overhead (dunno if it was TAP or his VT move into HK) where you do cr.jab and then a cr.mid into straigh dash punch after, but can't seem to get it in Training. I did it last night while playing online and now can't seem to replicate it.

Balrog's best buttons would be st.MK, st.HP and st.HK.

Following up a blocked st.MK would either be another one of those, a dash into grab or really whatever else you want. Standard procedure with those kinds of plus pokes.

V-Skill OH > cr.LP > cr.MP doesn't exist. TAP is not an overhead.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Thanks for the beatdown, I really don't have yet the hang of it lol !

The only decision you were making that I consistently disagreed with was your willingness to use EX Boom from fullscreen. The only real purpose that serves is to stop her V-Skill, and non-EX projectiles are usually a good enough deterrent for that anyway. You want to save your meter so that you have a real reversal in that match-up. Even when you're not using EX Flash Kick, just the threat of it being there is enough to throw a wrench into the plans of a character who lives for the knockdown.

EX Boom is more worthwhile at close range to keep armored moves at bay and lessen the risk of jump-ins.

Until the very end, you were almost always blocking on wake-up instead of taking other defensive actions like jumping or dashing. Not sure if you broke a single normal throw on wake-up either, which made situations pretty free when you had no meter.

Whenever you block Mika's s.MP, it's always your turn afterward. It's -2 on it's own and -5 after a LK MP target combo.

EDIT: Does Mika's battle costume cause a lot of slowdown on the loading screens on PS4 as well? lol

Hyun Sai

The only decision you were making that I consistently disagreed with was your willingness to use EX Boom from fullscreen. The only real purpose that serves is to stop her V-Skill, and non-EX projectiles are usually a good enough deterrent for that anyway. You want to save your meter so that you have a real reversal in that match-up. Even when you're not using EX Flash Kick, just the threat of it being there is enough to throw a wrench into the plans of a character who lives for the knockdown.

EX Boom is more worthwhile at close range to keep armored moves at bay and lessen the risk of jump-ins.

Until the very end, you were almost always blocking on wake-up instead of taking other defensive actions like jumping or dashing. Not sure if you broke a single normal throw on wake-up either, which made situations pretty free when you had no meter.

Whenever you block Mika's s.MP, it's always your turn afterward. It's -2 on it's own and -5 after a LK MP target combo.

EDIT: Does Mika's battle costume cause a lot of slowdown on the loading screens on PS4 as well? lol

Thanks for the advices !

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
V-Skill OH > cr.LP > cr.MP doesn't exist. TAP is not an overhead.

Huh. What the hell did I do then. Guess it was his V-Skill OH into just cr.LP then. Thanks for the other tips as well. Having a lot of fun with Balrog, first time I have used him seriously since ST.

mbpm1

tumblr_o9u3ndEsup1usrgjso1_540.gif

TheOGB

Banned
Has any other character's summer or luxury costumes been found in the game yet?
I don't know if my skepticism should be pointed at Capcom or the hacking/modding scene :V

Has any other character's summer or luxury costumes been found in the game yet?
I don't know if my skepticism should be pointed at Capcom or the hacking/modding scene :V

At this point i don't blame them for making extra costumes for the "popular" "female" characters first and get to the rest if there is budget and time. They are usually good about getting everyone a costume in every theme eventually.

Neoxon

A bunch of my friends just left my house after playing SFV for 6 hours straight. I really felt like I leveled up with Karin & Ibuki.

Kalentan

Well guess it's time to log off for the night. Just got paired against the same person playing Laura multiple times in a row, who could literally combo me into a perfect KO. No matter if I tried blocking or escaping she just endlessly beat on me.

Ketch

Is it a thing where the longer you play during one sitting the worse you get? Like just did a battle lounge where by the end I like couldn't even do a sonic boom anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom