• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of you are saying jump-ins are too strong, half are saying jump-ins are too weak. WHO DO I BELIEVE?

Personally, I think jump-ins are fine the way they are. Almost useless against certain characters, very good against others. Necalli's st.lp is definitely too good so is Ryu's j.lk and a few crossups.

Will the issue of thuggery be discussed?

EDIT: And I hope somebody mentions how poorly funded Capcom Pro Floe Talk is, they even had a jab button mailed to them yet couldn't actually put it in the stick. Couldn't even afford the DLC characters.

Sheroking

Half of you are saying jump-ins are too strong, half are saying jump-ins are too weak. WHO DO I BELIEVE?

Personally, I think jump-ins are fine the way they are. Almost useless against certain characters, very good against others. Necalli's st.lp is definitely too good so is Ryu's j.lk and a few crossups.

It's actually ALL the same problem.

The hitboxes in this game are often fucked up and they make certain normals way more powerful than they're meant to be. Most of the anti-air jabs were clearly not intended to be anti-airs but have no hurt-box and pop out immediately, so work too well. Necalli and Alex have no business successfully anti-airing cross-ups with stand jab.

Then you have moves like Ryu's j.lk, Birdie's cr.mp and Dhalsim's st.lp which are just clown-shoes broken.

Neoxon

Announce Cody please.
Don't get your hopes up for any Season 2 announcement at EVO (aside from maybe reaffirmation that there will be a Season 2 in 2017, even though it was confirmed months ago). If anything, Capcom will likely wait until the Capcom Cup to do said reveals to maximize the hype.

Sheroking

Don't get your hopes up for any Season 2 announcement. If anything, Capcom will likely wait until the Capcom Cup to do said reveals to maximize the hype.

Don't think they're going three months without a single update on the game.

Well, it's Capcom, so I guess I should say I hope they're not stupid enough to go three months without touching the game.

Neoxon

Don't think they're going three months without a single update on the game.

Well, it's Capcom, so I guess I should say I hope they're not stupid enough to go three months without touching the game.
Who said that the updates would stop after Juri & Urien come out? They can still add modes & whatnot within that time-frame.

Sheroking

Who said that the updates would stop after Juri & Urien come out. They can still add modes & whatnot within that time-frame.

Characters are more likely than modes. We've heard nothing on any future modes, but they've got models and functioning characters in story mode already.

Decapre basically seems like she's almost done.

Moaradin

We'll probably get a balance patch after Juri and Urien are out. Didn't they say they would do something like that every season?

kirblar

Man...I hope they have a huge announcement ready for the game at the end of top 8 when it's being broadcast live on ESPN 2.
Tiger Tiger.
We'll probably get a balance patch after Juri and Urien are out. Didn't they say they would do something like that every season?
Post-Capcom Cup. Likely to come alongside new features and a possible name update to differentiate it. In-season fixes are emergency/bugfixes only.

I believe they said that balancing would happen AFTER every season. They've already proven that they'll fix bugs and remove unintended OSs in the middle of the season, but actual character balancing is probably gonna happen after Capcom Cup.

Skilletor

They said balance patches would be after the tourney season. It would be awful to do a balance patch before Capcup that would essentially make the game at Capcup and before different games.

Neoxon

After the Capcom Cup. They likely don't want to make major balance changes during the middle of the CPT season.

Time for dailies and special CPU fights and stuff. Arcade mode ?
I'm still not sure about Arcade Mode anytime soon, or at least an Arcade Mode with new endings. If I recall, Rainbow Mika's English voice actress (Bonnie Gordon) is still recovering from vocal surgery, so Capcom may not be able to do the exact same thing that they did with SFIV as far as Arcade Mode endings go without recasting Mika's English VA (which would be a pain in the ass for both scheduling & finances). I guess they could just get the announcer of the game to narrate the endings (like with the recent MK games) to save some cash or not do endings at all, but people will complain about the latter option.

After the Capcom Cup. They likely don't want to make major balance changes during the middle of the CPT season.

I'm still not sure about Arcade Mode anytime soon, or at least an Arcade Mode with new endings. If I recall, Rainbow Mika's English voice actress (Bonnie Gordon) is still recovering from vocal surgery, so Capcom may not be able to do the exact same thing that they did with SFIV as far as Arcade Mode endings go without recasting Mika's English VA (which would be a pain in the ass for both scheduling & finances). I guess they could just get the announcer of the game to narrate the endings (like with the recent MK games) to save some cash or not do endings at all, but people will complain about the latter option.
I think the real issue with Arcade mode is that they'd clearly have to add Akuma who shows up as an extra fight if you finished Arcade mode with 4 perfect rounds and didn't drop a single round.

I mean, what's even the point of that mode if there's no Akuma?

Potentially 300,000+ people tuning in alone after Top 8 on Twitch just for an announcement of Arcade Mode is so Capcom that I'm almost expecting it now.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209484112]Jumping is legitimately too strong in this game. That's a problem, not invincible DPs.[/QUOTE]

How? I don't know if it's the shitty netcode but jumps are slow enough get out of the air. Plus the Jab AA. The only time Jumps are too strong are Ryu's and Laura's Jumping LK.

Alchemist

Man...I hope they have a huge announcement ready for the game at the end of top 8 when it's being broadcast live on ESPN 2.

Gotta be something Juri related. The only thing that makes me skeptical we'll be getting her this month is we just got 2 characters last week.

Kikirin

How would you fix that?

Adding juggle properties on CH when jumping so that you get combos? Fix hitboxes so that more normals can be used as AAs (not jabs, lololol).

I think something like that would be good. Make every AA hit act as a CH, and make it easier to get decent damage off every AA (but like you said, not jabs).

As it stands, most people can just hop around during matches and it typically works in their favor.

Pretty much. I anti-air a friend's Laura four times in a row with heavies and he still dun curr since she can even it up and get oki if I mess up.

Maybe something like adding a juggle point for anti-airing with mediums or heavies would help? Does the priority system currently apply to jumping normals?

Moaradin

I don't think we'll get any characters this month. Probably a smaller update. Though I think we'll get both Juri and Urien in Augest. Both characters seem pretty far along, especially Urien. I feel like he can be released right now.

Alchemist

I don't think we'll get any characters this month. Probably a smaller update. Though I think we'll get both Juri and Urien in Augest. Both characters seem pretty far along, especially Urien. I feel like he can be released right now.

Same here. Maybe with Arcade Mode too.

Ibuki got delayed a month and still has a pretty fucked up bug that Capcom should really fix before EVO (even if it most likely won't impact the tourney). Capcom should take their time and release them when they're completely ready, but just make sure if there's any issues to be upfront your audience well before July 31st.

Decapre
for july; believe.

Steroyd

Technically Balrog is July's character, it was only meant to be Story mode in June.

SephLuis

I really hope they talk about Juri and when she's going to be released.

I played her a little bit more on story mode. There's potential there, just would like for a few changes on the properties of her attacks, more mobility and change the command of pinwheel.

When people said Juri was lacking a SRK Capcom, we were kidding.

Steroyd

Yeah that's it. Frustrating as shit lol.

From the replays it looks like you can cancel his b.mk when his knee is at the highest point into light tragedy assault (looked up the name lol), but it never comes out for me. :/

Edit: godfucking damnit, I've done it 3 in 30 tries but I can't get a feel for the timing at all. It's pot luck. :/

The God

From the replays it looks like you can cancel his b.mk when his knee is at the highest point into light tragedy assault (looked up the name lol), but it never comes out for me. :/

I'm reading that it's one of Nash's bnbs too. I'll never be able to pull this off in a match lmfao

Gren

tumblr_o9u3ndEsup1usrgjso1_540.gif

Cammy's dress (and to a lesser extent Chun's) reminds me of this pic:

Steroyd

I think I'm going to snap my controller in half, just tried b.mk into light Tragedy 10 times in a row and one of them combo'd and I didn't feel a difference in the timing of my inputs wtf!?

Hyun Sai

I think I'm going to snap my controller in half, just tried b.mk into light Tragedy 10 times in a row and one of them combo'd and I didn't feel a difference in the timing of my inputs wtf!?

There is definitely something off if your input, problem is we can't really tell from here :(

I did all the trials on pad, so it's definitely doable. You tried in training mode with the option showing inputs ?

I don't remember having problems on that one. Ibuki 10 was the hardest for me.

The God

When I can get the moves to come out, they come out milliseconds late and Ryu just blocks.

fuck this shit holy fuck

You should be able to get the TA pretty consistently as b.mk as the timing is less strict on that move compared to most of his other moves. It is probably just an input error on your side since you are having to go on the opposite side of the dpad.

Have you looked at your inputs on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom