• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Here's me playing against a Laura player called Wolfkrone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlMTE-06F4

I didn't realize how long that set was until I uploaded this. It was my first time ever seeing a Super Diamond player.

I think they played too defensively. I can do very little when an opponent is constantly all up in my face. I need to figure out how to properly get out of those situations. Might just have to use V-Reversals way more than I do.

On the other hand, this is also the most focused and best Balrog play I had as of yet. Watching it could help other Balrog players in the Laura MU (who is probably a bad MU for him).

Steroyd

There is definitely something off if your input, problem is we can't really tell from here :(

I did all the trials on pad, so it's definitely doable. You tried in training mode with the option showing inputs ?

I don't remember having problems on that one. Ibuki 10 was the hardest for me.

Yeah I feel I'm milliseconds off, either the cancel doesn't happen or the cancel does happen and Ryu blocks.

I haven't even touched Karin's trial 6(?) yet, Geez.

Ironically I thought Ibuki trial 10 was so leniant on the timing lol, the delay from Raida into dash then super at the end hurts me in internally in terms of response but other than that, I could probably do that ten times in a row compared to this.

Steroyd

Hold on a fucking minute, is b.mk into light Tragedy a spacing thing!? I just did the last part of the combo pretty damn consistantly just now, just did it 3 times in a row. O_O

Edzi

Here's me playing against a Laura player called Wolfkrone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlMTE-06F4

I didn't realize how long that set was until I uploaded this. It was my first time ever seeing a Super Diamond player.

I think they played too defensively. I can do very little when an opponent is constantly all up in my face. I need to figure out how to properly get out of those situations. Might just have to use V-Reversals way more than I do.

On the other hand, this is also the most focused and best Balrog play I had as of yet. Watching it could help other Balrog players in the Laura MU (who is probably a bad MU for him).

Lol, you're really clueless about the overall SF scene, huh? Every time you play a pro player, you refer to them as "some ___ player".

Wolfkrone is a pro player, known RQer, and also the no. 1 player on the leaderboards atm.

FluxWaveZ

Lol, you're really clueless about the overall SF scene, huh? Every time you play a pro player, you refer to them as "some ___ player".

Wolfkrone is a pro player, known RQer, and also the no. 1 player on the leaderboards atm.

Yeah, I don't really follow competitive players or tournaments. I'd rather spend that time playing and improving myself.

Though, I had heard of him after being informed last time I went up against him: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204692271&postcount=8698

Had no idea Wolfkrone was rank 1. Must be from all those rage quits.

You did pretty well against him. I think you could have probably been a little more aggressive as I felt he was getting into too much of a rhythm with his approach and probably could have initiated offense on reaction. He was jumping a lot in most those rounds. I don't know if that's a problem with boxer or if you were afraid of committing to AAs in fear of punishment.

Him playing really lame that second to last match was borderline disrespectful IMO.

I wish boxers KKB had a low as it is very predictable as to what they can do after it.

Hyun Sai

Nice set !

PrRog said on stream laura is one of Balrog's bad matchups indeed.

The God

Hold on a fucking minute, is b.mk into light Tragedy a spacing thing!? I just did the last part of the combo pretty damn consistantly just now, just did it 3 times in a row. O_O

How did you do this because I don't move at all after the V trigger

Edzi

Yeah, I don't really follow competitive players or tournaments. I'd rather spend that time playing and improving myself.

Considering how good you are and how much time you seem to put into this game, I believe it. I still find it amusing how someone so good at the game can be so disconnected with the scene though.

DD-11

Very nice play. I do need to work on my patience. Thanks for the upload. That dash punch cancel into empty kkb into shimmy punish was inspired.

Steroyd

When I say spacing I meant that the hard punch after v trigger pushes Ryu out.

Along the ground you can press HP almost immediately after the v trigger it's either spacing or added stun after the HP b.mk that raises light tradegy's success rate as a combo ender.

That's all I can assume because my input timing sure didn't change.

mbpm1

Whenever I read those posts it makes me laugh and puts me on tilt lol

Though, I had heard of him after being informed last time I went up against him: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204692271&postcount=8698

You can also improve by seeing top level play though

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Word. Good looking out uploading this. My boy is a Laura main and now Balrog is mine. Gonna watch and take mental notes.

Skab

I think I'm going to snap my controller in half, just tried b.mk into light Tragedy 10 times in a row and one of them combo'd and I didn't feel a difference in the timing of my inputs wtf!?

Go into training mode, set the dummy to block after first attack.

If tragedy is being blocked your doing it too late, if it isn't coming out at all, youre too early.

You're inputting the follow up too soon then.

That's why you get a second monitor so you can watch streams while playing! Duh!

FluxWaveZ

Saw this a couple days ago and your video reminded me of it. It might help you in the future with some new ideas going into the matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsIyu12sgI8

Thanks. I see he had the same amount of trouble keeping Laura off his ass; need to find a solution with Balrog. Possibly st.MK for counter pokes more often. Also that EX uppercut thing with armor. Pretty effective under pressure.

I still don't use cr.MP often enough, and he was in that video to good effect at times.

That's why you get a second monitor so you can watch streams while playing! Duh!

I'll do that with Training mode sometimes, but usually it's not a stream but either frame data on my second monitor or some guide video with which I can reference some stuff while training.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Thanks. I see he had the same amount of trouble keeping Laura off his ass; need to find a solution with Balrog. Possibly st.MK for counter pokes more often. Also that EX uppercut thing with armor. Pretty effective under pressure.

I still don't use cr.MP often enough, and he was in that video to good effect at times.

I'll do that with Training mode sometimes, but usually it's not a stream but either frame data on my second monitor or some guide video with which I can reference some stuff while training.

Flux, meant to tell you, that cr.LP, cr.MP into Dash Straight I asked about is only a combo off a counter hit.

St.mk and cr.mp are boxers best buttons for counter pokes IMO. I like EX uppercut but I haven't tested it as a reliable AA or counter too much yet.

Giolon

tumblr_o9u3ndEsup1usrgjso1_540.gif

It's like Capcom knew what I wanted before I even knew I wanted it.

Shadoken

So this pic of SFZ3 randomly popped up on my twitter since apparently it released today in Japan 17 years back. Also ROFL at that pic of Rog and Birdie , WTF Capcom.

Cm3rZElWIAQjOUM.jpg

Interesting to note Guy's skin color , I thought it was just a boxart thing but then apparently even his Alpha artwork was the same?

Street-Fighter-Alpha-3-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Render-Guy-2.jpg

However its not the same now in SFIV and SFV. Wonder if Capcom are just gonna brush it aside like Birdies " I was sick thing " and say he had a Tan back then or something lol.

Hubb

Sorry if this has already been hashed out a bunch, but are they going to eventually open up buying colors for costumes beyond the default ones?

Hubb

They've said officially that they're going to look into adding additional methods for colour unlocks.

What it'll be, we don't know but currently, the only way to get additional colours is to clear survival or purchase colours 11-15 from the store if you have the FM and the related XP character level.

Damn, thanks. I was hoping they would have come out with something since the option is there in the store. If nothing else I would think it is a good FM sink for people.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
People are so bizarre online. Dude beats my Balrog first set with a gimmicky Ryu and the help of lag. Second set, lag clears up and I shut down his tricks for a decisive win. He quits out. Smh.

Or even better, the "I am so much better than you I will quit out after just one win even though our match was close" player. Yeesh.

FluxWaveZ

I heard about the Cammy nipple modifications in the latest update. Not that it matters, but I think that's the least of the issues when it comes to Cammy's outfit. Probably not because of any ESRB stuff, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom