• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Won't miss Cammy's nips, there's plenty of sex appeal in the game without making characters look like they're aroused. Street Fighter has always had that hardbody appreciation but it's never been directly sexual, and I think it's more cartoony and appropriate for the game now.

DR2K

Banned
Won't miss Cammy's nips, there's plenty of sex appeal in the game without making characters look like they're aroused. Street Fighter has always had that hardbody appreciation but it's never been directly sexual, and I think it's more cartoony and appropriate for the game now.

She's just cold because she's missing her pants.

NEO0MJ

Maybe it's because she's feeling cold? Must be freezing wearing nothing but a leotard.

Edit: Damn it, DR2K!

She's just cold because she's missing her pants.

I really don't get why they can't explain the lack of pants. Did they get stolen, is it a philosophical thing, is she trying to make a statement, does she not like them?

Just give a reason. Particularly for the story alt.

Skilletor

Wouldn't even have noticed Cammy's change if not for the post here, and it's really disturbing that some people have and even more that they're bothered by the change.

Pretty disgusting, tbh.

Pompadour

I really don't get why they can't explain the lack of pants. Did they get stolen, is it a philosophical thing, is she trying to make a statement, does she not like them?

I think any old design like that we're stuck with because adding any clothing to their default outfit would be seen, in some parts, as kowtowing to the SJW Illuminati. On /r/kappa Harada went from a hero to a cuck in less than 24 hours over two tweets. The nipple removal is also seen as a grave offense.

Cammy would look pretty good with some military-style pants a la Leona from KOF. They should at least add pants to that alt where she's wearing a goddamned suit jacket and tie.

kirblar

I think any old design like that we're stuck with because adding any clothing to their default outfit would be seen, in some parts, as kowtowing to the SJW Illuminati. On /r/kappa Harada went from a hero to a cuck in less than 24 hours over two tweets. The nipple removal is also seen as a grave offense.

Cammy would look pretty good with some military-style pants a la Leona from KOF. They should at least add pants to that alt where she's wearing a goddamned suit jacket and tie.
It's based on her SSF4 ending, where she had a skirt. Not having one on it is ridiculous, it's like she got into a fight in the middle of getting dressed.

Look at the bright side, if they can change the bump mapping on Cammy's nips, they can possible change Ken's face.

edit: and that ugly ass haircut on that premium costume.

Xeteh

Wouldn't even have noticed Cammy's change if not for the post here, and it's really disturbing that some people have and even more that they're bothered by the change.

Pretty disgusting, tbh.

Same, it blows my mind that people get in an uproar about this much less even notice it. I played a ton of Cammy and never would have noticed the change.

Plat Mika's are frauds.

she's pretty much easy mode. The first thing that needs to go is her Passion Press hitbox and extending her command throw range. Even though MP is -2 on block, the hitbox on her Passion Press is ridiculous to the point it doesn't matter. And her EX throws does too much damage without the Vskill.

BadWolf

she's pretty much easy mode. The first thing that needs to go is her Passion Press hitbox and extending her command throw range. Even though MP is -2 on block, the hitbox on her Passion Press is ridiculous to the point it doesn't matter. And her EX throws does too much damage without the Vskill.

Take things like that away and what does she have left?

And don't even bring up her V-skill, it's complete garbage and the worst in the game.

GorillaJu

I imagine it's because it's her clothing style of choice. I dunno maybe she's proud of her legs or smth. If Instagram has taught me anything it's that people with good bodies like to show them off.

More likely it's her trademark style and they're keeping it a running joke at this point.

SephLuis

I wonder how many people here actually main Juri from SSF4. Capcom went overboard with the sex appeal on Juri with the whole dominatrix look. Yes she's sadistic but this is ridiculous. As if Capcom hasn't done enough with Cammy running around London with no pants.

I used to be a Juri main since SSF4 while alternating her with Chun Li.

I ended up liking the new clothes (prefer the old one more though) and while it was know she's sadistic, she went more overboard on insults this time than action, but I am going to accept this because of the story mode constraints.

I am more worried about her gameplay. I played again recently and liked it more, but she needs some tweaking. Her new v-skill and special, for example, what are we going to use them for ? Her v-skill seems completely unsafe and easy to punish, while her new special doesn't seem something like to finish a combo or to pass fireballs or to control space. For now it just seems useless.

They also have to increase her mobility too

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I imagine it's because it's her clothing style of choice. I dunno maybe she's proud of her legs or smth. If Instagram has taught me anything it's that people with good bodies like to show them off.

More likely it's her trademark style and they're keeping it a running joke at this point.
Or maybe she just hasn't gotten use to pants and likes her legs to be free.

Nipples get you M ratings. Skimpy outfits don't.

Why do companies even care about ratings? Is pretty evident every M or 18+ rated game is played by masses of kids. They're meaningless.

EA even screwed up by saying they were worried kids wouldn't know about WW1...in their M/18+ rated video game.

GorillaJu

Or maybe she just hasn't gotten use to pants and likes her legs to be free.

That's true. Humans really aren't meant to be wearing pants.

Isn't that exactly what they've been doing so far? I don't think they care so much about what some vociferous prudes think so much as they make internal judgments on what is within the realm of acceptability in SF's aesthetic, and what goes too far or cheapens the image of the game.

The change on Juri's costume is pretty significant, and I think the response has mostly been positive because it looks cooler now, her design was never really about TITS!! in the first place.

Why do companies even care about ratings? Is pretty evident every M or 18+ rated game is played by masses of kids. They're meaningless.

EA even screwed up by saying they were worried kids wouldn't know about WW1...in their M/18+ rated video game.

Not to mention the game is already rated, what would be the point of changing things now?

Take things like that away and what does she have left?

And don't even bring up her V-skill, it's complete garbage and the worst in the game.

She still has everything but with the hitbox reduced on her passion throw. Why do you make it like I'm taking out a move entirely?

And they can make her V-Skill useful by adjusting her damage output with her Ex Command Throws.

Not wearing pants/having exposed legs is a trope to show a character is focussed around kicks, fairly common in late 90's, early 2000s

Sounds like you want to nerf her into garbage tier.

BadWolf

She still has everything but with the hitbox reduced on her passion throw. Why do you make it like I'm taking out a move entirely?

And they can make her V-Skill useful by adjusting her damage output with her Ex Command Throws.

Because her neutral is weak as is and she has zero ranged options aside from blowing V-trigger.

Her EX command grab does good damage but that's okay since her V-skill is shit and if she misses the grab then she will eat a full jump in combo.

joe2187

Banned
I wonder how many people here actually main Juri from SSF4. Capcom went overboard with the sex appeal on Juri with the whole dominatrix look. Yes she's sadistic but this is ridiculous. As if Capcom hasn't done enough with Cammy running around London with no pants.

It's about on par with her chracterization from the SF4 OVA, I dont see any difference she was just as sadistic and over the top while she beating the shit out of cammy, guile and chun-li at the same time.

Also, as a Cammy main, since ST. I didnt even notice the Nipple thing.

Besides, people who play cammy are all about butt.

It's amazing how many people all the way up to 4000 LP or so can't block crossups.

After they get hit by a couple they just start getting really determined to DP jump ins, then you can get max punish combos off of safe jumps.

It's like set play, that they've enabled, because they can't read a jump trajectory.

To be fair, in this game the visual character and hurt boxes are a fucking mess.

joe2187

Banned
Not wearing pants/having exposed legs is a trope to show a character is focussed around kicks, fairly common in late 90's, early 2000s

There's a dude with a Kim Kaphwan avatar directly below your post. as well as Juri being a prime example in the game itself that that isnt true. And Kim has been around forever, I dont see Kim wearing daisy dukes yet.

HardRojo

Seriously? Cammy's nipples and Juri's outfit? I think Juri's outfit looks a lot better with the "latex", and I wouldn't even have been able to notice the changes to Cammy's model. It's actually baffling to me that people would go to such lengths to keep discussing about this. Though I gotta say that what is equally baffling to me is the fact that Capcom bothers to do this, yet we have Laura's story alt lol, which looks really silly tbh.

khaaan

I heard there was a story mode now so I fired up the game again after a long time and after downloading the update the "General Story" is blank. Is there something I have to do to get it unlocked?

BadWolf

I heard there was a story mode now so I fired up the game again after a long time and after downloading the update the "General Story" is blank. Is there something I have to do to get it unlocked?

Go to the ps store, story mode is a separate download.

There's a dude with a Kim Kaphwan avatar directly below your post. as well as Juri being a prime example in the game itself that that isnt true. And Kim has been around forever, I dont see Kim wearing daisy dukes yet.

Ok?

In fighting games, taekwondo and muay thai fighters are generally portrayed with a traditional (inspired) outfit, this is a different trope altogether.

Just wait until they cover up Birdie's nipples and cover him in latex.

Plz
a7EW3JN.jpg

nobody noticed. that's why you get this pic long after the patch released. and that's why everyone is puzzled they're so spineless with all these changes.

I wonder if it has anything to do with SFV being on ESPN2 and how our media can be really strict with these things. I'm probably just reaching though.

Edzi

You guys are weird for wanting nipples in the first place. I hadn't actually noticed it before, but now that it's been pointed out I'm glad they took it out. It's kinda creepy.

Pompadour

Isn't that exactly what they've been doing so far? I don't think they care so much about what some vociferous prudes think so much as they make internal judgments on what is within the realm of acceptability in SF's aesthetic, and what goes too far or cheapens the image of the game.

Well, do you think that this large and recognizable shift to giving the women bigger busts and more revealing clothing was entirely due to what they wanted to do as opposed to catering to a specific demographic? Were they afraid to enact this change in previous Street Fighters, where the outfits were much less revealing, because of said prudes?

You're right that is was based on internal judgement in that they probably realized if they had a shot of selling the game in the Japanese market, a market that mostly played SF at arcades and had not adopted the PS4 in significant numbers, they needed to cater to the otaku demographic that still spends money on consoles and games. And judging by what Japanese games mostly look like, and specifically what almost every other Japanese fighting game looks like, they needed lots of extra tits and ass to capture that market.

So there was a large shift in what the traditional aesthetic design of what a Street Fighter game looks like in order to appeal to this demographic, which isn't that dissimilar an idea of covering up the women in the game to appeal to "prudes." Unless the only people still working at Capcom are doing it because their dream job is to work on the game they've been jerking off to since the early 90's then it's clear that they adjusted their design to cater to a specific demographic. Couching these designs with the idea that these developers can finally actuate their creative vision is dishonest.

Although Ono is a producer so who knows.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
nobody noticed. that's why you get this pic long after the patch released. and that's why everyone is puzzled they're so spineless with all these changes.

Couldn't you also spin it the other way? e.g., Capcom are showing some spine by correcting their design mistakes despite the whining from people who need their video games about punching to also be sexually stimulating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom