• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next round of costumes: tournament mendated eSport outfits!?

No one covering up my Bonita!

Wouldn't even have noticed Cammy's change if not for the post here, and it's really disturbing that some people have and even more that they're bothered by the change.

Pretty disgusting, tbh.

I didn't even know they were there in the first place. I don't know how some one even figured it out honestly.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I've yet to get SFV. What content is planned to be added between now and the end of the year? I know there's a bunch of characters, and the implementation of Ibuki and Juri are who are pushing me over the edge for getting the game, but I'll likely wait until Christmas and grab it at the Steam winter sale. Are Capcom planning any new game modes before year's end or are they focusing on adding characters right now?

I've yet to get SFV. What content is planned to be added between now and the end of the year? I know there's a bunch of characters, and the implementation of Ibuki and Juri are who are pushing me over the edge for getting the game, but I'll likely wait until Christmas and grab it at the Steam winter sale. Are Capcom planning any new game modes before year's end or are they focusing on adding characters right now?

Extra battles and Dailies are confirmed, the rest is characters.
There is going to be a lot of downtime between the last confirmed character and season 2 though, so I do expect more things to be added.

Zackat

They are going to have a media thing at EVO. I am sure there will be a thread about it, but you should tune in. I don't have a link right now, on mobile, but I am sure it is back a few pages with the time and date. They will talk (hopefully) about those things.

Xeteh

It just dawned on me that the current animation for Juri's CA might just be the whiff/block animation and there could be a more cinematic version on hit. I'm quick.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I forgot to ask, but is there a trial mode in SFV like IV had? It's not ideal, but that's how I tried to learn characters in that game. Do a trial (especially combos), then head into training and try to get to the point where I could do those things consistently.

Neoxon

I forgot to ask, but is there a trial mode in SFV like IV had? It's not ideal, but that's how I tried to learn characters in that game. Do a trial (especially combos), then head into training and try to get to the point where I could do those things consistently.
Yes, but it focuses exclusively on combos instead of having special move inputs for trials followed by combos.

Skip this if you don't want to be spoiled, or don't give a shit about the story.

I'd place this in the other topic, but it's more or less people not discussing the actual story, so whatever.

Anyway, SFV didn't explain everything properly, but with some side materials and assumptions, you could answer at least a few of the plot holes lingering around. Or maybe I gave this more thought than Capcom did. Probably that.

What was Bison trying to do besides float around all day and say "delicious"?

Bison wanted a new body. Simple. His hair is white, and his body is deteriorating, and he needs to do a switch. It's part of his powerset, which I'll explain. Psycho Power feeds off of negative energy, meaning the more hurtbad things going on in the world, the stronger he gets. There's more to it, but setting off bombs and killing a bunch of people is a good way to get a boost. But he can't handle his shit after a while, so he needs a new body that can. The second part of the plan was to draw a bunch of warriors to his base and figure out who is worthy of all that.

Hence why he says what he says to Ryu at the end.

Okay, but what was the point of Necaili?

Remember that weird ass prologue with him wanting to eat souls? Yeah, that's all he does, but he's probably being controlled by the Illuminati. Kinda weird how he shows up when Urien wants to test Balrog, huh? He is most likely being controlled or monitored by them, but probably existed before SFV and wasn't created.

So he's a bio weapon of some sorts!

What in the hell happened to Charlie?

As far as I remember, Charlie's whole deal is that he can absorb PP (heh) away from people. When he finds that out, he goes after Bison and tries to take him out, but doesn't. What he DOES do is nerf Bison, since he was all powered up, and wasn't as waspy as before when Ryu takes him on.

So Charlie didn't take out Bison, but sucked out a good deal of his PP. RIP for good. Or maybe...

Why is Juri helping the good guys?

Juri is sadistic, and an awful person, but she knows when to play the right side. Teaming up with the good guys is a better option for her, especially since Bison isn't going to let her back in any time soon. So it's in her best interest to help the good people because she ultimately wants to fuck up Bison's shit as much as possible.

She knows she can't take him head on (at least, not anymore, after getting stomped in SF4), so she's willing to help out Cammy and crew.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yes, but it focuses exclusively on combos instead of having special move inputs for trials followed by combos.

Alrighty. So it's good for getting used to the timing on inputs in order to string moves together? That's always been my weakness with getting used to how the frames play one into the next and how to make the most of it. Going from trials to training helped me get a basic feel for that sort of stuff in IV, so if V can do something similar, that's fantastic. =)

Sheroking

Alrighty. So it's good for getting used to the timing on inputs in order to string moves together? That's always been my weakness with getting used to how the frames play one into the next and how to make the most of it. Going from trials to training helped me get a basic feel for that sort of stuff in IV, so if V can do something similar, that's fantastic. =)

The input frame buffer in Street Fighter 5 more or less removes any great need to understand timing.

The trials of SFIV are exponentially more difficult than the trials of SFV.

Neoxon

More or less, yeah. It also helps get a feel for what the character is about & aids in opening the door for you to experiment with said character's other combos. That said, the input buffer in SFV is considerably more forgiving than in IV.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Thanks for the help. =) Learning about this more forgiving input buffer is making me want to pick up the game sooner rather than later. Wish I'd known about it before the Steam sale. XD

Xeteh

Juri is sadistic, and an awful person, but she knows when to play the right side. Teaming up with the good guys is a better option for her, especially since Bison isn't going to let her back in any time soon. So it's in her best interest to help the good people because she ultimately wants to fuck up Bison's shit as much as possible.

She knows she can't take him head on (at least, not anymore, after getting stomped in SF4), so she's willing to help out Cammy and crew.

It just kind of bugged me that Juri seriously felt like she was there for the sake of having her in the story. The only entertaining part of her bit in the story was that she escaped on bike from Brazil to London with people chasing her before finally losing them. I don't know, she felt tacked on and I was hoping for more.

Sayad

Dude, you're thinking too much about it, gurl just want Bison dead.

It just kind of bugged me that Juri seriously felt like she was there for the sake of having her in the story. The only entertaining part of her bit in the story was that she escaped on bike from Brazil to London with people chasing her before finally losing them. I don't know, she felt tacked on and I was hoping for more.
Half the characters felt tacked on, Juri fit better into the story than a lot of them, especially if you watch her story mode first.

Hyun Sai

Just had my first ranked ragequitter, congratulation to silver player pookie123 and his Ryu !

Of course it was perhaps an accidental disconnect at the end of the last round being stunned near death.

I just made my first RQ. But it was against a 1 bar Ken who somehow got accepted with 5 bars, and he was literally teleporting everywhere. So I quit in the second round when I couldn't even see my character. Feels bad :/

KingBroly

Banned
I really hope Capcom gets Steam Workshop Mod support into Street Fighter 5. I don't like having to replace colors and costumes for mods. It's so tedious right now.

I also hope they get to add Frame Data into the game like MKX did. Putting that stuff into a Strategy Guide is such an outdated, out of touch idea that's just done for short-term gain. Especially in a time when games are constantly updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom